Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 12:08 AM
I think some of you guys need to teach your sims about birth control lol.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 2:39 AM
None :-( I blame that on my micro managing. I hate leaving sims unattended for long. Which is a shame since I installed both ACR and inTeen to make my game more interesting. xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 3:30 AM
I am so glad I started this thread, because 1) I totally forgot ACR had an adjuster, 2) I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who lets things get a touch out of control, and 3) I just realized that I kind of enjoy the surprises and the chaos. Not that I want it all the time...some sims just should not reproduce...but I'm coming the conclusion that it makes things much more interesting.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:46 AM
Wow, I've had ACR for some time and I actually never had any surprise baby, all the mod did was make my sims woohoo a lot in a wrong occasion and that is all. I think it's kinda cool to have surprise baby but it also sounds annoying if it's too much I suppose.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 6:26 AM
You don't have to have ACR to have unexpected pregnancies. If you have InTeen (or Risky Woohoo), you'll still be able to get oops babies.

I don't really see them as 'unwanted', because I want another child in the family, but I'm not sure I want to force them to literally try for one. That way, I'll have a small story as to how the child in question got conceived. Some families, though, are more 'careful'.
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 8:26 AM
I've had a few late in life babies, when I forgot to turn on birth control. Funnily enough, they always happen when the next youngest child is already a teenager, and this pregnancy always results in twins! I like to play according to what the sims want though, rather than micromanaging everything, so I find a way to make it fit in the story. And honestly, I wouldn't want to lose any of them. Unplanned they may be, but the story wouldn't have been the same without them!

My Test of Time neighbourhood: Test of Time
Instructor
#32 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 12:55 PM
I think the difference between ACR and things like Risky Woohoo is that with ACR, sims can autonomously "Try for Baby" which has a much higher probability of pregnancy than just risky woohoo. It's the autonomous TFB and unmarried TFB that gets me (errr...Buck Grunt) every time. And depending on the sim's desired number of children, CMIIW it seems like he (she) will TFB every time until he (she) reaches that number.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 1:39 PM
None. I always hated deciding whether to try for baby or just woohoo. Well, I hate deciding in general actually. So I use ACR on default settings; and voila, no more deciding! I love big families, so no problems there; I always get excited when I hear that lullaby. I'm a little concerned this time around (I've recently started over) because I have BO's Unlimited Sims. I may have to change some settings, but not for a couple of generations anyway. It will take me that long to see the trends.
Scholar
#34 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 12:34 PM
Urgh, loads. Between ACR, InTeen, and Trips&Quads I've had more unplanned babies than I can recall.

One of the most LOL-worthy was when a sim caught one of mine cheating (chance card sent them home), was furious, ACR timer dinged, pregnant through risky woohoo, and ended up ith quads.

Otherwise, I mostly tend to leave the number of kids up to my trio of hacks as well as personality-adjustments for risky chances. I do also balance it out with abortion rolls, so not all unplanned pregnancies result in a birth.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 1:16 PM
Well I managed to get an unplanned pregnancy in my testing hood without ACR lol. Stupid knowledge sims and their telescope obsessions. XD
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 2:08 PM
ACR has given me countless babies that I didn't plan for but I welcome that in my game - it's fun to have to deal with unexpected situations and as several other people have mentioned, it's great for storytelling. Plus I have the InTeenimater mod in my game so there's no guarantee that any pregnancy will make it to the birth because InTeen can and does trigger miscarriages if my Sim's needs get too low (which happens all of the time because I'm always thinking "I'll have Cassandra fix this toilet and THEN she'll eat/go to bed/have fun). Then they have to deal with that! I like a good twist
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:20 PM
I like to control every aspect of my sims lives. I will have the sims have unintended pregnancies, according to them, but there are never unintended by me, mwahaha. xD I don't have ACR I might be too controlling of my sims lives. Of course even if they get surprised by a pregnancy they generally fall in love with the baby and take good care of them so they aren't generally unwanted, just a surprise.

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 8:57 PM Last edited by lilyeverlasting : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:12 PM.
None.

