Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 9:31 PM
agree, disagree, helpful, funny love...
We need a smart button as well.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 10:47 PM
I love all memories. Memories are what makes Sims fun to me. The personality of a Sim is their memories, in my game. It shows their journey, what they did in their life.

That said, I don't like the "met X sim" because it clogs up the menu. I have a mod to stop it, which unfortunately also stops move in/out memories (which I like), but it's worth it. I would like to have a few "met x sim" in there, for the sims that do matter in their lifetime, but in the choice of everyone or no one, I go with no one.
Instructor
#28 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 11:15 PM
I also love memories. When sims are nearing death of old age I always pause the game and look over their memories and reminisce on their life (all my sims (with exception of married in townies) are born in the game). I love seeing who taught them how to talk, walk, and potty, and when they remember the birth of their siblings, going on their first date, etc. However, things I skip almost every time I'm looking through the memories are the memories of relatives getting A+ or being on the deans list college. I can't even remember which semesters I got on deans list in undergrad, so of course my brothers or cousins shouldn't be remembering that. Also what gets me is when I have illegitimate relations in the game and sims remember aspects of the lives of the family members they aren't supposed to know exist.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 4:08 AM
"Vermin!" "Vermin!" "Vermin!" "Vermin!" "Vermin!" "Vermin!" "Vermin!" "Vermin!" I get it, wow. Thanks community lot witch, much appreciated
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:14 AM
I too love memories. I like to look back and see what a Sim remembers and see if I can remember it too. Especially with Sims who have been around for a long time. I suppose it's a form of nostalgia. I love the "Met Sim" memories. I was looking at Julian Moltke's memories from the first few days of my game. (Julian is a teen in the third family I created and is Andrew Jones's boyfriend.) Julian has three "met Sim" memories from the very beginning. I do remember the circumstances. Julian had gone to Veronaville Market with his mum and his little sister Brigitte. It was the family's first day, and my very first visit to a Maxis-made community lot. I had just discovered that you couldn't take toddlers to community lots (otherwise the whole family would have gone). Julian met two teen townies: Jihoon LeTourneau and Amar Larrea. I remember those meetings because I got Julian to check them both out to establish his gender preference. (I had read to do that on an MTS FAQ.) Both townies are now playable and both turned out to be gay (though I didn't think that had anything to do with Julian checking them out). But just before that he met them he met Garry Mackay. I had forgotten about that, but, reminded by his memory, I recall the meeting now. Garry is Andrew's mum's boyfriend. Today Garry and Julian have a 100/100 relationship. I like the way in which a casual chance meeting can turn into a significant relationship. The game just provides the information that they met, and it's up to me to try to recall the place and the circumstances. Sometimes I wish the memories were more detailed. Yes, some like "Vermin!" can be a bit repetitive, and some, like getting a positive memory of meeting your burglar, are decidedly funny, but I wouldn't be without them.

I even like looking at my Sims' gossip memories in SimPE. (You can't see them in game.) It's interesting to find out what my Sims are talking about: "Jihoon LeTourneau refused to make our with Gordon Cornton" I saw the incident but I didn't know it had become to talk of the town. You don't keep many secrets in Veronaville! I know that gossip can cause corruption and periodically clear it with the batbox, but I think it's a pity that you can't keep it. (Though I bet Gordon is glad they're not talking about that anymore!)
Forum Resident
#31 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 2:19 AM
I can still remember burning pop-tarts back in 1999. Of course, I mostly remember it because I was so frustrated I karate-chopped the pancake with my hand and had a great big bubble o' skin on me for the next several weeks.

What I dislike is Roach spam. Good lord, it's almost more annoying than their getting the flu and dying on me.

On the other and, it's hilarious to me that when they're robbed, they get positive memories for having met the burglar.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 12:59 AM
I agree that "met sim", "met pet" and "vermin" are the more useless and annoying ones. At the moment, though, I am more bothered by the lack of a certain memory, namely "sim died". It seems only family members get a sad memory about a sim passing away. Stella Terrano was in love (but not engaged/married) with Vidcund Curious and even pregnant with his child. He died of old age, and the only memory she got was "yay! Inheritance!". How nice. Same when friends die. They get a happy memory about inheriting some money from their friend, but do not even have a sad moment about said friend's death.
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 12:28 PM
They do get a memory of a completely random Sim dying if the said Sim dies in front of their eyes, though.
Page 2 of 2