Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Simonut : 1st Mar 2014 at 6:01 PM.
Default Telephone Invite
So my Sims decided why not give this Sims a call, maybe we can be friends. The world of Sims can be comical at time, and yes the Sims can out right lie to another Sim when they do "Not" want to be bother by another Sim.
Whether he or she accepts an invite depend on a rather complex set of issues, but it really boils down to the daily and lifetime relationships between the Sims. And please never let a Sim call in the middle of the night, they might get curse out.

Here is my list of words or just say words like a slap in the face the Sims will dish out, from a telephone call invite:
1. I can't I am in the middle of making a Baked Alaska.
2. My psychic have forbid me to leave the house today.

This remark I find so funny especially if a child or teen answer the phone:
3. He or she is at work, working unlike some people I know. Wow those Sims words is like a slap in the face. All my Sims can do after that remark is hang the phone up and maybe go chat on line.

With the many different expansions eps added on to the basic game some expressions of words we may get or not get from a telephone invite feel free to share your.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:33 PM
Don't forget "I am waiting for the... ...phone repairman". Not only can the phone not break, but the Sim is using the phone in order to give the fake excuse!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:45 PM
I replaced the unpleasant in-game messages with a mod. I didn't like how people who could be best friends would be that rude to each other.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:49 PM
" ... If my wanting to see you was on a scale of 1 to 10... " , sorry forgot how the rest of that went.
Also like the answer my sim gets when calling too late. Something like "... What are you doing calling at this hour ? I'm trying to get some sleep !!! " Or the other message... " Phone harassment is bad , m'kay ?" :D

After downloading the Simblender... I discovered that you can raise the friendship level with a sim who doesn't like you by clicking on them in the relationships tab --- while talking to them on the phone.

" Inama Nushif "
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I replaced the unpleasant in-game messages with a mod. I didn't like how people who could be best friends would be that rude to each other.

@ > gummiutt > That cool that you stop the unpleasant message with a mod in your game, but sometime even our best friends have their moments of being rude. ( sometime doing so even without knowing that they being are rude )

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:56 PM
They don't give unpleasant messages to their best friends, just to sims who they have a low relationship with. I think they are funny! And this is coming from a person who is very polite.

The simblender works because when your sim calls another sim, that sim is on the lot invisibly. Which is why you shouldn't save and exit if your sim is on the phone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:58 PM
I never actually understood "Sim's at work, unlike someone I know." message. Is the Sim reffering to the caller being a lazyass, or is there something else?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they are inferring.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They don't give unpleasant messages to their best friends, just to sims who they have a low relationship with.

They do if you are calling for someone else in the household. I know they aren't rude if you call the friend and invite them over, it just seems out of place that they'd reply that way when you call someone else

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ > gummiutt > That cool that you stop the unpleasant message with a mod in your game, but sometime even our best friends have their moments of being rude. ( sometime doing so even without knowing that they being are rude )

I hear you xD I texted my mother earlier saying I think I rocked my exam, and I got "Really?? Now I'm impressed. I had you pinned down for failing, since it was such a difficult one".

Thanks mom, that's great
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 12:21 AM
Sims are very literal beings, if you phone them- you phone them. It would be nice if they had given us an option to ring up sim A and ask for sim B, but that only works when they call the house you are playing.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 8:43 AM
I never liked much the "being at work unlike someone else" message. Hey, my Simmie may have a day off. Or be calling at 9 PM, and hey, he's long back from work!
But to be honest I think all the other ones are quite funny, I love the one about phone repairmen the most!

Anyway, not long ago I started using a mod which changes them. Here at MTs.
But only because when the other Sims is at work it says "he'll be back at 16:00" so I know when I can phone again. I find it really handy -and realistic!
Theorist
#12 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they are inferring.
Oh. I guess I never found that one funny. But the other messages really made me crack up, especially the phone repairman one.
Scholar
#13 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 11:51 AM
I like the rude messages! They're funny. I think if you phone after 2am, one of them goes "It's not cool to ring in the middle of the night unless my house is on fire" or something like that. And if you ring for a child/teen during school hours, you get a sarcastic message like "_______ is at school......studying!" or something. I can't remember the exact words. I tend to get rude messages a lot, because I never check the time before ringing someone.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
I never actually understood "Sim's at work, unlike someone I know." message. Is the Sim reffering to the caller being a lazyass, or is there something else?