Every main family I have has their risky pregnancy chance set to 25% and I have yet to have an unplanned child from them. Then again, I suppose I haven't had the game, or ACR for longer than a few months, and there was a long time I didn't play it.

EDIT: not long after I posted this, Darren Dreamer and his new wife surprised me. Of course they did. My first ever pregnancy I did not specifically order. Heh.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 2:15 PM
I love 'accident babies'!! I have my ACR odds set rather high, but so far, the only couple that has autonomously gotten pregnant is Cassandra and Darren. She wanted another baby (Dirk is at Uni, and they've got a toddler son together already) and went and tried for it. I never ordered them to so I forgot (naturally) and was shocked the next time I played the house and saw Cass throwing up everywhere! Anyway, I'm thrilled and hoping it's a girl.

I also play clean templates, so I only get new townies when new sims are born, so getting my families to reproduce means more new faces. Dina's just rolled a try for a baby want so I'm going to get her set up with someone pronto!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 9:34 PM
OK, I really do like ACR and the other mod I had that works with it, but recent events are starting to annoy me,

I made a Sim, and tried to make her a stereotypical "good girl" with the desire for two kids. Period. She dated a male user-made, got married, had a nice honeymoon. All the traditional stuff. Had two lovely daughters. I then:

Set the autonomy to off in both mods.
Used a Maxis bed. (There is a bed or two out there that can seduce Sims.)
Set her desire to even think about woo-hoo to as low as possible, and she is attracted only to her spouse. Period. Or at least that's how I've set it.
Set risky pregnancy to almost non-existent and try for baby off.
Set every menu item I could find to make sure she doesn't fool around and uses birth control until she's advanced in her career. So what happens?

She gets pregnant like a bunny rabbit! Every time I hear those chimes, I think, "Oh, not AGAIN!" And she flirts with other guys. If this keeps up, I'm going to make sure she lives by herself with NO visitors; not even her husband. On a locked, walled lot. Don't think I won't do it, young lady I am your creator!

(Probably missed one single item on the menu, I know. Sigh.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 1:16 PM
What is ACR?
Mad Poster
#42 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
What is ACR?
It stands for Autonomous Casual Romance, and it's a mod by TwoJeffs on Simbology. It lets Sims woohoo and Try for Baby without being told to. It has a lot of settings you can change, so it doesn't necessarily turn your 'hood into an enormous orgy. A lot of Simmers here use it, but I'm not one of them, so I'm not the best person to describe it. Hopefully someone who uses it can give you more information, or you can check out the Simbology website.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 3:53 PM
ACR is the only way to get preggers in my game. Every time a sim grows up to adult I roll a dize I got by my computer and set the number of kids they want after that. Sometimes I go O_o but that's my rule so... The lesbian cuple with six kids was a suprise. (I got the same sex mod that lets them have kids the "normal" way.) Now they have a kennel and raise puppies too. All the kids/teens are good for dogwalking
Undead Molten Llama
#44 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 7:04 PM
Yeah, I'm with lucy kemnitzer. The beauty of ACR is that it's infinitely customizable. True, if left at its default settings and if the pixels are left to their own devices, it will result in a fairly high number of babies, because the default settings are pretty liberal that way, with high fertility rates and high percentage chances of trying for baby. But you don't HAVE to leave it at its default settings. Me, when I create a Sim in CAS or when a kid ages to teen, I "decide" all of their ACR settings by rolling a die, and the combination of those settings tends to determine how many, if any, kids they'll have, and it's usually a very reasonable number, only "out of control" on the rare occasions when the die says that that particular pixel will be an out-of-control breeder. And I don't mind when they are. It's a challenge to play them and, to counteract their reproductive tendencies, I also have a number of population control methods in place which produces a much higher death rate than you get in a normal "vanilla" game. Also, I have Inteen, which adds miscarriage to the game. If the household is already huge, large enough that I have difficulty keeping track of everyone and therefore difficulty keeping the preggo's needs up (which happens when I've got about 15 or so pixels in a household already) he/she will tend to miscarry. I never deliberately terminate pregnancies, though.

