Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Gilded Lily: A Steampunk Cottage

by sionelle Posted 9th Jul 2013 at 1:48 PM - Updated 10th Jan 2014 at 12:29 AM by sionelle

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:39 PM
Wow! Such a unique and inspiring design. It's obvious you've put a lot of thought and effort into this lot. Just imagine having to polish all that brass/chrome...
Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:50 PM
Nice Cottage. Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergie_F
Wow! Such a unique and inspiring design.

Thanks! That's definitely a compliment coming from you -- your lots are all unique and inspiring. I really loved your Indian Victorian. Very cool.

Thanks again for the kind comment!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:17 AM
Nicely done. Not a lot of steampunk-related stuff is pulled off tastefully like this.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 7:59 AM
Love the house you've made, sionelle
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 1:06 PM
Love it! Many creative and fun details throughout, from the extra chimney/vents to all the gears and wheels and the "steam-i-fying" of everything else. Love the dome and octagon roof combination as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:30 PM
Wow its great well done and thank you for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:10 PM
Why so many EPs?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 5:53 PM
Thanks! Very hansome house
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 2:12 AM
A simply amazing elegant and wondrous home, a must have for any sim steampunker!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:49 PM
This is fabulous - beautifully done and decorated. Looks amazing in-game! Thank you so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zymish
Nicely done. Not a lot of steampunk-related stuff is pulled off tastefully like this.
Thanks! There's lots of creative steampunky stuff on MTS and elsewhere, but I've definitely seen some that is just way too cluttered and busy for my tastes. I was trying for something more elegant and "tasteful" as you put it, so I'm glad I seemed to have pulled it off.
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Love it! Many creative and fun details throughout, from the extra chimney/vents to all the gears and wheels and the "steam-i-fying" of everything else. Love the dome and octagon roof combination as well.
Thanks! I'm glad you noticed (and liked) the details. I had a lot of fun thinking of different ways to use various items from the game catalogs. I'm especially happy with the roofs on the towers, so I was delighted you mentioned them. I wanted them to look a little different than the usual Victorian roofs, and so I designed them to look a bit like pith helmets.
Quote: Originally posted by ClariceDK
Why so many EPs?
Because I have them, and I like playing with them. Simple as that. If you are looking for houses with fewer EPs, there are lots of them around -- I have built some too. This is not one of those.

To everyone else, as well -- thanks for the comments! So happy you are enjoying the house.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 7:28 PM
Wow! This looks amazing and the details are gorgeous! I'm not a Steampunk fan though I appreciate the concept, but this house screams Victorian era glamour and makes me picture Sky Captain and Polly living here-gonna download and enjoy! Thank you for sharing your creativity!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 5:27 AM
freaking amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. i am green with envy and drooling all over the floor...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:36 AM
You pulled off a look that is both familiar and yet unique. Very beautiful. Just looking at it makes me wonder "who lives there?" and my mind floods with ideas. Love it when setting invokes story. You've done a marvelous job.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 1:43 PM
Incredibly beautiful and yet so playable. One of your finest work yet. keep up the good work!