Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#51 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 8:27 PM
In my new hood, things are starting out a bit rough for Brandi.

With no work experience and lack of higher education, she was only able to find a job as a Housekeeper...which is currently only paying 50 Simoleons a day. Using the funds from the sale of the trailer, she managed to move her family into a bigger home (though it's in need of a lot of work).

Unfortunately, she didn't qualify for a loan and is now having trouble keeping up with the cost of home repairs, as well as the daily bills that seem to never end.

Dustin is working after school, but that income is barely enough to help Brandi buy groceries for the family and his grades are also suffering (not getting homework done). With no real chance of going off to university (for various reasons), Dustin is trying to find long-term solution for helping out his mom.

Meanwhile, in my last playing session of their household, Brandi was poised to get a promotion. Here's hoping that happens the next time around. If not, the repo man will surely come calling.

Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Yes, Dustin is her son. There just wasn't anyone else in that 'hood who she trusted enough to be the father of her next child.
She got pregnant while he was the father and that was so strange that I never played that Brandi again.

Wow, I know this is just a game and all, but I was kind of speechless after reading this.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Not only is this a terrible way to type (and against the site rules), but it's a questionable way to play the game. If you moved occupied lots between primary neighborhoods, you've corrupted both Pleasantview and Strangetown. You might want to look over this article:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption

I used the In-game method.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NissanGTRFan
I used the In-game method.

If "In-game method" means moving a lot containing sims into the lot bin and then into another neighbourhood: congrats, you've corrupted both your hoods
Mad Poster
#54 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 10:26 AM
I didn't know there was an 'in-game' method of moving sims from one neighborhood to another, and if there is, I'd bet that definitely would corrupt your game beyond salvaging.

The only way that I personally know of to even remotely do this is by having a 'mega' or 'uber' hood, where all the playables can move between the neighborhoods-they're more or less connected. Here's the link to the "UberHood" :http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=301194

There is no 'safe' way to move occupied lots from one unconnected neighborhood to another, no matter what kind of game you have. It's just too risky to do it.
Site Helper
#55 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:43 PM
Note that that Uberhood link is obsolete. Tarlia's version is the latest and greatest (and safest).
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

I agree. If you moved your sims from Pleasantview to Strangetown "in-game", you've corrupted both neighborhoods. That kind of corruption can't be fixed.

The two safe methods are:
1) Cloning the sims using SimPE, BodyShop and CAS or
2) Installing one neighborhood as a subhood of the other, and then moving your sims out of their houses and into the Family Bin, then from the Family Bin into the other neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:25 PM
To be extra clear, when one bins an occupied lot, damage is done, whether or not it's ever actually moved to a separate neighborhood. It's the act of binning the lot that breaks the 'hood in which it's binned. Moving it then spreads the damage on to the next 'hood, but the first 'hood was already screwed, by that point.
Site Helper
#57 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 7:51 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 4th Oct 2013 at 8:04 PM.
We've gotten so far off-topic. I'm sorry that I started this; I probably should have included a link to a thread discussing hood corruption. How about if we get back on topic, and NissanGTRFan can start a new thread if he wants to understand more about the issue of moving occupied lots?

Brandi is probably my favorite pre-made sim, so I've played her a number of different ways.

Marrying her to Mortimer was probably my biggest mistake, since Mort died fairly quickly and Brandi went into aspiration failure. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but money isn't everything, especially to a family sim.

The longest time that I played her, I married her to a CAS sim and fulfilled her desires to have tons of kids go to college, marry, and have kids. After that, I implemented population control because all of my families were too interrelated.

My favorite game was one where I was determined to have her take control of her life. She started selling paintings that she made in her spare time, convinced Dustin to give up on his life of crime and choose a better path, and then (in spite of my decision to keep her single), feel deeply in love with Darren.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#58 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Simonut : 5th Oct 2013 at 5:07 AM.
Oh yes dear lazy Brandi Broke, The very first thing I did was move her out of that small house, The kids needed their own space and room. Brandi in my game was very "Lazy" laying around doing nothing on the sofa, I made her butt get a "JOB."
And since she love to cook, I gave her a career in Culinary to give her some independent to care for her family, on her own if she do not get married. Later She fell in love with Gilbert Jacquet from Bluewater Village.

