Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

25 Broomstick Skirts

by CatOfEvilGenius Posted 12th Feb 2014 at 5:54 AM - Updated 12th Mar 2014 at 5:52 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 3:32 PM
Well, this brings back memories (in a good way). Wore these many, many years ago. Now my Sims get to enjoy the style as well. Thank you!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 7:04 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 12th Feb 2014 at 9:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Well, this brings back memories (in a good way). Wore these many, many years ago. Now my Sims get to enjoy the style as well. Thank you!
Thanks! Are these considered retro now? Am I getting old??? XD Come to think of it, I haven't seen these worn for some time now, although you can still buy them online.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Theorist
#4 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Thanks! Are these considered retro now? Am I getting old??? XD Come to think of it, I haven't seen these worn for some time now, although you can still buy them online.

Retro, can be a good thing. When I see things that remind me of my younger years (especially when something is trendy again), I just smile, instead of thinking "Wow, where has the time gone?"...or "Am I getting old?"

Let's just say we're getting more...awesome.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 5:39 AM
Yay, more stuff for Sim-me, because I live in long skirts. Thank you! :)
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Yay, more stuff for Sim-me, because I live in long skirts. Thank you!
Sim-you has excellent taste! I still have one of these. I think according to PenelopeT, we are thus all awesome.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 10:36 PM
Love these skirts and they look so good in game. Thankyou once again for all your effort and for sharing with us.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 12:23 AM
Sim-you has excellent taste! I still have one of these. I think according to PenelopeT, we are thus all awesome.

Well, of course we're awesome, dear! What else would we be?

Hey, do you think patterns would look good on these, or would they get all stretchy and weird? Believe it or not, I've sort of got an itch to recolor some clothes, which happens once in a blue moon, and since these fit well into my boho fashion sense, these would be a logical choice. You covered solid colors pretty well, so I'm thinking patterns. If they'd look good. I suppose I could just try it and see what happens.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 5:33 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 15th Feb 2014 at 5:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Well, of course we're awesome, dear! What else would we be?

Hey, do you think patterns would look good on these, or would they get all stretchy and weird? Believe it or not, I've sort of got an itch to recolor some clothes, which happens once in a blue moon, and since these fit well into my boho fashion sense, these would be a logical choice. You covered solid colors pretty well, so I'm thinking patterns. If they'd look good. I suppose I could just try it and see what happens.

Please do! There is some texture squashing at the bottom hem, but overall the mapping is nice. There will be stretching when the sim runs or has a feet wide apart stance.

link to UV map

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 11:56 PM
I've been looking for a skirt for my Simmies like this forever! If you ever do a teen conversion, I would love you forever... well, even more than I do now.
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 2:12 AM
Please do! There is some texture squashing at the bottom hem, but overall the mapping is nice. There will be stretching when the sim runs or has a feet wide apart stance.

link to UV map

I'll give it shot after I'm reunited with my simming computer tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking vertically-oriented patterns would minimize "stretchiness," so I'll see what I can dig up and then I'll open *snarl* Bodyshop.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 2:56 AM
I have recently been playing TS2 more and I have had some of your stuff in my game before but didn't see how much great stuff you have. I am so happy to find your lovely clothing collection. Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 1:49 AM
I will get so much use out of this skirt even in my historical hood. My only complaint is that I'd love some links (if you can remember them) to some compatible shirts. I don't have enough separates at the moment. Thanks so much!!!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
I will get so much use out of this skirt even in my historical hood. My only complaint is that I'd love some links (if you can remember them) to some compatible shirts. I don't have enough separates at the moment. Thanks so much!!!

Sunni, I used to be good about links, but now with a baby I've unfortunately let that slide. However, if you look in Additional Credits, I listed the creators of the shirts shown in the pictures. I plan on making ladies shirts later, 3d tunics and cardigans that will work with these too. HP dress top clips with these, but the GoS tunic mesh works fine with it. All my shirts work fine with it. I might add links later, depends on baby.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:05 AM
We can always use more pretty skirts.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 11:54 PM Last edited by gazania : 28th Mar 2014 at 1:09 AM.
These are ... retro? (Crestfallen because she now feels really old.) I used to wear these often because they were pretty and really comfortable. Oh, well ... my Simmies can flout fashion and wear these to their hearts' content now! These look great in-game.

EDITED because my spelling abilities in the early AM stink!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
These are ... retro? (Crestfallen because she now feels really old.) I used to wear these often because they were pretty and really comfortable. Oh, well ... my Simmies can flaut fashion and wear these to their hearts' content now! These look great in-game.
Thanks. I feel the same, but retro is fashionable, right?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 12:48 PM
Thanks these skirts are beautiful, i downloaded them before and had a problem with my system, lost them and when I downloaded for the second time, only the grey pants appear in my sims closet. If I click on the grey pants the colorful skirt appears, why don't i see the color skirt in the closet? I clicked on the link 'trappings' for a possible mesh but I find that site hard to navigate. Hope someone can explain to me what I am doing wrong. once again the skirts are beautiful and I lust love them.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maplegirl
Thanks these skirts are beautiful, i downloaded them before and had a problem with my system, lost them and when I downloaded for the second time, only the grey pants appear in my sims closet. If I click on the grey pants the colorful skirt appears, why don't i see the color skirt in the closet? I clicked on the link 'trappings' for a possible mesh but I find that site hard to navigate. Hope someone can explain to me what I am doing wrong. once again the skirts are beautiful and I lust love them.

If the skirt shows on your sim, you have both the mesh and the recolors. It sounds like your thumbnail file got corrupted. In CAS, do ctrl-N, then right click on clothing thumbnails to regenerate them. If that doesn't work, delete the thumbnail file, it will get regenerated.

Alchemist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:42 PM
This.Is.The.BEST!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 4:42 AM
Love these, Cat! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:40 AM
Oh my gooood I looooooooooooooooooooove them thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 2:24 AM
I love these Thank you for the mesh and the morphs!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 6:28 PM
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th May 2015 at 2:52 PM
I love these skirts! My Sims have them, now I'm looking to get one for me :P
Page 1 of 2