Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 7:42 PM
Trevor is my favorite character!
Honestly, GTA V is the best game in my gaming history. I just don't know what to say.. I love it.. When I play it, I really can't believe that this is actually running on a Xbox 360!
Just two pictures of the countryside:

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 10:35 PM
I went in expecting Franklin to be my favorite character but Michael is just so damn sympathetic. It's like every time he tries to do what he (and sometimes I) think is the right thing to do, it just blows up right in his face. And his missions are the most fun so far. I haven't made it to Trevor yet but from what I could tell from trailers, he'll probably end up being my least favorite of the three :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 2:06 PM
I was jogging on mountains and when I came back to the safehouse to sleep I saw this wonderful view:
Field Researcher
#29 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Okay I just finished the "Daddy's Little Girl" mission so while it's still fresh in my mind, I'd like to point out how much I DESPISE Michael's children. I know they were made to be unlikable but MY GOD are those two annoying. You have no idea how many times I tried to shoot them during that mission and groaned in frustration every time the game let me aim the gun at them but wouldn't let me shoot (Rockstar you fucking tease) Actually...I take that back. I can tolerate his daughter. It's the son I really can't stand. I don't care how hard they're trying to humanize Jimmy by making it seem like he's only a pretentious dick because he has some deep routed daddy issues but that combined with the incidents with the car, the boat, and his dialogue with anyone other than his father, just makes me think of him as an even bigger spoiled brat than the girl. I wouldn't wish kids like those two on anyone, least of all myself, but I'd rather have a daughter like her than a son like Jimmy.

And if those two characters that you're supposed to hate are the only problems I have with this game then Rockstar has really outdone themselves. Bravo!

After the "yoga" mission I took great pleasure in blowing that little dick Jimmy up while he's in the car waiting for a mission to start. I saw on You Tube someone else had the fun idea to drive off when he grabs the car door and drag him. Back up, rinse, repeat. I should try inviting him out and seeing what happens. I wonder if you can do a threesome with any three characters you can hang out with or just the ones you get to control. I see trying to get Amanda, Jimmy and Tracey into a car with dad for a nice drive off... errr... up the mountains.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 3:34 PM
Guys could you please warn before spoiling anything about story? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 3:45 PM
I am waiting for the PC Version. Its worth the wait since I haven't beat GTA IV yet. LOL!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema

I was just about to say that when I read about Thomas blowing up Jimmy. But I don't think that's an actual part of the mission. I'm pretty sure that's just him failing on purpose just to kill that kid.

On a side note,

I just completed Trevor's first mission. And I was right. I don't like him...at all...
Alchemist
#33 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nnediz
I am waiting for the PC Version. Its worth the wait since I haven't beat GTA IV yet. LOL!

Me either, but I just tried to go back to it and I don't really like it that much. I mean it's a great fun game but I am done with it - I got my fill. The videos I've watched of GTA V have me spoiled.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema

That was hardly a spoiler. You don't blow Jimmy up as part of the mission. But you can blow him up and fail it.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 2:44 AM
After Red Dead Redemption I thought cougars were all bad until now. Trevor punches a woman in the back of the head making her do a face plant. Of course, the cops are on their way so I go hide in a bush, but accidentally move revealing my location. So the cops are chasing me thru the woods on foot. I get a good lead and suddenly hear a cougar growl so I keep running trying to escape the evil red dot now chasing me. Find a car, with the cops and cougar hot on my heels. As I jump in the car, the cougar turns and takes down the cop for a clean escape.
Alchemist
#36 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nnediz

Good luck because they haven't announced that a PC version is even being made. Not to mention the PC version of GTA 4 was about 8 months later
Mad Poster
#37 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThomasRiordan
After the "yoga" mission I took great pleasure in blowing that little dick Jimmy up while he's in the car

Oh...my...god....I just completed the yoga mission. It's official. I want Michael's wife and son dead (especially...fucking...Jimmy...). Like in-game dead. Not just "I killed them during the mission and now I gotta start over". The daughter's okay, albeit annoying and bratty, but those other two are the worst kind of people. Jimmy actually reeeeally reminds me of somebody I know.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:43 PM
Holy hell. That third triathlon is a bitch. 28 minutes 24 seconds 313 milliseconds of pressing A over and over again for thankfully a first place victory. I feel like I ran the damn thing myself. I need fluids

Seriously, coming in 1st in that race should be an achievement. Even when you have a sizable lead it's like it gives the AI a pity place and they're right on your ass again. I managed to nudge my way into a second place finish on the bike part of the race and luckily the guy who was in first had run out of stamina and was walking as Franklin went running past him for first place which I managed to maintain for the remainder of the race.