Since she now have a better and bigger house and job I move Gilbert in with Brandi ( I did not know his mother Denise was part of the package deal come son come mother lol ) But anyway they all get along well.
Now I am not sure if I will let Brandi marry Gilbert or not ( I have not decided yet he do have a career) Brandi is a Family Sims she want more children. ( Hey you Brandi enough already ! When I started playing her she already had a child in her stomach. )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aliceclaire
If "In-game method" means moving a lot containing sims into the lot bin and then into another neighbourhood: congrats, you've corrupted both your hoods

I'm Just Saying That, My Neighborhoods Don't Seem To be Corrupted, But I'll Keep An Eye Out For Weird Things Happening. Also its Neighborhood Not neighbourhood.
Don't Worry, Just A Typing Mistake, Everyone Has That.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NissanGTRFan
Also its Neighborhood Not neighbourhood.
Don't Worry, Just A Typing Mistake, Everyone Has That.

Depends where you're from. In my country, neighbourhood is the correct spelling, no typo about it.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Depends where you're from. In my country, neighbourhood is the correct spelling, no typo about it.

Oh OK. Sorry, Spell Checker-In-Web-Browser Again.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 5:56 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 5th Oct 2013 at 6:34 PM. Reason: took out a bit where I was confused which thread I was in
(But not everyone types wrong deliberately, as you do. And neighbourhood is the correct spelling in the UK. Sometimes, when you're standing at the bottom of a hole, it's better to put down the shovel.)

Brandi, yes, let's see, what else can I come up with? I think the crucial question to ask yourself is, Do I want Drama, or do I want to turn her life around and give her the Happy Family of her dreams? A secondary question is: Who interests me most - Brandi, or her children?

Either way, I think remodeling the trailer is essential, since much about it doesn't make any sense and some layout things make the place unnecessarily difficult to play in. That pinball machine, for example - why do they have one? And why is it in a bedroom? And the pool is clearly there just to off Skip. So what I would do if I were going to play her would be to either come up with a story reason for those two things, or remodel/move house entirely.

Putting the family into an apartment (especially one with other playable teens and children) would make all kinds of sense if you have that EP, and would also enable Brandi to interact with her neighbors, instead of being isolated in the trailer, and make use of their babysitting services. Although apartments are cheaper up front, they are a persistent money drain (unlike a house, which gives you the full value back when you move; an apartment's rent is money she'll never see again), so that also adds more of a financial pressure than just the bills. And oh, here's an idea - put her into a four-plex with people from the Family bin and let her go husband-hunting among her neighbors. The Brokes in one unit, the Burbs in another, the Travellers and their highly problematical marriage in another, and hot single roommates in a third - say, Julien and Cyd, Cyd and Chester, or maybe the Larsons - would make for a lively setting. If you could stand having the Newsons and/or Ottomai in an apartment setting, you could easily set up a "crowded tenement" situation; I wouldn't want to do that in any of the apartments that ship with the game, but you could build your own.

Heck, why not make them a true trailer trash family in a true trailer park?

I'm getting way too interested in this...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:00 PM
I just had her marry my CAS Timothy Jenkins she lived a happy life until she passed away she had two kids a girl named Brittany and a boy Mickey Jenkins and a little one Stacey Broke but thats a whole nother story.

The world is all how you look at it.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That pinball machine, for example - why do they have one? And why is it in a bedroom?

I always assumed Dustin brought it for himself with his wages.
I love the idea of moving them into a trailer park apartment lot though. There's one in Belladonna Cove, with Jessica Peterson in, so if you have an uberhood, she could move in there too. If not, there may be a copy of it in the lots bin, I'm not sure.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:33 PM
The trailer park is in the lot bin, and you could even fit the Brokes into one, but they're even more cramped than her original trailer and they have a rep for being glitchy. I sure wouldn't want to move the Ottomai or Newsons into one of those units! But it wouldn't be too hard to build your own trailer park. With maybe one doublewide, and a clubhouse, and a dinky pool, and banana trees...pink flamingos everywhere...The Oldies are another good candidate for trailer park life...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#66 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:42 PM Last edited by medieval_simmer : 6th Oct 2013 at 9:45 AM.
My Brandi married Darren Dreamer and they raised the kids together. She has 5 grandchildren already and her youngest child is in college.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 6:44 PM Last edited by ms muggles : 5th Oct 2013 at 6:47 PM. Reason: spell error
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I always assumed Dustin brought it for himself with his wages.
I love the idea of moving them into a trailer park apartment lot though. There's one in Belladonna Cove, with Jessica Peterson in, so if you have an uberhood, she could move in there too. If not, there may be a copy of it in the lots bin, I'm not sure.

yes there is a trailer park lot in the specialty lot bin with the other apartment buildings--so even without an uberhood one can be placed in regular Pleastview. maybe on the edge of town??, I had one in my Pleasantview urban/downtown area once.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 7:12 PM
Haha, I kind of want to move them into one of those trailers now, but I already have plans for both Brandi and genderswapped Brandon. Maybe I'll restart bog-standard Pleasantview and try it there now I know it's in the bin. They're definitely going to need bunk beds.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 7:32 PM
I played her a number of times!
First off, I got Abjheet or Heath Deppiesse visiting my lot and they married and moved out together with their new twins, Amina and Carola.
Whilst Dustin's been at Uni for the past AGES! and Beau is now a teen, with Ivy Copur (the teen one) as a girlfriend and they are both
vampires, I killed off Meadow Thayer and made her a zombie-worker-thing because I <3 the zombie walk.

