Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:44 AM
I'd say my clutter level is average. I do place all sorts of accessories on their desks, dressers, bathroom and kitchen counters, coffee tables etc., but only as much as the original slots allow. I generally have no more than one OMSP in my homes.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 9:58 AM
I don't clutter much,
I think clutter looks cool in pictures, but despite taking a lot of pictures for my story I must admit they are all of events in my Sims lives, not of the house itself, so I don't care much of what's in the background.

I must admit most of the items my Sims own are bought because they rolled a wish or because they needed them.
Only in some specific cases (in which the Sim story has some influence over the house decoration) I would go buying related items for my Sims.
So generally there are not too many items.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 10:28 AM
I thought this thread was referring to my Downloads folder. XD Okay ... nothing to see here lol.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I find it interesting that several posters say they clutter when they don't play, but don't with houses they'd use. For me, it's the other way around. I'd never clutter a house I'm intending to upload, and I don't clutter houses of Sims I'm only using as backup characters to my main stories, but any house that I actually play must have at least the basic things. The more frequently it gets played, the more clutter there will be.

@Mr_Valentine: Your profile doesn't list AL, and without AL, OMSPs are tricky and A LOT more annoying. I barely used them before, because you never have one the right size. But with the height-adjustment of AL there is a wonderful set that will work on any surface anywhere, and all you need are three omsps.

My downloads folder is probably very sad, but I do limit myself to clutter I actually use, so I tell myself it's okay, haha.

Oh right, that explains it. Thanks.
Perhaps eventually getting apartment life is the way to go. Although it is hard to find anywhere nowadays.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#30 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
Oh right, that explains it. Thanks.
Perhaps eventually getting apartment life is the way to go. Although it is hard to find anywhere nowadays.
Have you tried Amazon or Ebay?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Forum Resident
#31 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
Have you tried Amazon or Ebay?

Amazon has it priced quite high - I presume due to it not being in production anymore. I might have to use the marketplace when I get a bit of money - I just replaced some old Sims 1 copies.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#32 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:53 PM
I would try ebay, I've just looked on ebay UK and they have several ranging from very cheap to quite expensive.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Forum Resident
#33 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
I would try ebay, I've just looked on ebay UK and they have several ranging from very cheap to quite expensive.

Okay, thanks. I'll check it out.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#34 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 9:23 PM
Oh I just can't deal with Clutter in real life if I walk into a store that have clothes throw all over the place ( because of a sale or other wise ) I waste no time walking out, I can not function without some kind of order.
It just drive me crazy mad being around too much Clutter. So No and no my Sims do live well in their homes but please no "Clutter" I do have a few maybe perfume bottle or bath items but they are well place in the Sims home.

I think the "Grilled Cheese" Sims may have a very Clutter house since all they think about is making grilled cheese, and never have time to clean their mess up.
Maybe their kitchen is clutter free since they need that area and space to make grilled cheese 24 /7 or maybe not, they could have bread and cheese and pots and pans all over the place plain clutter mess.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 10:20 PM
I don't know if you can get this where you live, but half.com yielded many of the best buys for me.

Also, never underestimate thrift stores. I recently saw the Base Game, Nightlife, OFB, Pets and H&M in one .... for less than $25. Combined, not each!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 10:52 PM
It is very rare that I have any kind of clutter in a home unless it is something of importance to a particular sim. For instance, I had one sim once who was a pleasure/romance sim and had a large collection on Dream Date bouquets. He had a wall full of shelves to show off his collection. Then there are my witch sims who are a very rare occurrence in and of themselves. They will usually have shelves with one of each of the reagents just because I think it looks cool. Otherwise, I usually have no other kind of clutter unless that particular area of the house will be in a picture I plan on sharing on the picture thread here, and then I might add a flower here or a picture there.