So, in short, all of the babies in my game are born because of ACR. All of them are unplanned in that sense, but I wouldn't call any of them "unwanted." But I also make heavy use of all of ACR's different settings, which keeps things mostly reasonable. If you have ACR, I strongly recommend checking out and utilizing those settings. It's a bit of work, sure, but if you like the element of random that ACR creates (and I'm sure some people don't, and that's OK), it's well worth the effort so that you aren't overwhelmed by the number of kids ACR will tend to give you at its default settings.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
What is ACR?

Quote: Originally posted by twoJeffs
MAJOR FEATURES:

•Casual Interactions: All romantic bed and hot tub interactions, woohoo in Photo Booths, and a custom built woohoo on sofas, along with some of the regular flirts and kisses are available to sims much earlier in their relationship than standard Maxis interactions. All casual interactions are self-contained and heavily modded copies of the Maxis interactions so you can still use mods that affect the regular Maxis interactions, like Inteenimator with no conflicts.

•Autonomous Casual Interactions: Sims can autonomously choose casual interactions – flirt, kiss or woohoo (including trying for baby) with another sim. Autonomous behavior is controlled through a custom memory token that is included in the mod. Sims without a token will not perform any autonomous casual interactions. See the readme file for details about the tokens.

•More Realistic Jealousy: This is the only part of the mod that is global. It will affect all romantic interactions for sims that have an ACR token. Jealousy is based on aspiration, personality, and relationship level, instead of just relationship as before. Another global no-jealousy mod will conflict. JM Pescado's Romance mod will not conflict however.

•Teen enabled interactions: All ACR interactions are teen enabled. Teen try for baby/risky woohoo is only enabled if you have Inteen installed. This can be disabled however either on a per sim or hood-wide basis using the adjuster.

•Gender Preference Adjustment: Set a single sim's gender preference, randomize a single sim, or randomize the entire neighborhood. Includes safegaurds for not changing any sims who are already in a relationship. You can also set target percentages for the number of straight, gay, and bi sims you would like in the hood.

•Much, much more! See the documentation for full details

For more info on ACR: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?board=38.0
Mad Poster
#46 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 7:33 PM
It pays to read the whole read me for ACR. TwoJeffs gives a lot of information about the settings and what they do in the readme, and the player actually has a lot of control if they read the readme and uses the adjuster to change the settings to what they want. As I mentioned previously, I've only had 1 oops baby and that was because I forgot to set birth control on Albany and Goneril Capp, and I don't terminate pregnancies. ACR birth control is pretty effective when set so that Sims can woohoo as much as they want without getting pregnant.
Instructor
#47 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 8:44 PM
Not so much unwanted babies - as I let my sims decide for themselves how many kids they want with an ideal # of kids formula from Apple Valley plugged into ACR and then letting nature take its course - but I got twins recently. The family they were born in doesn's have the money for a maid or nanny or any help from outside, really, and dad works long days. Mom has her own business, but isn't going into work until the kids go to school because it's just a start-up and not making much money yet. Basically, she doesn't have the energy to do more than keep the babies fed and relatively clean. I'll be lucky if they grow up with aspirations in the green, never mind learning any skills!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 2:22 AM
I just had four college couples go on a vacation. Since their were no double beds in their dorm, the first thing EVERY couple did was go woo hoo in their hotel rooms. On that vacation I had planned on one couple getting engaged, and the other starting a committed relationship. (A "going steady" hack for adults) Suddenly I hear chimes and that darn ACR had the two couples I had planned on breaking up and having them switch partners actively try for baby, and the two who were actually in love and both had Engagement wants got nothing!

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:31 AM Last edited by sarah.h0201 : 24th Jun 2017 at 12:32 AM. Reason: typo
Four. Quads to be exact . I thought the were autonomously woohooing as usual, the thing is they... weren't. But I got rid of that save file months ago due to corruption. *damn you squiggly lines*
Mad Poster
#50 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 12:45 AM
I assume you didn't notice the date of the last post?

Anyways, I've had more than a few unexpected children from ACR. I love it when that happens. twojeff's Triplets & Quads mod also turned the Ottomas twins into the Ottomas quadruplets, so yeah.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 2 of 3