Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2013 at 12:16 PM
Default Woohooer mod: Has anyone else ever had quads?
Oh God. My sims just had quads :') three girls and a boy. This is going to be a nightmare

The female sim has the fertility treatment thingy but I just wanted her to have twins, not this.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th May 2013 at 12:53 PM
Yeah, quadruplets are a feature that comes with WooHooer, it happens. Fertility treatment already significantly raises the chance of both twins and triplets, so that plus WooHooer can be an... awkward combination sometimes, to say the least.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2013 at 1:03 PM
It's not just fertility treatment either. I wanted to guarantee having two sets of triplets for one family and had them both use the wish for a large family choice via the Showtime genie.

Both pregnancies resulted in quads.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th May 2013 at 1:08 PM
Aw three girls and a boy! If I were you, I'd change their blanket colours so it's easier to tell the burritos apart!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th May 2013 at 5:04 PM
If you don't want quads, you can go to the Woohooer options and adjust the setting. Woohooer > Try For Baby > Species: Human > Chance of Quadruplets

On the other hand, if you're looking to increase chances of multiples, obviously Fertility Treatment helps, as does watching the Kid Zone channel on TV and listening to children's music.

The Indiesine Legacy : featuring helpful tips, the best free CC, and elvish warrior princesses.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 15th May 2013 at 5:05 PM
I think I did. I repressed the memory. I felt like I didn't sleep for a week. What sims taught me: Never to have children.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 16th May 2013 at 12:45 AM
If you held out for IP, you could have just drowned dunked one or two of them to make home life more tolerable (and why do we still not have the grill back by the end of TS3?).
Alchemist
#8 Old 16th May 2013 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
If you held out for IP, you could have just drowned dunked one or two of them to make home life more tolerable (and why do we still not have the grill back by the end of TS3?).

Well, barbeque really needs drumsticks.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th May 2013 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
...and why do we still not have the grill back by the end of TS3?

Has anyone asked the creators of the original one about that yet? In fairness, the necessary animations for placing burritos on a new version of the OMGWTFBBQ weren't in the game until the Store changing table came out at the beginning of this year. But now it's probably entirely possible.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:57 PM
Pescado created the original baby BBQ for Sims 2. I don't use Awesomemod but I take it from people's posts that Pescado didn't put some sort of BBQ for Sims 3 function in Awesomemod?

People may not want to ask on MATY because of the nature of the posters of the site.
Instructor
#11 Old 16th May 2013 at 6:14 PM
I'd rather like to grill up the quads and two sets of trips that I just had in my overstuffed household. 12 hour pregnancies + woohooer + fertility treatment is a horrible, horrible thing.

ps: applefeather2- I laughed for an excessive amount of time at your comment.

A collection of my houses: http://gnomesnewhomes.blogspot.com/

Branch Timbley must die: http://gnomebuilders.blogspot.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 16th May 2013 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Pescado created the original baby BBQ for Sims 2. I don't use Awesomemod but I take it from people's posts that Pescado didn't put some sort of BBQ for Sims 3 function in Awesomemod?

People may not want to ask on MATY because of the nature of the posters of the site.

No, there's no OMGWTFBBQ feature in any TS3 mod.

...Yet.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 16th May 2013 at 6:42 PM
Ha, I just had quads in my game last night. It was funny, but since I was already going for triplets it didn't horrify me too much. Fertility treatment on both parents, plus the Alchemy potion that increases fertility, and I guess I do have woohooer in. Those guys didn't have a chance. I may have to make them not have kids again, 'cause it's probably doomed them from now on.

I don't think Pescado has any plans to make a babby-Q this time around. I believe it's been brought up quite a few times.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 16th May 2013 at 6:45 PM
Ah, that's a pity. Perhaps someone else can try instead. Simlogical has a request board...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th May 2013 at 8:58 PM
Imagine if it was remade though.

Woohooer + fertility treatment used to make a new challenge: eat 100 babies.
Instructor
#16 Old 16th May 2013 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Imagine if it was remade though.

Woohooer + fertility treatment used to make a new challenge: eat 100 babies.

Can we somehow serve them at the eating contest table?

A collection of my houses: http://gnomesnewhomes.blogspot.com/

Branch Timbley must die: http://gnomebuilders.blogspot.com/
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th May 2013 at 9:03 PM
Definitely.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU WIN A WEEK'S WORTH OF DELICIOUS BABBY.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th May 2013 at 9:03 PM
I've had a sim have quads . . . three times in a row. Overstuff mods plus Woohooer? NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#19 Old 16th May 2013 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gnomequeen

ps: applefeather2- I laughed for an excessive amount of time at your comment.

Glad to have tickled your funny bone.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
No, there's no OMGWTFBBQ feature in any TS3 mod.

...Yet.

Not quite on the subject of quads, but on the subject of baby/pregnancy modding...