I have been trying to add more clutter into my homes though, not enough to be messy but just enough to make the place look lived in. Usually though, I forget to do this so my homes just have the necessities or things that my sims can actually use....I guess I am just going to have to try harder.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roseblossom90
I have been trying to add more clutter into my homes though, not enough to be messy but just enough to make the place look lived in. Usually though, I forget to do this so my homes just have the necessities or things that my sims can actually use....I guess I am just going to have to try harder.

Well this is my thing..I'd like clutter that my sims could actually use. If it is only deco, it seems useless to me. Like all of these wonderful grocery deco items. While they look great in a grocery store...they aren't useful. Sims would buy them...but do nothing with it. lol
I guess, this is how I see this.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 1:15 AM
They can play make belief, and pretend that the cereal they are eating came from the box above the refrigerator, and didn't appear out of thin air. A kitchen just doesn't look right to me without some groceries in it, so most of mine have a storage somewhere with shelves where they keep groceries.

I get that some prefer useful items, but I like the realism
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 7:54 PM
Default Wcif the clutter
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Just wondering how many of you obsessively clutter everything in your Sims homes. I like my Sims houses to look like someone lives in them, so a desk can't just have a computer on it, it needs pens and whatever may fit that sim. A bathroom must have toothbrushes, toilet paper, make up, soap. The kitchen dish detergent, plates, pots, groceries. And so on and so on.

OSMPs are all over the place, and I can spend forever cluttering up a house to make it look more like you'd expect a house to look in real life. How far do you go with your cluttering? Not at all? Some? Crazy bananza?

Examples below

Where did you get all the clutter custom content from?
Link Ninja
#40 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 8:22 PM
@suzanne70, you might try posting the pic of clutter you want in the WCIF forum; this thread is from two years ago. You could also message @gummilutt, the OP for any answers.

Personally, I don't think threadcromancy is that bad, especially if the subject is still relevant but as a general rule on the site is to not bump threads this old.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#41 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 9:50 PM
I don't really do clutter; I'll insert a few objects to personalize the room, but that's it.
Scholar
#42 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:13 AM
I don't like overdoing it but just a couple in each room to boost Environment bars

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 11:57 AM
Omg yes, I don't like empty spaces anywhere in my Sims home.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:41 PM
I'd be happy to try and locate things, but you'll have to be a bit more specific. Start a WCIF and tag me (write @gummilutt in it), and specify which items you want. For example, grab the picture and add circles around the things you want.

Most of it is from around the sims 2 though

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 11:16 AM
I need to remember to clutter - my Sim rooms are often quite sparse.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 1:18 PM
I don't specificall care for it - I sometimes use decorations such as the piles of stuff from Freetime, or the hanging frying pans or towels beause it looks pretty, otherwise no, and I only use Maxis buymode stuff anyway.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 7:22 PM
I like clutter, too. I'm not sure what would be considered 'too much', though. I fill shelves with clutter and sometimes tables.

Most of the pics were before I got FRAPS, but you get the general idea.

For example, filling cabinets with food in kitchens, stuff over the oven, stuff on hanging shelves:

I like to make my own bookcases with clutter.

Bathroom clutter, love those shelves over toilets and laundry room shelves.

Random clutter on sides tables, shelves, floors.
Link Ninja
#49 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 7:41 PM
Since the thread has taken off and become relevant again - I have a clutter bug but can't seem to find as much clutter to download that I want. I try, I really do - shelves and tables mostly - but end up liking others people's room pics filled with clutter better.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#50 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 12:03 AM
I use a little clutter. I use what the sims buy in their inventory, cause I figure, they choose it, so they must want it. I also use clutter to help remind me of their personality and interests. So alien statutes for those who like science or a football for those interested in sports, those that like fashion get tons of bathroom products. I don't decorate all at once, but the more I get to know them, the more their house becomes cluttered with their stuff. Messy sims usually have dirty clothes on the floor, and neat sims have very little clutter, or if they do it's neatly stored away on cupboard shelves instead of on tables and floors.
Page 2 of 3