Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#26 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 12:05 PM
uh-huh. It doesn't matter to me one whit if they are free or not. I don't have anything from that site in my game, don't want to have anything to do with it at all, and I won't be visiting the site in the future, so they can't make money off of ads from me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 12:07 PM
I have a *few* things for TS2...but I got them off Pescado's site. Mostly the stuff there is crap. But once in a while you get a decent-looking shiny.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#28 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen

Mad Poster
#29 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 12:34 PM
i'm so excited about this.. i can't. but i do feel stupid for liking tsr content.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Surely someone has posted this before me? But I can't spot it. The site has now gone completely free, supported by advertising and if you want to you can pay to not see the ads. Unfortunately the new version is not yet displaying correctly for some people.

Oh - here is Steve Bonham's post http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...ts-suggestions/

Some of the best news all year

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#31 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 12:49 PM

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#32 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 1:04 PM
Turns out, you can chose featured creators, and from there find the good stuff. Omnom, I'll be raiding a bit - they do have some insanely talented creators. Some of my personal favorites are NataliS for clothes/accessories, Cyclonesue for building-stuff and Gosik for makeup...

Don't wait up, I'll be a while.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 1:17 PM
They do have some really nice things over there that are well done, so I'm glad the site is free now. Just went over to check (Win + Firefox): everything fine - site's even loading a whole lot faster now than before. Download links working as well. So - cool, and thanks for letting us know!
Instructor
#34 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 1:29 PM
I had to double-check and make sure it wasn't April 1st, this was something really unexpected to wake up to! I guess it isn't blasphemy for me to say that there are some decent things there, now.
This is a huge step in the right direction, hopefully the few other sites that are still pay (I think there are only one or two left now?) will follow suit. I just hope this doesn't magically get rescinded or anything when TS4 comes out.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Alchemist
#35 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 1:49 PM
Everything seems to show up okay but downloading isn't working right yet, at least not for me (using Firefox). When I klick the download button, it takes a moment and then I get the message "Thank you downloading", even though I didn't get anything. Tried several times. Maybe I'll try again later.

Or maybe that's the joke part.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#36 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 1:56 PM
I was able to download fine about an hour ago. They're probably just having some hiccups sparked by the massive download spree cackling that's lighting up my Tumblr dash.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:09 PM
i'm using chrome and the site seems to have a hard time loading preview images.
One Minute Ninja'd
#38 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:22 PM
FF is slow loading the images as well, but that's because of the increased demand on their servers from the traffic increase. It probably explains the download failures as well. I was able to download a few things when I tested it out about 2 hours ago. Of note, during the 5 second wait for the download to be available, I only saw a place card for where an ad would run, but I never got any ads pop up. Maybe it will take them some time to get the added load balanced. Although if this is some kind of "partnership" with EA, as Inge speculated, I sure hope tsr didn't agree to let EA IT manage their servers, because it'll never work right with those guys running things. "Everything is Free. Open for Business. Oops, sorry, that was embarrassing, come back tomorrow."
dodgy builder
#39 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:25 PM
I'm on Chrome as well. Looking fine now. They actually do have some very great creators, you just have to find them by reference or checking out. That's the same all over, things has to be recommended or tested out. Only thing on mts is the mods do it for you.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:34 PM
Yeah, I've found AMAZING content on TSR (that didn't break my game!) by looking around, figuring out who had long-standing and reputable accounts, the featured creators/uploaders, etc.

I get a lot of makeup, accessories, and lots from there. Hair as well and now I can get more since it's free and TPB isn't always updated.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#41 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:35 PM Last edited by leefish : 24th Oct 2013 at 2:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Only thing on mts is the mods do it for you.

Thank you for your appreciation of our efforts :D

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Space Pony
#42 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 2:56 PM
If this is indeed true, it may very well be good news because I definitely want Cyclonesue's Air conditioning and ventilation pack
dodgy builder
#43 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Thank you for your appreciation of our efforts :D

Oh yes, if we forget about the discussion on translucient staircases
Field Researcher
#44 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 3:51 PM
I'm genuinely shocked. Still digesting the the news
Theorist
#45 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 3:58 PM
It's been a good three days, with a good EP and a big bucket of new free TSR content today. I always shopped there, ain't got time for no moral compass.
Look at this beauty, now free at TSR:

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
One Minute Ninja'd
#46 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
It's been a good three days, with a good EP and a big bucket of new free TSR content today. I always shopped there, ain't got time for no moral compass.

Err, you let your sims be seen around town in that?
Mad Poster
#47 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 4:57 PM
Oh....My...GOD! You have no idea how long I've waited for this!

*Starts epic downloading spree*
Mad Poster
#48 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 5:01 PM
Oh Eskie. I think it's a nice download, Tizerist.

I'm on Chrome and last night got some stuff with no problems. Just a minute ago I downloaded a few hairstyles, now looking at a few items I thought about getting last night. I like the daycare van without the stencils, thank you PhenomII:

Haha, look DOT, no hands (no cash either):

I don't care if they paid me to download this crap, no fucking way. Good attempt?

Simsecrets will be interesting this weekend.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

That sums up my feelings for most of TSR's content, but there are certainly some diamonds in the rough.
Theorist
#50 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 5:13 PM
I've never used TSR content (other than TSR Workshop) and didn't even realize their CC was not free. I just always assumed the best CC was here. Guess I'll need to check it out and see what I've been missing.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 2 of 10