I have a vague memory of you asking if it was possible to change the pregnancy buff so that it doesn't give a +20 mood bonus. I think on another site. I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to do it, though only in a "change the value for every pregnancy" way. It's a pretty simple edit of the buffs XML file, actually. I figured it out looking at this mod in S3PE. But you could easily make pregnancy neutral, or even make it a mood negative (if that is most appropriate for people bringing children into the Scumthorpe world).

Personally, I'd like to put some tuning on the pregnancy buff so that the mood effect depends on age of the mother (if you're going to do teen or elder pregnancy, it should be a horrifying and anxiety-inducing experience for the mother, imo), trait scoring, and ideally the mother's relationship to the father (+ if they're married, neutral if partners/engaged, - if enemies or if she's married to someone else). But that will require significantly more coding, and would require additional learning on my part. If I didn't have two qualifying exams and teaching in front of me this summer, I'd commit to it as summer project, but RL is evil. Still might manage it as an exercise in procrastination...
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 17th May 2013 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arithmancer
Not quite on the subject of quads, but on the subject of baby/pregnancy modding...

I have a vague memory of you asking if it was possible to change the pregnancy buff so that it doesn't give a +20 mood bonus. I think on another site. I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to do it, though only in a "change the value for every pregnancy" way. It's a pretty simple edit of the buffs XML file, actually. I figured it out looking at this mod in S3PE. But you could easily make pregnancy neutral, or even make it a mood negative (if that is most appropriate for people bringing children into the Scumthorpe world).

Personally, I'd like to put some tuning on the pregnancy buff so that the mood effect depends on age of the mother (if you're going to do teen or elder pregnancy, it should be a horrifying and anxiety-inducing experience for the mother, imo), trait scoring, and ideally the mother's relationship to the father (+ if they're married, neutral if partners/engaged, - if enemies or if she's married to someone else). But that will require significantly more coding, and would require additional learning on my part. If I didn't have two qualifying exams and teaching in front of me this summer, I'd commit to it as summer project, but RL is evil. Still might manage it as an exercise in procrastination...

I did, yes. I just felt that the pregnant moodlet always being a positive one A: contradicts things like the Dislikes Children trait, B: wrongly assumes that a pregnancy is inherently positive when it may not be and C: is a weird case of the game undermining itself, since a big part of playing a pregnant sim is supposed to be keeping them happy in order to be able to select the traits when the birth occurs. It's as if the game automatically puts itself on easy mode for them.

I'd ideally have it as neutral for most traits, positive for a sim with Family-Oriented (+20 as it is now, thus giving that trait a unique gameplay advantage) and -20 for a sim with Dislikes Children. Perhaps start with that if you're trying to work out how to make a more complex mod along these lines- it could be a good starting point for something related to this aspect of the game.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th May 2013 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
I did, yes. I just felt that the pregnant moodlet always being a positive one A: contradicts things like the Dislikes Children trait, B: wrongly assumes that a pregnancy is inherently positive when it may not be and C: is a weird case of the game undermining itself, since a big part of playing a pregnant sim is supposed to be keeping them happy in order to be able to select the traits when the birth occurs. It's as if the game automatically puts itself on easy mode for them.

I'd ideally have it as neutral for most traits, positive for a sim with Family-Oriented (+20 as it is now, thus giving that trait a unique gameplay advantage) and -20 for a sim with Dislikes Children. Perhaps start with that if you're trying to work out how to make a more complex mod along these lines- it could be a good starting point for something related to this aspect of the game.

That does make sense as a first step. I figure that if I can manage custom diseases for Vector, I should probably be able to manage it. Eventually. In the meantime, the tuning to neutralize the pregnancy buff is attached. It's very simple--literally changed one number (from 20 to 0). Just don't use it with anything else that edits the buffs XML file.

Re: the game undermining itself, you're right. I'm actually not sure I remember the last time I didn't get to pick both traits for a baby born to one of my households, and my sims make a lot of babies. This despite mods to increase pregnancy nausea (because I am a terrible person like that), which should in theory make it harder.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Buffs150neutralpreg.package.zip (55.2 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indiesine
If you don't want quads, you can go to the Woohooer options and adjust the setting. Woohooer > Try For Baby > Species: Human > Chance of Quadruplets

On the other hand, if you're looking to increase chances of multiples, obviously Fertility Treatment helps, as does watching the Kid Zone channel on TV and listening to children's music.

Okay but what is the beset number to put in if you want quads?
Forum Resident
#24 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisychain2001
Okay but what is the beset number to put in if you want quads?

If you follow the prompt, it'll ask you to input a number within a certain range. I don't know what it is off the top of my head, but putting the maximum # in, giving one or both parents the Fertility Treatment LTR, and watching the Kids channel/listening to Kids music oughta do it.

Godspeed, you crazy bastard.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:54 AM
One of my sims had the fertility treatment, alongside the father. Plus, she listened to kids music and watched the kids channel; the chance of quads was at 0, but she still birthed quads.
Page 1 of 2