Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#26 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:03 AM
No problem with helping you - that's what this forum is for.

PG-13 means the site has to be appropriate for kids as young as 13. There are legal and other issues. Nudity must be blurred.

Your previous pictures (which you removed) looked like you had too many bones in the mesh, I think. If you combined the nude top and bottom and used that as a reference for bone assignment you could get too many bones used in the mesh and that kind of distortion. Using one of the EA full body swimsuit meshes as reference would fix it.

I can't tell what's going on in the pics you have up now - it looks very strange! Could you upload the mesh and describe what you did in Toolkit that caused this?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:21 PM
Thank you. I got the first mesh (from which I deleted the pics) in game and it works rly fine (but some of the custom breast sliders and other custom sliders aren't working because they are moving the wrong vertices ahahaa).
I always use the wso file from the black swimsuit like you said it, but I'm totally hepless I'm afraid I don't wanna make all morphs manually. I will send you the OBJ file as pm, because I don't want other people to download and to steal it (I worked extremly hard on it...) I really hope you can help me : o

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#28 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:32 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 28th Apr 2014 at 8:20 PM.
Got it. If there's any way for you to get your modeling program to export with valid normals, that would help that part of it.

I'm getting the same result with the auto-morph function in Toolkit, and am going to need some time to figure out what's going wrong. It seems to be that the faces are getting messed up somehow.

BTW, I think you're going to get better results all around with this mesh if you reduce the polys and vertices. Depending on how TSRW numbers the vertices, you may overlap with the shoe meshes and get morph distortions. Also I see the auto bone assignments aren't smooth, probably because of using a standard EA mesh as reference for a mesh that's MUCH higher poly. This may result in the mesh looking lumpy in animations and morphs.

EDIT: This appears to be a problem in Milkshape, not in Toolkit. I've seen this before: Milkshape has trouble with multiple high-poly meshes. After morphing the WSO mesh becomes five meshes, and seems to be too big for Milkshape.

I was able to import the morphed mesh into TSRW without a problem, but the lumpiness I talked about above is obvious in the morphs.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 9:15 PM
Uahhh. Okay, so what can I do now. Are you sure it's caused by the poly count? Because TSRW is importing the base mesh fine, the first body replacement I made was that high too and I get no problems in game : ' 00 (can be seen on the picture with the yellow background on my blog ) If this is a problem of milkshape (I really hate this silly dumb program, it's so 1990 :'/) what can i do. I need milkshape from sim geoms or either wso files convertion Help.

I ts3 really unable to handle higher poly meshes? Or is it because TSRW/ Milkshape can't?

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#30 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:08 PM
It depends. You may run into vertex numbering problems like I said. I haven't worked with very high poly meshes so I really can't advise you beyond saying IMO you should reduce the poly count and save yourself a lot of headaches. But you certainly can try it in game and see how it looks. And you might try splitting it into top and bottom so each half isn't as big. You might run into more numbering problems that way but it's worth a try.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 10:26 AM
Okay. I gonna try to reduce the polys and I'll try to split the mesh. I thought about the strange morphs again. Is it possible that my new mesh is too different as the ref mesh and that this is the main problem?! :0

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#32 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 11:17 AM
No, the problem was Milkshape. Like I said, the mesh with morphs imported into TSRW okay.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 2:04 PM
Exactly, but in game the morphs look as messy as in Milkshape? : "0

♘ visit my tumblr here
Sockpuppet
#34 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 6:06 PM
Milkshape is limited to max 60000 polygons/faces or watever you want to call it lol.
Some plugins however(like obj and wso) will ignore that limit and import anyway.
The result is in your screenshots

So if you have a base mesh that has 20k poly's and run it through toolkit to add the morphs you can no longer import the outcome in milkshape.
20k x 5 is too much
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#35 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 6:46 PM
Thanks, Bloom, I know this happens in Milkshape but not what the limit actually is.

