Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 12:08 PM Last edited by Mera Benzema : 14th Sep 2013 at 6:34 AM.
Default Grand Theft Auto V
Discuss GTA V here.
About the game (From Wikipedia):
Quote:
Grand Theft Auto V is an upcoming open world, action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. The game is set for release on 17 September 2013 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles. It is the first main entry in the Grand Theft Auto series since Grand Theft Auto IV was released in 2008, and is the 15th entry overall. As one of the last titles to release exclusively during the seventh generation of video game consoles, Grand Theft Auto V is highly anticipated.[8]
The game is composed of elements from driving and action-adventure games, and features open world gameplay, in which players can interact with the game world at their leisure. The game is set within the fictional state of San Andreas, which is based on Southern California. Within San Andreas are the fictional city of Los Santos (based on Los Angeles) and an open countryside area. The single-player story is told through three player-controlled protagonists whom the player switches between—Michael, Trevor and Franklin—and the story follows their efforts to plan and execute six large heists to accrue wealth for themselves. An online multiplayer mode is included, allowing up to 16 players to engage in both co-operative and competitive gameplay in a recreation of the single-player setting.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:36 PM
I am. Really, looking forward to online come October 1st. I should be getting the special edition some time Tuesday. Getting thru the weekend is going to suck though. Hopefully, God of War 3 has enough to do to keep me interested for 4 days.

Looks like Rockstar has updated the GTA V Travelogue Hopefully, starting next week they'll start posting more information about online. As long as they don't do something stupid like having you spawn where the majority of people is every time you die like in IV then it should be awesome.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 10:42 PM
I want to get GTA V but might have to "borrow" a friends copy for the next year or something!
I am MOHAAPlayer on XBOX Live and GFWL... please say you are on here

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 3:41 AM
Is this thread about something like "slut shaming" the OP's dude for having the game before the OP, or is where we gush about how much we're looking forward to running over hookers and shooting cops in an Open World again. I'm confused.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 6:25 AM
This is the thread to talk all about GTA V. Whatever you want to say about it, just say it!
I like your prop bbc100.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema
I like your prop bbc100.
Thanks! I think I stole it off my brother but what I do know is that I don't have that file anymore!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 8:27 AM
Wanting this so much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 12:08 PM
Less than 24 hours left to the release!
Alchemist
#9 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 8:16 PM Last edited by kennyinbmore : 17th Sep 2013 at 4:23 PM.
I'm so psyched about picking up my copy tonight I almost can't focus at work today
EDIT: The game is as amazing as the hype. Picked it up last night at midnight and played a couple of missions before going to bed since I had to work today. The first thing that got my attention(besides how gorgeous it is) is they've tightened up vehicle handling. Always my number 1 problem with the the series.
Theorist
#10 Old 18th Sep 2013 at 10:22 PM
I have an Xbox 360, but I'll wait for the PC version. I hope the modders figure out how to get non default replacement cars into it like they did for GTA IV. I gotta have my favorite rides!

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 11:09 AM
I just played the game for the first time and I can say that it is the most gorgeous and wonderful game ever!
I have taken two pictures for you:

Pets! After playing the game for the first time, I said to myself: "Fuck Sims! This is the best life simulation game! " It's huge, gorgeous, varied open world packed with things to see and do. Words cannot describe how I'm impressed by it now.
My only issue with game right now is its driving system which has gotten more arcade if you know what I'm saying. I think kennyinbmore also mentioned this, but I'm not sure what tighten up means! :D
And a bit of advice: Don't play it near your little family members!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 1:56 PM
Fantastic sunset.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#13 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 4:41 PM
Can you actually do any of this in the game?

Kind of made me think of the hyper-realistic sims game some people say they want!
I actually would really like the pet deer.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 6:38 PM
GnatGoSplat: Sorry I cannot open the video file. Could you describe what it is about?
This game rocks! It gets more and more interesting! I would love to post some pics of it but It would spoil the game for you so I don't. Although I may post some breathtaking views of the game.
Instructor
#15 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 2:48 AM
Nope, just look at the graphics, it's not from the game, just made for dem lolz.
Instructor
#16 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 12:17 PM
I have been a GTA aficionado since... well, ever.
I used to have all the games for my Playstation 2 (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS), ah the memories! If you think that now an iPhone runs Vice City better than a PS2, you realize how technology has developed in such a small amount of time.
I don't have my Xbox and TV at the moment (I'm moving in a couple weeks) so I thought I should wait to get this game but I seriously can't wait. IV still amazes me in terms of graphics and physics, so V must be really outstanding.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 12:23 PM
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
"speechless"
There is a new feature in your character's mobile, from which you can take a photo of the view or even self-portrait! But unfortunately, it requires a Gold Membership/PS plus and I don't have one. Story is really great, gameplay is fantastic, hell everything is fantastic! Mark my words: This game will be GOTY.
As IGN said: GTA V sends a message to the rest of the industry: Beat that.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Can you actually do any of this in the game?

Kind of made me think of the hyper-realistic sims game some people say they want!
I actually would really like the pet deer.

Well, you can change your clothes, and hunt the deer. I managed to hit two the other night and flipped my car 6 times afterwards. Apparently, you're not supposed to drive into oncoming traffic on the freeway or oncoming deer. I did not end up raising their fawn though. That would have been cute.

I did notice that Chop the dog can climb ladders for some reason. But he can't seem to get back down. He unfortunately won't dive off the building playing fetch. Yes, I tried. Don't judge me for seeing how dumb the pixel doggy really is.

Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
"speechless"
There is a new feature in your character's mobile, from which you can take a photo of the view or even self-portrait! But unfortunately, it requires a Gold Membership/PS plus and I don't have one. Story is really great, gameplay is fantastic, hell everything is fantastic! Mark my words: This game will be GOTY.
As IGN said: GTA V sends a message to the rest of the industry: Beat that.

