Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Playable Harp*

by lidiqnata Posted 22nd Apr 2013 at 2:53 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2014 at 8:15 AM by lidiqnata

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 3:44 PM

Wow! This is wonderful! Thank you so much lidiqnata, this will get a lot of use in the medieval 'hood.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 3:45 PM
I love the idea of a playable harp (actually been looking for one) but, hearing the sound of a piano instead of a harp sort of defeats the purpose of downloading this for me. I think you should try to change the audio files for it to that of a harp. I still think this is great work.

"We'll creep together you and I, for I know where all the small friends are..."-Ramona A. Stone(David Bowie)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 3:46 PM
This is beautiful. Great Job!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soul_rune1984
I love the idea of a playable harp (actually been looking for one) but, hearing the sound of a piano instead of a harp sort of defeats the purpose of downloading this for me. I think you should try to change the audio files for it to that of a harp. I still think this is great work.

Yes you're right It's indeed strange,but at this point I am not capable of adding a custom sound Maybe in the future-as for now, the harp and the piano both use strings,so the difference in the sound is not that big.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:31 PM
This is really wonderful. Ty!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:33 PM Last edited by karen lorraine : 22nd Apr 2013 at 5:33 PM.
These look absolutely beautiful, lidignata I was looking at Dr Pixel's harp the other day too!

I too would love to hear it with a real harp sound, especially as I have not long performed the Faure Requiem in choir with a harp accompaniment - truly a beautiful instrument.

EDIT: OK now understand that it's almost impossible to add a harp sound to this beautiful harp My finder is paused over the download button NOW!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:37 PM
@ soul rune... Methinks if it were that simple, it would be done!

Lidiqnata...this is brilliant!

I can think of hundreds of medievaldoers alone who will delight in this harp and expect that pooked and icad recolours are on already underway!

Thank you for bringing another bit of realism to our Sim world and improving my functioning harp collection! I am more than willing to add this jewel to my current and future lots! Super job!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soul_rune1984

Adding custom sound to an object like this would be a huge undertaking. Since there are several skill levels with each instrument, it would require each musical piece to have it's own custom sound for each skill level. Multiply that by the number of musical types (jazz, country, etc.) that the game has and you would have a humongous number of custom sound files you'd have to create. Just be satisfied that the harp has custom animations that are really quite good. You've done a fabulous job here Lidignata. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:51 PM Last edited by StephSim : 22nd Apr 2013 at 5:02 PM.
What Ray said ...

I mean have you seen this bit of awesomeness from back in the day?
http://www.modthesims.info/d/286290
I'm sure a lot of work went into adding custom pipe organ sounds. There are 8 packaged Megs of custom sound files alone and such a skilled undertaking has rarely been done in the Sims 2 community!

So, again...thank you Lidiqnata for providing the community with a playable harp! The wonderful effort that you've put into this is much appreciated... with or without the "authentic" sounds! I'm excited about it and haven't even taken into the game yet!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 5:26 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 22nd Apr 2013 at 5:39 PM.
You've finished it! And it's gorgeous! What a wonderful object for my Sims to have, especially for the ones in my medievali-ish Westeros 'hood (who right not are relegated to painting... and more painting... and then painting some more to build creative skill). I love that there's a child version, too. You did a brilliant job with this - thank you so much for sharing it! :lovestruc

@soul_rune1984, as someone who knows how to add custom sound to an object, I can tell you that it's NOT just a matter of "changing the sound files". It's very, very complicated even for a simple object, and for an object like this, that has different music for different skill levels, the complexity increases exponentially. It's not the "flip a switch and you're done" kind of modding.

I'm sorry, but I really, really don't understand why people can't be happy that something has the W, X, Y and Z functions, but instead have to complain that it doesn't have Q.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 6:31 PM
Rarely do I leave a comment for the simple reason - How many ways can a person say thank you, really? I love the Thanks button. HOWEVER, I have to comment here.

lidiqnata - you have created a most wondrous object. From the mystical self-playing harp on S1 to the same on S2, I never hoped that a playable version could/would be manifest. You have graciously brought the inconceivable to life.

THANK YOU! *wild applause*
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:27 PM
Love it, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:44 PM
SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

Thank you for this (and your many, many other creations, too)!

@NixNivis: try to be a little more compassionate--we Simmers are a greedy lot...we can't help but want EVERYthing when something this fantastic comes along..! ;D

8)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 8:48 PM
These are absolutely lovely, thank you so much! I don't mind that it plays piano music, just having a harp that PLAYS at all is fantastic! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 9:15 PM
Oh, this mesh is beautiful! Thank you so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 12:06 AM
Brilliant work! Congrats!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 12:16 AM
Oh my goodness. This is -- WOW. Thank you, Lidiqnata! I cannot wait to get this in-game and start playing!

Besides, I like that you used the piano sounds for this -- they're both string instruments, aren't they? And I like the idea of my Sims playing "Flight of the Bumblebee" on the harp.

Edit reason: Spell fail.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 1:46 AM
this is amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 5:47 AM
Oh, I can't wait to put this in my Croft Manor! You know how Lara Croft loves her music! Fantastic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 6:34 AM
YAY! This is such a wonderful item and it fits my themed 'hood so well. Thanks for the shout out as well! I love all your creations!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:53 PM
How fantastic is this? Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 7:32 PM
Absolute genius.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 7:54 PM
This is beautiful! I've never seen a harp for Sims 2, and I just have to have this! Thank you so much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 9:37 PM
This is perfect! My girlfriend plays the harp and this will work really well with her sim-self! Thanks a bunches!!
Page 1 of 4