Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 11:55 AM
GPU model numbers:
ASUS GTX 660: GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
ASUS GTX 660Ti: GTX660-TI-DC2O-2GD5
ASUS GTX 670: GTX670-DC2-4GD5

and hey...surprise! They actually have the ASUS GTX 760! They didn't display it in the front window though. Model number GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 at PHP 30,995

PSUs (I didn't get to get the model numbers of the last-3 PSUs since they were busy at that time and the store had already closed while I was inside):
Silverstone SST-ST5OF-ES 500W: PHP 2,695
Silverstone Strider Gold SST-ST75F-GS 750W: PHP 7,895
Antec VP550P 550W: PHP 2,995
Aerocool Strike-X Power Supply 500W: PHP 2,395
FSP Group Supersonic 700W: PHP 2,995
Thermaltake Litepower Haswell ready 600W: PHP 1,995
Thermaltake Litepower Haswell ready 500W: PHP 1,795

Another thing: the 2 4GB Kingston RAMs are DDR3 and at 1.5V each.

The Random Simming (Mis)Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy Currently on a hiatus.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 1:38 PM
Will you be assembling this computer yourself? Or will you pay them to do it for you? Also do you live in Manila? I'm checking other stores online...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 1:42 PM Last edited by karnzter : 27th Feb 2014 at 1:53 PM.
I'll let the guys at Interpace do the assembling but I'll watch over them during the process. As for the UPS, I forgot the brand name but it costs around PHP 2,900. The keyboard at around PHP 600. DVD drive maybe at PHP 800-plus. Mouse: I'm gonna use the same one I'm using on the laptop since I'm more comfortable with it. Webcam...not sure if I should get one since we rarely get to Skype properly with relatives depending whose Internet connection's stable.

EDIT: I live in Cebu.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, I took a snap of the ASUS monitor that they have and just realized that its not a VX239H but an MX239H. I'll have to re-verify them if the price is the same as the VX239H tomorrow.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Scholar
#29 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 1:54 PM
So here's what we got:

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 - PHP 2,695
CPU: 4th-gen Intel i5 4440: PHP 8,750
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Green: PHP 3,195
SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO: PHP 5,295
RAM: 2x Kingston KVR16N11S8/4: PHP 4,390
GPU: ASUS GTX660-TI-DC2O-2GD5: PHP 15,500
Monitor: 24-inch ASUS VX239H: PHP 8,200 (to be verified)
PSU: Silverstone SST-ST5OF-ES 500W: PHP 2,695
UPS: Unknown Brand: PHP 2,900
Keyboard: Unknown Brand: PHP 600
DVD: Unknown Brand: PHP 800

Case: ?????

How is that looking to you? If it seems too expensive, drop down to a GTX 660.
Scholar
#30 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 1:56 PM
Do computer stores in Phillippines deliver? Your interspace store seems rather expensive. They have better choice, but they're a bit more expensive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
So here's what we got:

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 - PHP 2,695
CPU: 4th-gen Intel i5 4440: PHP 8,750
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Green: PHP 3,195
SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO: PHP 5,295
RAM: 2x Kingston KVR16N11S8/4: PHP 4,390
GPU: ASUS GTX660-TI-DC2O-2GD5: PHP 15,500
Monitor: 24-inch ASUS VX239H: PHP 8,200 (to be verified)
PSU: Silverstone SST-ST5OF-ES 500W: PHP 2,695
UPS: Unknown Brand: PHP 2,900
Keyboard: Unknown Brand: PHP 600
DVD: Unknown Brand: PHP 800

Case: ?????

How is that looking to you? If it seems too expensive, drop down to a GTX 660.

Adding some parts up.

Casing (but I don't know if it'll fit the whole thing in and still have some room): Silverstone RL01: PHP 2,000; model number TBC
Monitor: It's not a VX239H but an MX239H since it has the Bang and Olufsen speakers: price TBV
Keybaord's a Genius but haven't checked the model. So are the other peripherals

Also, is the ASUS motherboard just too much for the GPU or too weak for the other hardware?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 2:15 PM
Do computer stores in Phillippines deliver? Your interspace store seems rather expensive. They have better choice, but they're a bit more expensive.

I'm not sure about the delivery service for computer stores here. Maybe some do but since Interpace is only 5-10 steps away from where I work so they're more accessible location-wise.

Also, in reply to your previous post: so far, its looking great! We just need to finalize the monitor and the other peripherals' prices.

Scholar
#33 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karnzter
Adding some parts up.

Casing (but I don't know if it'll fit the whole thing in and still have some room): Silverstone RL01: PHP 2,000; model number TBC
Monitor: It's not a VX239H but an MX239H since it has the Bang and Olufsen speakers: price TBV
Keybaord's a Genius but haven't checked the model. So are the other peripherals

Also, is the ASUS motherboard just too much for the GPU or too weak for the other hardware?

Neither, It's too expensive for my tastes >_>

EDIT: I don't like the silverstone RL01, are there other options?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 2:22 PM
Neither, It's too expensive for my tastes >_>

EDIT: I don't like the silverstone RL01, are there other options?

There are. Will ask them again tomorrow but that's the case the one of the guys at Interpace suggested me. Also regarding the PSU model number, I think its SST-ST50F-ES, not SST-ST5OF-ES. The Google results only show the 50F. I think its a visual error in my part.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 2:42 PM
Nearly forgot. I had a WiFi adapter quoted as well. Its an Edimax but didn't get the model and it costs PHP 595. Will update this again tomorrow.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 5:50 AM
More updates on a couple of things. Most of them don't have the prices since Charlie (the guy I spoke to most of the time during the inquiries) was on a day off. The guy who took his place today was busy with other customers so I'll have to go back and ask him again.