I wouldn't worry about the phone feature too much since their server is really overloaded right now and tends to make you lose a lot of really cool pictures. I had Trevor leave a trail of gas to the gas pumps at the gas station last night and tried to take the picture right as it blew only to have it lost because the server was overloaded. Well, shit. Now I need to go cause some more needless destruction for my phone op.

The driving thing is kinda annoying but they went a little too realistic last game and people complained a lot. The whole arcadey feel is a result of that. I'll agree realistically you shouldn't be about to drive a bus down the side of a mountain as well as an off road vehicle nor should you be able to do the same with a high end sports car. But it sure is fun and I really hope they allow us to choose vehicles for custom races online. Down mountain bus driving sounds crazy.

The map is freaking huge too. After all the people complaining it's small it's small it's small. It's not small. I heard people say you can drive around it in 6 minutes it's so small so I thought yeah in a car, do it on a BMX. I did yesterday took 30 minutes to go from the boardwalk all the way back around to the same spot using the highway. That's not including the airport. That'll give your thumb a workout. Hopefully, I'll be able to record it over the weekend when the house is empty.

I think people who had trouble with previous titles can handle this one. I always cheated before, now I don't even see the need. Stuff that I thought was going to be insanely difficult turned out to be really easy.

Flight school was something I hated with a passion in San Andreas and NEVER wanted to see it again. Then it was suggested while preparing for a heist which may or may not require it. So I went and did it and only had problems with two things. Helicopters due to the time limit and the wobble from the wind, and parachuting which was just a matter of them not mentioning how to move your body to make you ascend and descend faster while on the chute. It might be mentioned but who can read text in the corner while hurling towards the ground? Not me. But it wasn't the swear inducing nightmare that it was before. I loved the plane handling which most of that I got gold or silver on. The hardest thing is knifing and upside down which if you remember for knifing hold the bumper opposite of the side you lean to, so knife left, hold RB, knife right, hold lb. And upside down it's just a matter of remembering that the stick is inverted so going up towards the ground is a really bad idea.

Other stuff like the helicopter heist from the military base I thought oh shit this is going to be a case of one dude against the whole base. But I planned smart for it with Trevor got me a fast jeep, got the best armor I could buy, bullet proof tires, body armor. I drove onto the base, ran over a few guards, got to the chopper, got out, shot one guy, got in the chopper and flew off. Easy.

I managed to hijack the convoy for another mission using a golf cart. That's right one idiot in a golf cart managed to take out a military convoy on his own. Of course, Trevor's ability and body armor helped a lot too. I just wanted to use the craziest thing I could find just to see what would happen. Speaking of which has anyone found a lawn mower?

I like the option they give on a lot of missions where you can play it smart and have the mission easier or go nuts and have to fight off half the planet. The checkpoint skip option is good for novice players too. Fail three times and it will give you a choice of skipping to the next checkpoint. I'm not sure how it works though since I refuse to use it.

My biggest gripe and this could just be something I'm missing but only 3 hairstyles for Trevor? No bald option? The guy who is losing most of his hair is the one that doesn't have a bald option.
Alchemist
#19 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThomasRiordan
Other stuff like the helicopter heist from the military base I thought oh shit this is going to be a case of one dude against the whole base. But I planned smart for it with Trevor got me a fast jeep, got the best armor I could buy, bullet proof tires, body armor. I drove onto the base, ran over a few guards, got to the chopper, got out, shot one guy, got in the chopper and flew off. Easy.

I'm going to have to try your method. That mission is kicking my azz lol
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I'm going to have to try your method. That mission is kicking my azz lol

Trevor's special ability helps a lot on reducing the damage too. The closer you get to the chopper and activating that as soon as you get out of the car will help a lot. I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, but that seemed the most sane way to take on a job where you're going to take on a lot of bullets.
Alchemist
#21 Old 21st Sep 2013 at 10:24 AM
I wanna play GTA V on PC!
Alchemist
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I wanna play GTA V on PC!

I'm sure you'll be able too.......By June or July lol
Scholar
#23 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 1:33 AM
So I haven't played this game, but I saw a clip on youtube where the character can get eaten by a shark! That's so awesome!:D
Mad Poster
#24 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 5:28 AM
Okay I just finished the "Daddy's Little Girl" mission so while it's still fresh in my mind, I'd like to point out how much I DESPISE Michael's children. I know they were made to be unlikable but MY GOD are those two annoying. You have no idea how many times I tried to shoot them during that mission and groaned in frustration every time the game let me aim the gun at them but wouldn't let me shoot (Rockstar you fucking tease) Actually...I take that back. I can tolerate his daughter. It's the son I really can't stand. I don't care how hard they're trying to humanize Jimmy by making it seem like he's only a pretentious dick because he has some deep routed daddy issues but that combined with the incidents with the car, the boat, and his dialogue with anyone other than his father, just makes me think of him as an even bigger spoiled brat than the girl. I wouldn't wish kids like those two on anyone, least of all myself, but I'd rather have a daughter like her than a son like Jimmy.

And if those two characters that you're supposed to hate are the only problems I have with this game then Rockstar has really outdone themselves. Bravo!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 7:01 PM
Oh my goodness, I HATE Michael's kids. His wife Amanda isn't much better either.

Michael is definitely my favorite out of the three characters, followed closely by Trevor.

As for the game, it is amazing. I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time. Los Santos is stunning. I was born and raised in Southern California so cruising through the city makes me somewhat homesick. I love how they use real buildings in Los Santos that are in LA, such as the Capitol Records building, the Griffith Park Observatory and the Los Angeles City Hall building.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg

Page 1 of 4