Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 9:54 PM
Default Songs for the premades
I was listening to my mp3 player the other day and suddenly found myself wondering what songs would suit the TS2 premades. Mambo Number 5 is perfect for Don Lothario, Material Girl for Dina Caliente, Mr Brightside for Darren Dreamer, Starman for PT9, Secret Agent Man for John Mole, Romeo and Juliet for uh, Romeo and Juliet, Goodbye Earl for Brandi Broke (but that's probably just me and my hatred of Skip showing)... then I started getting stuck. So, anyone else got any ideas? What song makes you think "yes, that'd be perfect for this sim!"
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 10:10 PM
I'd add Womanizer by Britney Spears for Don Lothario.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 10:53 PM
Sexy And I Know It just popped up on my playlist. I've decide it has Marcel Jocque written all over it. Can't you just imagine him chanting "I work out!" to Sophia?
#4 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 11:59 PM
So these are my choices according to how I view/play them

Oops I Did It Again by Britney Spears- Kaylynn Langerak
Shadow by Ashley Simpson- Lilith Pleasant
Most Girls by Pink- Jessica Peterson
Hey Juliet by LMNT- Romeo Monty
Girl On Tv by LFO- Don Lothario
Take A Bow by Rihanna- Cassandra Goth

and drumroll.......the only song that could EVER define the lovely top favorite of mine Ms. Dina Caliente: Bitch by Meredith Brooks.
Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM Last edited by Original_Sim : 27th Sep 2013 at 4:10 AM.
A few more:

Lilith Pleasant
"Don't Let Me Get Me" by Pink

Lilith and Angela Pleasant
"Girl Next Door" by Saving Jane

Darren Dreamer and Cassandra Goth
"I Will Buy You a New Life" by Everclear
"Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley
"She's Got a Way" by Billy Joel

Dina and Nina Caliente
"Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper

Dina Caliente and Don Lothario
"Girls & Boys" by Good Charlotte

Dina Caliente
"You Can't Afford Me" by Katy Perry

The Broke Family
"Mama Tried" by Merle Haggard
"Crazy Ride" by Michelle Branch

Romeo Monty and Juliet Capp
"Love Story" by Taylor Swift

I just realized how many affairs and deaths Pleasantview has. I guess it makes sense since it's meant to be the soap opera hood. I now have an almost uncontrollable urge to play it even though I have plenty of riveting storylines in my custom hood. Must...not...load....
Instructor
#6 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:35 AM
Darren & Cassandra - "King of Wishful Thinking" by Go West
Don - "Yes I Know (Nobody's Perfect)" by Kiss

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 10:41 AM
Let's see...

*Battle of Mice's "Sleep and Dream" reminds me of Nervous Subject.

* Adele's "Someone Like You" reminds me of my Strangetown's Genesis Lam (so much so that I went "Oh god, Genesis is on the radio!" when I first heard it).

* Weird Al Yankovic's "White & Nerdy" reminds me of Chester Gieke.
(And, on that note, I could see my game's Stella (Terrano) Gieke belting out Katy Perry's "E.T." at the downtown kareoke bar. She's not on her home planet and Chester drives her absolutely wild.)

There's more, but I just got home from work and my brain's not braining right yet

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
#8 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 3:12 PM
Since the only premade hood I've really gotten into is Pleasantview, I'll do that:

Cassandra Goth: Speak Now by Taylor Swift because it's a song about a guy getting married to the wrong girl and stops the wedding just in time
Mary-Sue Pleasant: White Horse by Taylor Swift because no matter how much Daniel hurt her, she still loves him
Angela Pleasant: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen because... I can totally picture her singing this annoying little song and instantly thinking of Dustin
Lilith Pleasant: Complicated by Avril Lavigne because her life sucks. Just kidding, Avril just has a bunch of angry songs that fit Lilith perfectly
Darren Dreamer: Wanted by Hunter Hayes because he knows he can make Cassandra truly happy
Brandi Broke: Thinking of You by Katy Perry because no matter how hard she tries to find someone new, the pain from the loss of Skip is too much to bear
Dustin Broke: I'm Just a Kid by Simple Plan because his problems are too hard for him to deal with and he's only a teenager
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 3:37 PM
Not much on individual songs, but the Curious Boys have everything they can lay hands on by They Might Be Giants.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#10 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Lilith Pleasant: Complicated by Avril Lavigne because her life sucks. Just kidding, Avril just has a bunch of angry songs that fit Lilith perfectly

I'd add "Nobody's Home" and "Take Me Away" for Lilith.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 6:28 PM
If you change "brother" to "sister", Amsterdam by Imagine Dragons is a nice song for the Pleasants. I think the one line that doesn't really fit is "I wouldn't have it any other way", because even optimistic players will change things by repairing their relationships. But all the apologies throughout the song really come off as Pleasant-esque, and there's enough wiggle room for who is apologizing to who.