Casings available:
Silverstone Raven RV03: PHP 6,100
Silverstone Fortress FT03: PHP 8,295
Sunbeamtech Automation: price TBA (they had to check their pricelist)
Thermaltake Urban S21 VP800A: PHP 3,295
Thermaltake Chaser A31 VP300A: PHP 3,795

Disk drive:
ASUS Green DVD Writer DRW-24D3ST
The had the Samsung one but I still have to ask for the model number and the price

UPS:
Intex UPS 600VA
Intex UPS Maestro 600VA
Intex UPS 650 Armour
Intex UPS 1500VA
APC 625VA
Emerson Liebert itON BX
CyberPower Value 1000EI-AS 550W (I'm assuming AS is for Asia since I found one with AU on an Australian computer parts store)

As for monitors, the ASUS MX239H costs PHP 13,995. This is the one with the Bang & Olufsen speakers. The one sans speakers, the original VX239H, actually costs PHP 8,500.

Do we also need an automatic voltage regulator (AVR) and SATA cable? If we need SATA cables I found a 90-degree Silverstone SST-CP08 and a 180-degree Silverstone SST-CP07 in Interpace. Prices are still TBA.

Scholar
#37 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 6:16 AM
The UPS already acts as an AVR. Get either an AVR or a UPS, whichever is cheaper (or neither).

You don't need SATA cables. Your motherboard should come with some, as well as each hard drive and DVD drive. The only one that won't come with any will probably be the SSD.

I'll get back to you later on the case, I'm at work atm.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 6:18 AM
Okay. I'll go ask them again with the prices and the SSD cable when I get back from work-related things at the bank.

Scholar
#39 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 8:41 AM
Even if the ssd doesn't come with one, your motherboard should have more than enough. They are dirt cheap, don't pay for one. Worst comes to worst Just tell interspace just give you one for free, you are buying a few thousand dollar system from them after all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 3:42 AM
I didn't get to check back with Interpace with the prices and for the other peripherals since I got buried neck deep with overtime work. I'll ask them right now. Good thing Charlie's at the store today. I'm thinking of getting a LAN card just in case I decide to get my own Internet connection but its not a definite add-on for now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the casing...

Scholar
#41 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:05 AM
The motherboard already has LAN integrated in it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:10 AM
Oh good. So, just the casing, UPS, keyboard, disc drive, webcam (not sure about this yet), WiFi adapter and I'll ask if the MSI board you suggested has one SSD cable included.

Scholar
#43 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:25 AM
The cable the SSD needs is a SATA cable. The motherboard will come with atleast one for sure.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:49 AM
Here's what I got so far.

WiFi adapter: Edimax EW-7811Un: PHP 595

Keyboard: Genius KB-110: PHP 220 (PS2) or PHP 250 (USB)

UPS: Intex UPS 650 Armour 600VA 450W: PHP 1,395

Thermal grease (because backup): Tuniq TX-4: PHP 550

The only price I still don't have is the freakin' optical disk drive. Charlie left for lunch while I was still in the middle of inquiring. Let's just gives this an estimate of 600-900.

Scholar
#45 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:54 AM
Looks ok. Make sure you see them actually remove the Intel thermal paste and apply your thermal paste during assembly. And when you get home with the new computer, first thing you should do after all your drivers are installed is do a stress test on the CPU and the RAM.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:58 AM
I'll get the PS2 keyboard since I don't want to cram the USB ports. We should go over the final assembly list soon.

By stress test, how exactly do I do that? Haven't heard of that term yet. Also, is the UPS enough despite the Silverstone PSU being 500W?

Scholar
#47 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:28 AM
The UPS should match or exceed the PSU, so switch for a 500W+ version.

Stress test means pushing your system to 100% to test if it fails, overheats or if there is a faulty part. Don't worry about it for now, just remind me once you have the system up and running and Ill explain it more in detail then.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:54 AM Last edited by karnzter : 1st Mar 2014 at 7:11 AM.
The UPS should match or exceed the PSU, so switch for a 500W+ version.

Stress test means pushing your system to 100% to test if it fails, overheats or if there is a faulty part. Don't worry about it for now, just remind me once you have the system up and running and Ill explain it more in detail then.

I'm Googling the ones available on Interpace and the closest one I can get that exceeds Silverstone's Wattage is the CyberPower Value1000EI (1000VA/550W). I'll have to ask them for the price and the disk drive's (and I hope they're not getting annoyed by my redundant presence there 'cause I have a feeling that they already do).

Also, any news with which casing should I get? I'm currently tallying the current total for the build and it costs PHP 57,000 (USD 1,277.14). PHP 365 more and it'll have the same price as the time I got the Lenovo laptop back in 2012 (but its obvious it'll grow more once we get the prices for the casing, UPS and disk drive).

Scholar
#49 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:29 AM
Go with the silverstone rl01. I don't like any of the other cases either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:34 AM
Go with the silverstone rl01. I don't like any of the other cases either.

Okay. So we're gonna go with the RL01. Thanks, man. Though it's so sudden remembering that you didn't like the case initially. Maybe the others are way too big or something.

P.S.: I hope I'm not annoying/boring you and the others here at the MTS forums. And if I am, then I am sincerely sorry.

Page 2 of 5