As for in-game, what is it doing? If it's the same as in Milkshape, did you export the WSO from Milkshape before importing into the game? If it's got spiky distortions that change when you use the fat/fit/thin sliders, you've got vertex numbering problems probably caused by the mesh having too many vertices. If it's generally lumpy that's probably caused by auto generating bones and morphs from a much lower poly mesh.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 7:12 PM Last edited by trap lorde : 29th Apr 2014 at 10:54 PM.
Okay, but the poly count can't be the reason. I broke the two not working meshes I made down to around 15 000 Polys. And I still get the same issue. Ahh, help. I export to wso in milkshape because I hate all these little sim geom files.. :''o

And I'm still getting this :'(

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#37 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:08 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 30th Apr 2014 at 2:43 PM.
Do the distortions change when you use the fat/fit/thin sliders, and disappear when you have her at 'normal' - right in-between fat and thin and 0 fit? If so, that's a morph explosion. In the sims 3 tops and bodies start vertex ID numbers at 5000, bottoms at 15000, hair at 20000, shoes at 30000. A whole body has only 15000 vertex ID numbers to use, and separately a top has 10000 and a bottom has 5000. (In practice you may have a little more since hairs start with lod0 instead of lod1, but you should try hard not to go over an ID of 20000.) Verts in the same location can have the same ID number but I don't know how efficiently TSRW numbers meshes. Plus there's a limit to how many verts the game will morph correctly in one mesh - I forget exactly what it is.

You need to get the range of vertex IDs from the WSO - your original model point count may be before seams are split. You can use Toolkit TSRW tools to examine the mesh and get a vertex count. Most likely you still have too many vertices, and the numbering overlaps with other parts like hair, which distorts the morphs.

Edit: I've added display of the range of vertex ID numbers to the Examine WSO function in Toolkit. Attached is an updated Toolkit with this function. (There's lots of other changes, some of which don't work right yet.)

To see exactly what TSRW is doing with the vertex IDs, import your mesh into TSRW, export it again, and use the attached Toolkit to examine it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MeshToolKit_1_4_6_0.zip (270.5 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 9:05 PM
Wow, you updated your toolkit I'm speechless. I gonna examine the IDs when I'm back home, thank you all again being so patient with me. Wow.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Sockpuppet
#39 Old 1st May 2014 at 12:34 AM
I think you exceeded the max joints used for the mesh(max 60)
Check the bones/joints used for your meshgroup in tsrw's meshtab.
With more then 60 you need to splitup the group
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:52 PM
I couldn't open the new mesh toolkit ahh : ' (( I'm getting this error: ( WindowsFormsApplication1 isn't working anymore )

And I looked up the joints, they are exactly 59 :0 I'm so done tirh milkshape and everything right now. Why is one forced the work with old and bad programs like milkshape. WHY? I've no idea what to do now...

♘ visit my tumblr here
Sockpuppet
#41 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:46 PM
i have a 60k plus bodyshape ingame that is made with milkshape, dont blame the program lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 2nd May 2014 at 6:08 PM
And how does it looks like? I'm rly curious :P

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#43 Old 2nd May 2014 at 7:15 PM
Did you extract all the files in the Toolkit download into a new folder? You can't just replace MeshToolKit.exe.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:50 AM
Yea, I did but I still get an error. :'(( I'm done with everything again. Since milkshit is too dumb to import and export higher poly meshes I tried to make simple and easy cloth meshes. I made a little dumb skirt. I looks pretty okay and I wanted to bring it in game, but I'm always getting the same issues with my cloth meshes. The generated morphs look horrible. No matter what I do...

Orginal cloth I made. But milkshit hasn't imported it, this f****** program :'(

The skirt in milkshit:

No bones, no morphes:

Assigned bones and generated morphs with WSO files:

Assigned bone with GEOMS, no morphs:

??? WTF?

♘ visit my tumblr here
Sockpuppet
#45 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:33 PM
It is very ez to avoid the max limit of polygons in Milkshape, use a outfit that has 2 groups.
You most likly need to use it anyway with fullbodyoutfits because of the max limit of joints you can use per group.
If your going to use such high polygon meshes you will end up in a diffrent vertex ID range at one point.
Make em as fullbody with 2 groups.

