Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:35 PM
If you don't want that particular Sim baby to have that skintone, you could always just fix that baby I would also think you could edit the skin and remove the genetic-aspect, so that it won't appear with parents who don't have it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
hmm yes, perhaps I will leave it. Seems a lot of effort to fix one skintone... it's just very dark - and my town already has a lot of dark skinned sims.

I was trying to have a nice balance, but perhaps that will come further down the generation line. Thanks for the help.

Well according to me or to my own eyes, that skin tone seems to be very similar to mama's skin tone, who is darker than papa's.
Maybe it just looks darker, because it is on a baby...that happens sometimes. You know best! of course.

And just as Gummilutt said, changing the baby is an idea.
Using sim surgery in SimPE would be a matter of seconds to fix. Chose either mom or dad as the skintone "donor" and baby as the skin tone "receiver" (?)
and you are done.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#28 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:07 PM
Thanks for the help both of you, I think I will do just that. I know it is a different skintone as mama and papa both have default replacement skintones which are more shiny that the one on the baby.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:11 PM
aaaaaaaah..then maybe it is just that who ever created those skintones, forgot to include a baby version in the set. That happens too!
So the game just gave any...
But IF it is the case, then sim surgery won't help here. Because it won't be able to find the skintone for that age.

Forum Resident
#30 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:21 PM
I don't think this is the case as I have had other sims babies with these skintones.

I need some help though I can't seem to find the mum and dad's skintone to be donor or receiver? Or must I open their files and copy/paste?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 8:33 PM
Just be careful if you use Sim PE to change a skintone. I believe that children born from that Sim might have skintone issues that can corrupt a game.

It's not a horrible thing. That Sim might just want to adopt or stay childless. Or you can off the poor unfortunate creature.

I have had genetics issues where babies, toddlers, children and even teens have some sort of issue that goes away when they grow up. If I'm curious, I save the game (because I really don't want the kid to zip from baby to adult in three RL minutes), use Insim or the Blender to grow up the kid, see if the issue disappears and exit without saving. I try not to do that rapidly, though. I don't THINK aging that rapidly hurts the game, but just in case. And unfortunately, when I do an across-the-board simultaneous reset of all my neighborhoods (i do every year or two ... good way to delete custom NPCs and genetics I don't really like), those are often the first skintones to go, unless I really, really like the skintone. (There are exceptions.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 8:58 PM
You reset your neighbourhoods every year? And lose all of your houses and sims?

Anyway if the copy/paste thing is not what I was meant to do it is what I have done and now baby has mummy's skintone. So it works - I'll just have to remember no breeding then... which is a shame.

Sorry to derail the thread by the way. Thanks for all the advice. I'll see how it goes - I've never played long enough to have corruption before.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:53 PM
There's no reason why you can't breed it, you'd just need to fix the genetics which is really easy. I even have instructions written out for another member who was fixing genetics, so if you want to, I'll tell you how
Forum Resident
#34 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
There's no reason why you can't breed it, you'd just need to fix the genetics which is really easy. I even have instructions written out for another member who was fixing genetics, so if you want to, I'll tell you how

Okay great, what I did to change it's skintone is change the dominant skintone in sim surgery to the mother's skintone (because it was darker) and the recessive skintone to the father's.

If you could tell me how to fix the genetics that could be great. As I am scared to do things in SimPE in case I mess it all up.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:48 PM
THIS is probably themost comprehensive tutorial covering sim genetics that I have ever seen. Well worth a read through, even if you don't plan on fiddling with them too much.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 12:21 AM
Thank you Mattie, I've added this one to my favorite, so I can go back and read when I see fit.