You Belong With Me or Better Than Revenge, both by Taylor Swift, are good choices for Jules O'Mackey, concerning her jealousy towards Sandra. Even better, it works regardless of what opinions you have about the lyrics and/or Jules!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 7:40 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm going to pop a bunch of these on Grooveshark later and listen to them.
And another one I thought of - You Are A Pirate for Alexandra Teatherton.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:00 PM
I like Don and Nina together. I think they are perfect for each other so I am choosing Mirrors by Justin Timberlake for them and their relationship in my game. I believe it’s a song Don would dedicate to Nina once he finally realizes that she’s the one for him.
Alchemist
#14 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Thanks everyone, I'm going to pop a bunch of these on Grooveshark later and listen to them.
And another one I thought of - You Are A Pirate for Alexandra Teatherton.

Don't forget to add "Labels or Love" by Fergie for the Caliente sisters.
#15 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rogue_55
I like Don and Nina together. I think they are perfect for each other so I am choosing Mirrors by Justin Timberlake for them and their relationship in my game. I believe it’s a song Don would dedicate to Nina once he finally realizes that she’s the one for him.

Hmmm I kinda see that more as a Mortimer/Bella song then anything else.

Hips Don't Lie by Shakira- Nina Caliente
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes- Brandi Broke
Theorist
#16 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 2:24 AM
For General Buzz Grunt: "The Ballad of the Green Berets" by SSgt. Barry Sadler (in public) or "Sweet Adeline" (when nobody's looking).

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 3:29 PM
Buzz should also listen to Johnny Cash, which should include "The Ballad of Ira Hayes" and "A Boy Named Sue."

"Don't Fear the Reaper," by Blue Oyster Cult. For Olive. She requests it on the local radio station every Saturday night.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#18 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 6:11 PM
For all those friendly alien sims out there . . . It's Not Easy Being Green, by the ever popular Kermit the Frog!
Scholar
#19 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 8:40 PM
I've not really thought about it before, but I think Don Lothario should have "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars as his theme tune - although the way Goopy acted in my BACC hood that track would work for him too!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
For all those friendly alien sims out there . . . It's Not Easy Being Green, by the ever popular Kermit the Frog!

Oh, I know I'm a bit off-topic, but here is another "non-human" Sim song .... "Strict Machine" by Goldfrapp for the servos.

And the way those Frat Boys act in my game, thanks to ACR ... "Animal House".

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 12:03 AM
Fun topic! Although I don't know much music from after the early-mid 90's. (Yeah, you don't think so but you'll get old too. :p)

Don Lothorio - I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred

Nina Caliente - The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter by Reba McEntire

Darren Dreamer - Hello by Lionel Richie (I think this is the ultimate Darren song - maybe the Maxoids had this in mind when they created him. )

Cassandra Goth - Enough Is Enough by Donna Summer

Daniel Pleasant - No One Is To Blame by Howard Jones

Mary-Sue Pleasant - You Ain't Woman Enough by Loretta Lynn

All the Strangetown folks - People Are Strange by The Doors

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
#22 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 1:42 PM
Been going over scenarios in my head and this one seems apropos for it. When those who actually do marry Cassandra and Don I imagine DIna/Nina and Kaylynn all singing this to her.

Wasn't Man Enough For Me-Toni Braxton
Inventor
#23 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 1:56 PM
Beautiful, Dirty, Rich By Lady Gaga for the Caliente sisters. Or maybe just Dina.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71

Darren Dreamer - Hello by Lionel Richie (I think this is the ultimate Darren song - maybe the Maxoids had this in mind when they created him. )

That's so perfect for him that I want to go play Darren and that song. Also, you're the only one who's listed more than one song I actually know. I can't identify much past the mid-90's myself.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 10:47 PM
Best Thing I Never Had - Cassandra Goth
Teenage Kicks - Ripp Grunt
I Put A Spell On You - the Cordial sisters
Family Portrait - Pleasant family
Single Ladies - All the Singles ladies (I'm not sorry for that one).
Page 1 of 2