For the record....your problem has nothing to do with Milkshape.......
The high polygon shape we tested with, Jessi from Poser 7:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=481950
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 5:36 PM Last edited by trap lorde : 3rd Jun 2014 at 8:37 PM.
Okay, so for full outfits I'll try this out ofc. But why do i get these issues even with bottom clothes like the skirt I mean I don't want to make a fullbody outfit of every mesh I make?! Like I made this random clothing mesh a while ago: This is a quick render in C4D

And let see what it looks like in TSRW with bones and morphes... Total shit. Maybe the WSO export is buggy, I don't know or a different vertex ID range as you said. But I can't make groups ouf ot this mesh. It's one piece...

I don't know what to do with all my cloth meshes. I invest a lot of time to create them and then ts3 shits on it Sometimes I feel like modding ts3 is hopeless... Btw BloomsBase I always get the impression that you don't like me. I know this is a personal question sry but I really need to ask. It's like I think you are annoyed with me or something

♘ visit my tumblr here
Sockpuppet
#47 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 1:34 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 5th Jun 2014 at 1:07 AM.
lol, has nothing do to wether i like you or not.
Cmar already explained wat the problem could be(a month ago) and so did i.
Quote:
In the sims 3 tops and bodies start vertex ID numbers at 5000, bottoms at 15000, hair at 20000, shoes at 30000. A whole body has only 15000 vertex ID numbers to use, and separately a top has 10000 and a bottom has 5000. (In practice you may have a little more since hairs start with lod0 instead of lod1, but you should try hard not to go over an ID of 20000.) Verts in the same location can have the same ID number but I don't know how efficiently TSRW numbers meshes. Plus there's a limit to how many verts the game will morph correctly in one mesh - I forget exactly what it is.

So your mesh has so many vertice that the vertID's end up in a range used by other category's(hair/tops etc)
That is why you have these distortions.

The solution is to use either 2 groups were you renumber each group seperate or use a vertID range way beyond the existing ones(like 80000+)
Both you can do with Wes H his vertexID autonum tool.(think its part of his GEOM plugin.)
If you are using TSRW you need to click no on the quistion wether you want tsrw to update/optimize the vertID's on import.
You can click yes on the boundingbox quistion.

edit,
if there is any dislike then its because you claim to create clothing while the meshes i have seen sofar are not from your hand.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#48 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 4:47 AM
Bloom has summed it up very nicely. Sims 3 is a low poly game. If you insist on using very high poly meshes you're going to have these problems, and it has nothing to do with Milkshape. You need to either use lower poly meshes or take the time to really understand how the mesh numbering and morphing works and what your options are to get around the limitations.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 11:35 AM
Okay, so the prob is the high poly count, it exceeded the vertex ID range (I don't know what this is). No I finally got it ;P

Quote:
if there is any dislike then its because you claim to create clothing while the meshes i have seen sofar are not from your hand.

I count this sentence to your lack of knowledge. I made every single mesh in this thread, I'm not a liar or dumb converter. I make my own meshes, get over it. I thought you'd be familiar with cloth meshing since your work with poser like me ehehee. Never heard of cloth simulation in C4D, MD3 and postwork in ZBrush? Why do you have no respect for creators who work one's butt off the get better and better?

After 5 clicks and 3 mins later when have a simple simulated cloth mesh.

Woahh sience lol. Welcome to the world of cloth simulation.

Please be so nice to take your untendable statement back. Thank you.

But again thank y'all for helping me. I really appreaciate it, I'll try to decimate my meshes and hope the morphs will look better

♘ visit my tumblr here
Sockpuppet
#50 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 1:36 AM
lol, there is nothing i need to get over.
I mesh from scratch without the use of nifty proggy's and i am very proud of it.
Good luck with your future project.
Page 2 of 3