So basically, the house is in a RIGHT STATE.

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Mad Poster
#70 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 1:48 AM
There are also some pre-made trailer parks if you don't have AL. This one looks fairly basic, yet functional:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=295509

You might have to take a few steps order to keep the Sims in their OWN trailers though; otherwise, you're going to have some rather over-friendly Sims dropping in.

So those of us without AL might be able to join in the fun as well!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 6:09 AM
In my current Broke household the focus is on the family as a whole. There are now four children including Brandi's "alien spawn" daughter who ended up being named Baby Girl Broke owing to my clumsy use of the keyboard! Brandi's cooking and cleaning skill points leant themselves well to a Science Career. Dustin has remained single and works as a lawyer to help support the family. Both younger Broke boys (teens) contribute by holding down part time jobs.

Although Dustin rolled a College want his mother couldnot afford to send him. I won't send the younger siblings to college unless they roll a want to do so.

Baby Girl has just become a child and (according to my story line) there are parents in Pleasantview who do not want thier children spending time with or attending school with an alien child.

I am playing to thier wants as much as possible. Thier current financial goal as a family unit is to be able to buy a larger home in a new town (sub hood).
Mad Poster
#72 Old 8th Oct 2013 at 6:17 AM
Since Brandi generally has a want to fall in love, I have her either use the find-a-mate crystal ball or make a husband for her in CAS and move him in and get their relationship to the point of being able to marry. Whether or not I use the Sim Blender to terminate the pregnancy she starts off with depends on my mood. I usually send Dustin to college fairly soon with Angela Pleasant.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:13 AM
In the past I've had her hook up with Darren Dreamer (as much as I don't like Don Lothario, I think him and Cassandra do well together). I've had her marry Daniel Pleasant after Mary-Sue leaves him. I've considered having her marry Mortimer, just because she's so poor and she seems to have the worst luck (chance cards etc. even with the aspiration perk!). But his time is quite limited when you begin playing him. This time around, I kept her single. Even though she kept rolling the fear of being old and unmarried she just didn't have the time to find someone!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 8:03 PM
I had Dina and Brandi's friendship blossom into love, with the head canon that they'd both married much too early in their teens before they knew themselves. They were young and surrounded by a society where they would never question their sexuality otherwise. Once they were both widows, supporting each other in their grief, they fell in love. Dina hit it off with the boys, and was the only other parent Brandi's daughter Dakota ever knew.

Foolishly, according to Dustin, or out of love they spent the money from Dina's half of her and Nina's house on experimental gene splicing, resulting in their twin boys Reese and Dylan. Teens Dustin and Beau moved into a trailer across the street to avoid all the noisy little ones, only to have Dustin and Angela get pregnant with quads.

Back to Brandi and Dina, they finally saved up enough for a small, but stylish city home near the shops. Brandi was a server. Dina worked show business. Dakota went to college and the twins spent their teen years here, eventually leaving for college as well. Dakota got pregnant at the very end of college with a barista, and has moved home with her son Harley. The house consists of retired elder Brandi, still working show biz elder Dina, adult Dakota, and toddler Harley. The twins visit from college occasionally. Beau and Tosha (Go) and their daughter Taryn also visit. Dustin tends to come alone when visiting rather than with Angela. The quads all just became adults with Colton living with Dustin and Angela, Averie and Buster at college, and Darbie doing distance education from the Pleasant house where she was raised.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 10:20 PM
Well, she was one of the Sims that came to welcome Capitol City's richest businessman to the neighborhood, and they became best friends (unintentionally on my part), I could have had her marry him and forever be rich if the neighborhood wouldn't have became corrupt. The problem is that her son Dustin, according to my story line, is a professional shoplifter and earned his girlfriend Angela some unwanted national attention as the "daughter of football star Daniel Pleasant arrested for felony shoplifting" when the two of them got caught stealing from store chain that the businessman is the founder and CEO of, so I'm not sure how that would work out, considering his company is determined to make an example out of Angela.
Page 3 of 5