Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 10:59 PM Last edited by omglo : 4th Mar 2014 at 12:48 AM.
I don't have an opinion on any of the poses except one. I don't like the one where the toddlers are on their knees with their fists balled up. They look like gophers.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I kind of wish that the game saved every new picture--you know, so you could have a kind of automatic chronicle of your family. A new picture when someone was born or grew up or was adopted. Some of them are very cute.

Just use the "print screen" button to take a screenshot with the pose on your screen, exit the game, and paste the screenshot into Paint. Abra Abra Cadabra! There's your saved picture.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
Just use the "print screen" button to take a screenshot with the pose on your screen, exit the game, and paste the screenshot into Paint. Abra Abra Cadabra! There's your saved picture.

Which does not work.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 4:35 AM
Sometimes they amuse me, such as when one of my couples had twins sometime after their first born. The teen looks somewhat disgruntled holding the twins all by himself while his parents up front are all smiles and hands holding each other close or the single parent with their lone baby has that "Snap, what the heck do I do now?" look.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Which does not work.

It only works if you're in windowed mode.
Scholar
#31 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Which is not the default mode.
I only use it when I run AGS to build something. I've heard some people find it as good or even better to play, so whoever has not done so could at least give it a try
Unlukily I did not really like it to play, so I stick to the default settings.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Which is not the default mode.
I only use it when I run AGS to build something. I've heard some people find it as good or even better to play, so whoever has not done so could at least give it a try
Unlukily I did not really like it to play, so I stick to the default settings.

I know it isn't the default mode, but I had to learn it when I wanted to take screenshots too. It is a little annoying as you can't edge scroll, but you don't miss it if someone messages you while you're playing, so it's a toss up.
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 11:38 AM Last edited by DJ. : 4th Mar 2014 at 1:30 PM. Reason: corrected the path to the file
You could also right click on the game's shortcut and under compatibility check the Disable desktop composition. I believe you'll be able to take screenshots using the PrintScrn technique running fullscreen then.

There's also a lower quality variant - load the Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\Nxxx\Thumbnails\Nxxx_FamilyThumbnails.package in SimPE. In that file are the actual images the game uses at the loading screens. They have a black background (and game categorizes everything black in thumbnails as transparent).

Come to think of it, I think I've just answered my previous question! It's easy to replace this picture, the trick is to fit it in the "box/frame" at the loading screen.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

It has worked for me without the game being in windowed mode. Of course, I don't think I exited the game, but rather hit the Windows key to access Paint with the game still running.
Scholar
#35 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
There's also a lower quality variant - load the Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\Nxxx\Thumbnails\Nxxx_FamilyThumbnails.package in SimPE. In that file are the actual images the game uses at the loading screens. They have a black background (and game categorizes everything black in thumbnails as transparent).

THIS is really helpful!
I always thought those pics would be thumnail quality and never bothered to open them. But they are snapshot quality, which is good enough for my purpose (blogging about my Sims stories).

Thank you!
Page 2 of 2