In my Dutch game it's translated as: "Sim is working, you should try doing that yourself too!"
BAM! All subtlety is gone there!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Don't forget "I am waiting for the... ...phone repairman". Not only can the phone not break, but the Sim is using the phone in order to give the fake excuse!

In the base game, this was correct. Theoretically, however, the introduction of cell phones in uni makes the comical value of the message obsolete because it would be possible for a Sim to answer from their cell phone but be waiting for the CenturyLink/Verizon/AT&T tech to come and fix the home phone (if the phones could actually break).
Scholar
#16 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
In the base game, this was correct. Theoretically, however, the introduction of cell phones in uni makes the comical value of the message obsolete because it would be possible for a Sim to answer from their cell phone but be waiting for the CenturyLink/Verizon/AT&T tech to come and fix the home phone (if the phones could actually break).

Theoretically possible, and indeed valid for those Sims who live in households where at least one Sim has a mobile (or they could be answering from their landline while their friendly mobile gadget engineer is getting the water out of the mobile the Sim dropped in the toilet/bath/pool/hot tub/cowplant last night).

Less valid when it's a Sim who couldn't plausibly have access to one, and doubly less valid when it's a technophobic household that's being rung (not that Sims 2 knows which households have been designated technophobic, but still...)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
" ... If my wanting to see you was on a scale of 1 to 10... " , sorry forgot how the rest of that went.

"If my wanting to see you was on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd still say no!"
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 9:55 PM
I have BO's Phone Make-over mod, and it includes Cyjon's Nicer Messages mod in it. I kinda miss those hilarious excuses Sims make over the phone, but I do find it useful when I'm told what time I can call back, instead of guessing and calling every hour (especially if the Sim being called is a townie). The Sims 1 had some nice rejection messages though, I think some of them made it over to The Sims 2.
Scholar
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 3:20 PM
"Count me out."
"I will definitely be coming but other members of the household may not be coming with me."
"Sure! Let me gussy up then I'll be right over!"
"I'd rather play MYSHUNO with a pack of llamas."
"If my wanting to see you was on a scale of 1-10, I'd still say no."
"I'm baking a Baked Alaska right now. I can't tear myself away."
"I'm waiting for the....phone repairman."
"My psychic advisor forbid me to leave the house today. I'm afraid I must comply."
"Calling in the middle of the night is not cool, except to tell me my house is on fire."
"It's always a pleasure to see you. I'll be right over"
"We'll be over soon"
" *Gabryjel* is at work. Unlike someone I know. Call back later."
Scholar
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 5:47 PM
Ah, the phone messages

"I don't have anything better to do, so I guess I'll come over"
Well, damn, why don't you just say, "you're the most boring person i know?"

"He/she is working/at school LEARNING, unlike some people I know"
Okay, so it's my fault today is my off-day or that I missed the bus? It's especially funny when a kid is the one that says that; you don't even work!

"I can't, I'm waiting for the phone repairman"
Then how are you on the phone?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 6:02 PM
The friend who got me into Sims1 used to accept invitations with: "I'll brush my teeth and be right over," which is one I don't believe made it to the new game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The friend who got me into Sims1 used to accept invitations with: "I'll brush my teeth and be right over," which is one I don't believe made it to the new game.

The Sims 2 version is, I believe, "I'll just gussy up and be right over", which is a bit vaguer.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
The Sims 2 version is, I believe, "I'll just gussy up and be right over", which is a bit vaguer.

Probably because brushing teeth existed in The Sims 1, but wasn't reintroduced in The Sims 2 until Apartment Life.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

@ > Peni Griffin > To bad that did not make it into the Sims 2 game, that would have been perfect for the Neat Sims and Romance Sims to say. Or Even Mr. Big and the Diva since they are so vain. ( thanks for sharing that )
There is another one when you call the Sims that is an insult ( Not sure of the for sure words ) but I think it go something like this " I rather play with my llama."

Theorist
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 9:49 PM
"I'd rather play Myshuno with a pack of llamas."
Page 1 of 2