Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#1201 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Where is the mood meter? What are the causes and effects of the environment? Is there an environment score? What brings the mood down? Hell, where is the mood meter?

Holy crap. I assumed the icons under the sim portrait were to open up panels such as what you had in TS3 (sim information, moods, etc.), but it looks like they ARE the moods. Don't tell me they went with that idea for TS3 I read about early in its development where moods were just bubbles with three stages!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1202 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:32 AM
They might have. If they have a lot of people aren't going to be happy with that.
Forum Resident
#1203 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:40 AM
The way I see it. The mood shows color changes depending on their fulfillment. For example: The orange "Z" icon would mean that the sim is tired, whereas green would indicate fulfillment.

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Mad Poster
#1204 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I guess the UI is limited and don't have the "motives panel" because they want us to focus on opportunities and challenges instead of sim's Motives.

Boooo! Just joking.

The more I look at the pics, the more I am concerned. I don't want to dragged through another series of nothing more than one feature and a dry ass look. #feelingfucked

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#1205 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:42 AM
I'm still gonna assume these are prototypes and that we'll all be pleasantly surprised on the 20th. It's all that's been keeping me sane ever since I first saw these pics.
Forum Resident
#1206 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:45 AM
Yeah. I remember reading on some games magazine about Sims 3 features when they announce it. They ended up not having most of the "features" implemented.

Scholar
#1207 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I'm still gonna assume these are prototypes and that we'll all be pleasantly surprised on the 20th. It's all that's been keeping me sane ever since I first saw these pics.

Even though these pics are growing on me, I still agree with that...

...Titanium white...
Lab Assistant
#1208 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:46 AM
I wonder, if there are Kids in the Game
Like I haven't seen anything Kids related.. and knowing EA i wouldn't' be surprised
Mad Poster
#1209 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:52 AM
They must don't want me to play the Sims 4 if EA eliminates the childhood and infant stages. I know for sure about that.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#1210 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 3:54 AM
I hope they don't take kids out of the game. Wouldn't be any fun.

Grey haired guy just has grey hair or is he an elder? Wha? Huh? I'm confuzzled.
Lab Assistant
#1211 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:02 AM
I already found a glitch in one of the Pics
There are Flowers floating around a Streetlamp..
EA doing fine as always..
Mad Poster
#1212 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:04 AM
They must don't want me to play the Sims 4 if EA eliminates the childhood and infant stages. I know for sure about that.

Lol they're gonna go back to the Sims 1 days where Sims have babies from kissing and after three days the baby becomes a child that looks nothing like either parent. And then stays a child for the rest of its life.

"Those assholes want us to 'go back to our roots'? Fine! We'll show 'em our roots!"
Theorist
#1213 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:09 AM
Just wish we'd get a trailer. I think we're getting something on the 16th since germany is going to have ts4 in their magazine. Anyone else get that feeling?
Lab Assistant
#1214 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Seeing the game in action will make or break it. I hope the trailer is at least somewhat representative of the game - remember the trailers for TS2 and TS3? The games were nothing like the trailers.
Mad Poster
#1215 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:17 AM
I have more concern than excitement right now. Although game play is important, I love looking around and the scenery seals it all in for me. I hope that the pics look flat because it's 2D and the game actually plays in 3D on my monitor. Right now, I am not feeling this too much. Sorry.

Theorist
#1216 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:21 AM

This is what they meant by expressive sims? LOL Ok.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1217 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:22 AM
Never mind that. We're getting violin on the get go!

Theorist
#1218 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:23 AM
The way I see it. There's a mix of cartoony and realism so that if you put the right proportions you can get more realistic yet stylized sims.
Mad Poster
#1219 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:28 AM
Yeah, I am seeing some stuff from Sims 3 EPs being put in the BG, like the mixologist bar they offering for preorder. Still not doing enough to peak my excitement level. Guess I have to wait for Gamescon.

Test Subject
#1220 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nic
I already found a glitch in one of the Pics
There are Flowers floating around a Streetlamp..
EA doing fine as always..

You may want to wait and see a more zoomed in picture, lots of lamposts have hanging baskets stuck to the with a metal spike that goes through the basket itself. This could be easily on of those lamposts.
Test Subject
#1221 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:32 AM
Hmm. I have mixed feelings about this. CAS looks good, and the sims generally appear more "attractive" than TS3 (I don't mind the cartoony look) but the graphics and lighting don't seem much better than The Sims 3, it even looks a little worse in some pics.

Also, is it just me or are those hands looking quite ugly - they seem blocky like Sims 2 hands
Inventor
#1222 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:39 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 15th Aug 2013 at 9:55 PM.
removed the images.

EDIT2: Many images linked to the cached page were removed or blocked from thesims.com server. If you want to take a look at images, just google it.
Theorist
#1223 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:40 AM
I just wanna throw this out there. What if there are inconsistencies because some photos are from a tablet version and some from the pc?

Also. Hands are pretty hard to do. These hands are good IMO.
Lab Assistant
#1224 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by molie3
You may want to wait and see a more zoomed in picture, lots of lamposts have hanging baskets stuck to the with a metal spike that goes through the basket itself. This could be easily on of those lamposts.

i know what you mean
Scholar
#1225 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:51 AM
I'm not going to lie, the CAS in the Sims 4 is amazingly perfect!! Looks like you can detail almost everything. My issue is that it everything looks the almost same, so far yet colorful which i like.Unlocking rewards, come on! And the sims themselves,they're okay so far. I still wonder, does this means that by unlocking reward means Showtime rewards fiasco all over again I would hate to do that seeing EA Servers whatnot? By looking at this looks like a remake of the Sims 1 to be honest, I don't know I'm still reserving judgment until August the 20th and 21st. (Please, hurry Up already!)

I hope does this means that traveling to other hoods/subhoods are automatically implemented instead of waiting for a patch this time?

Where is the mood meter? What are the causes and effects of the environment? Is there an environment score? What brings the mood down? Hell, where is the mood meter?
I hope this is a prototype pic because, if this is the actual game play pic then they really blew it big time!
Screenshots
Locked thread
Page 49 of 817