I was gonna try and find the "strap pihsecaps" (read backwards since it's written that way to avoid spoilers) but now I think I need a nap.
#39 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 2:44 PM
Oh God... the screenshots are too beautiful for words... Damn it some screenshots posted here make me craving more to get this game ASAP. Too bad I don't own console games. PC only, so I think I would wait for unpredictable long delay time... -_-

Rumors say it... the PC version would be released late November this year.
http://www.brecorder.com/arts-a-lei...e-november.html

So I heard in GTA V you can make your character can do snorkeling, hunting deer, snowboarding, mountain bike, more activities etc... almost becoming a life simulator, doesn't it? I'm skipping GTA IV for this.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Alchemist
#40 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 6:36 PM
I'll believe those rumors when I see it happen. Tomorrow's Oct 1st and Rockstar themselves haven't announced it. Perhaps they're trying to maximize the console sales. However there's also an industry rumor that it will be released on the next gen consoles in 2014. It seems like a huge undertaking to release it for two consoles and PC in the same time frame. Meaning within months of each other. Of course Rockstar has been silent on the matter , so who knows

Quote:
We haven't even managed to get confirmation of a PC release of Grand Theft Auto 5 yet from developers Rockstar Games, but that hasn't stopped one games industry analyst making next-gen predictions for the franchise. According to analyst Colin Sebastian of Robert W. Baird, Rockstar Games' record-breaking sequel will be released on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014.

In a note to investors, Sebastian stated that a next-gen remake would "help extend the value of the franchise."

http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/09/analyst_predict_1.html
Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 11:26 AM
GTA Online is out in New Zealand, don't know about anywhere else since no one else apart from a person in New Zealand is playing it...

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 8:13 AM
ONLINE Wont Work!

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Field Researcher
#43 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
ONLINE Wont Work!
That sucks!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Alchemist
#44 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
That sucks!

Supposedly they fixed the problem. I haven't tried it yet
Instructor
#45 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvEp11B83wM, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hyyjG841gg might be entertaining for those of you with the game (and even helpful in some bizzare situations - no spoilers though). Can't wait for the day when this is both out for pc and I actually have a computer capable of running it.

@ Riptide: at least Rockstar sent out a clear warning about the imminent server issues beforehand http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...uto-online.html, which was good of them...I guess. I understand how frustrating it would be though. Have you been able to access the character creation at all? From what I've read and seen it looks atrociously bad, but at least there's the option to play as a female .
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 4:01 PM
Well its up at this point, but yes, beforehand I was able to access my crews and character.

The only thing is that if you tried to connect yesterday, and had issues, you may have corrupted your game save files.

Best to back them up in case.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Mera Benzema : 2nd Oct 2013 at 9:00 PM.
There's a crew for Simmers. If you want to join, please mention your username on MTS on feed section there. (My username is MeraBenzema26 there)
The crew's name is: Grand Theft Simmers. Link to it: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com...d_theft_simmers
We could all gather and get in a 4 door car and talk about how terrible Sims 4 is while we are roaming in Blaine County!
Mad Poster
#48 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 12:43 PM
Is this Crew for Xbox's GTA or PS3's?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 3:11 PM
Online is great so far. Been playing since 7am Tuesday with very little issues so far.

The losing money when you die thing kinda sucks. If another player kills you they can collect what money you have on you, but it also docks you for dying. I'm losing $2,000 per death at this point and it even does it in missions and death matches which is stupid. They need to drop it down to a flat rate of $500 or something for dying in free roam and maybe $250 per death in missions. There shouldn't be a charge for dying in races or death matches at all.

I'm glad to see trains are actually in multiplayer although they have provided some glitchy entertainment. I got on the railroad tracks after robbing a convenience store and got stuck behind a slow moving train. No problem cops wouldn't drive across the train bridge anyways. Then I look behind me and another train is behind me. No problem, I'll just get off the bridge once this other train moves far enough for me to do so. It's not like the other train is going to hit this one... That's exactly what happened. The train slams into the back of my car, slamming it into the other train killing me. Wasted: you committed suicide.

Then I'm ridding one thru the mountains after a daring escape from the cops. I have full body armor which must be a glitch since buying it only gives me like a sliver and full health. The train goes into a tunnel and all of a sudden vanishes as it feels like I hit a brick wall. My body armor is gone, half my health is gone and I'm standing there on the tracks wondering what the hell just happened. I walk thru the tunnel a little and suddenly there's a train behind me. So that must be the train spawning point.

I finally saved up enough to afford an apartment last night. Watching people on television is fun. I don't feel so bad about my driving skills after seeing how bad other people are. Although it does make you wonder who is watching you and laughing their ass off. Thankfully, my mic settings are friends only so hopefully no one can hear me as I scream at the cashier as he puts the money in the bag.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Is this Crew for Xbox's GTA or PS3's?

Xbox, I think.

Page 2 of 4