Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Russian criminal tattoos

by argos93 Posted 22nd Oct 2013 at 3:04 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:58 PM by argos93

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:01 PM
Thanks! My boyfriend is Russian (Parents from Russia) and he also speaks fluent Russian. I can read a decent amount of Russian as well and I love these tattoos! Having these in game really add to "bad boy tattoo" and it being Russian makes it that much more unique!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 7:49 AM
I was born in Russia but I moved to the USA then to Romania.I can speak Russian but not too well.
Thank you for this amazing tattoo!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 8:16 AM
These tattoos are very nicely done, but I would add the word "vintage" to the description. You will hardly find such designs after 1960s, to be honest. Maybe 2-4 are still used (stars and those on religious topics, especially if used without old-fashioned text), and, probably 1-2 were made in 1980-2000 and would look somewhat natural on adult (like 40yo) sims. At the moment the most popular tattos between criminals are probably stars, rings on their fingers, cathedrals (where the amount of domes equals the amount of prison terms), knifes and roses, religious topics, women, etc.
Also, I would advise to think about removing the tatto in the lowest row, second from the left. Believe me, with the text "jews-shitmocrats*, get out from Russia" (*the mix of two words, shit + democrats) with nazi simbol this tatto is not an anti sistem one. Also, I don't know where you take the info, but nazi simbols in tattos are mostly used by people who live by racist slogan "kill the Jews - save Russia", so maybe you should avoid using such material, but, again, those tattos are for criminal sims, who are supposed to have a rotten mind, so it's up to you.
We studied modern criminal tattos at the law school in St.Petersburg (as they are often necessary to understand the position of the person in the criminal group), so I know this for a fact. Again, your work by itself is very impressive, thank you, and sorry for my English))))
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayray
These tattoos are very nicely done, but I would add the word "vintage" to the description. You will hardly find such designs after 1960s, to be honest. Maybe 2-4 are still used (stars and those on religious topics, especially if used without old-fashioned text), and, probably 1-2 were made in 1980-2000 and would look somewhat natural on adult (like 40yo) sims. At the moment the most popular tattos between criminals are probably stars, rings on their fingers, cathedrals (where the amount of domes equals the amount of prison terms), knifes and roses, religious topics, women, etc.
Also, I would advise to think about removing the tatto in the lowest row, second from the left. Believe me, with the text "jews-shitmocrats*, get out from Russia" (*the mix of two words, shit + democrats) with nazi simbol this tatto is not an anti sistem one. Also, I don't know where you take the info, but nazi simbols in tattos are mostly used by people who live by racist slogan "kill the Jews - save Russia", so maybe you should avoid using such material, but, again, those tattos are for criminal sims, who are supposed to have a rotten mind, so it's up to you.
We studied modern criminal tattos at the law school in St.Petersburg (as they are often necessary to understand the position of the person in the criminal group), so I know this for a fact. Again, your work by itself is very impressive, thank you, and sorry for my English))))

Thank you very much for the information.
I knew they were old criminal tattoos haha, like ones used to tattooed the thieves and so during the first decades during the Soviet Union.
I may consider removing those you indicated and adding others when possible, I guess antisemitism was everywhere at those years...
I may add some of the information you applied if you don't mind.
Thank you and don't worry about your english... I think it's perfect, english it's not my native language anyway
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:35 PM
Where are the download files?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:42 PM Last edited by argos93 : 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by yayadodo
Where are the download files?

An error happenned. I had to change the file and the page have to take a time to update.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TatuajesRusosFull.zip (2.09 MB, 81 downloads)
Description: 24 Russian criminal tattoos
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 10:38 AM
ohh... time for some scary sims!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 9:38 AM
What Skins are you using, if you don't mind me asking?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 11:48 AM
Hi Hi Hi, they look great! I was also wondering how did you get your sims to be naked? Is there a mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss_Ineffable
What Skins are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi!! Sorry not awnsering before!! I didn't realize this comments!! :O!
I use You are Real skin map for body and face (which changes the shape of the body and face adding details like vains in men arms and body and other details to skin to simulate the real skin.

Here is the link:
http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com.es...vision.html?m=1

And for the skin (not the same thing as body details in shape above) I use Navetsea skin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by s3mN
Hi Hi Hi, they look great! I was also wondering how did you get your sims to be naked? Is there a mod?

Yes! There's a mod! I give you the link.
You can download it from the creator's blog there:
http://cmarnyc.blogspot.com.es/2013...-naked.html?m=1
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:15 PM
I love the idea. cool for my "tough as nails" + badass characters. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:40 PM
So awesome. thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2023 at 6:27 PM
That's hot!