#37 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 12:31 AM
How come my Sims aren't able to work out with the radio anymore?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 1:26 AM
I'm guessing a CC conflict. Did you download anything recently? I know mine are able to work out well enough.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Undead Molten Llama
#39 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 2:26 AM
Yup, usually if something stops working like it should, when it worked before, you've got a CC conflict, usually (but not always) a hack conflict. Take out anything you've downloaded recently and see if your pixels can work out to the radio again. If they can, you know it's something that you took out that's breaking that code. If you took out more than one thing, put them back in incrementally to figure out which thing it is that does the breaking. Then let the creator know and they might be able to fix it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 5:14 PM
My game runs very good. I have all ep/sp. I have no conflicting mods. I have played a long time with it exactly as it is with no problems. I am very happy. But there is this one thing that happens I think was by the designers of the game to protect the game (if you can image they would actually think like that after playing seeing so much they did not protect lol). Sometimes I get this the save button is invisible. I do not know what causes this. It is like the game just decides it had enough already. Used to happen with tree fires but I have long since taken care of that so no odd burning trees. But today for no reason my teen sim he does not get in taxi to go to college and again I have this where the game will not save. I try to call taxi for college again on phone with him but no he will not get in the car. I try to use bat box and reset on all worlds but nothing will stop this invisible save button problem you have to log out without saving. I am sure is no mod conflict or any real threat. Just something the game does silly maybe to protect itself from... idk what??? I want to say, because I played Skyrim, that it is bad running scripts tangling themselves out of order.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 8:06 PM
@Mordecai and Rigby - It's most likely a CC issue, but if the Hack Conflict Detection Utility doesn't bring up anything, it might just be a troublemaking mod you have. One time, I couldn't direct my Sims to sit on sectional sofas. They could sit autonomously, and using the allmenus cheat I could force them to sit, but otherwise I could only tell them to "Lounge" and "Nap". I did the 50/50 method and found the culprit to be Cyjon's Get off your #@! mod. It sucks that my Sims are sitting down to stare blankly at a wall (Why did EAxis even think about coding that into the game??), but at least I can tell my Sims to sit down on a damn sectional sofa when I want them to.
Theorist
#42 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 11:39 PM
@LaurellKH, the Save button usually grays out when there is something special happening. It will gray out during any fire (tree or otherwise), or a burglary, or any other time when you might be able to delete the thing that's having something bad happen to it. The save button also grays out when a car is going into or out of the driveway. Was there someone with a car on the lot with the teen who was trying to leave or come back at the same time as the taxi arrived?

I can't remember if it grays out during deaths.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#43 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:58 AM
LaurellKH, sometimes the moveout controller gets stuck. Usually the lot debugger (batbox) can fix it, but sometimes it's just exit without saving and try again.

I am more likely to have trouble with it if the group of sims moving out include a sim too young to get in the taxi who should just get vanished by the blue light. Especially if the baby/toddler in question is a) pooping--just like the birthday cake or b) asleep or in a crib. Or if I have more than one group of sims moving, such as twins both leaving for college.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#44 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:02 PM
It was not normal "gray out" I would know such a thing. Is this moveout controller stuck I think yes something to do with the vehicle. Is not normal good. Was bad glitch for I let lot run long time and never does save button appear. I know save button is suppose to go invisible at certain times but this was not such a time. It is all good. I got mad and went back in and cheat grew all children up and sent them to college. I was playing an orphanage. Now I do not feel like I lost time but went forward in the future. Ha, game will not ruin my day!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 11:03 PM
Oh, yes, the orphanage scenario.
Since they're orphans, I usually don't mind not getting the move to college pictures for them, so I have them all apply for scholarships then go to the college and use the move sims to college button to move them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#46 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 8:15 PM
I am having a very cool glitch....lol Oh I know it IS me, and not the game suddenly acting more awesome.
A glitch I'd love the be able to mod into something that always happen! Alas..me lack knowledge.

I have a couple who lives in an apartment complex that I made long ago, but each in their own unit.
Raphaelle lives alone, while her fiancé Sam has a dog.
Unfortunately, you'll never see your neighbor's pets wandering about outside...normally.

Today though, Raphaelle can interact with Heidi, Sam's dog. On the pic, she is "checking collar" All other interactions are available, too.
I wish this could last.
I know there is something wrong with Sam's unit though. When I play him, all is well. When I play her..Sam's unit is buggy.
Like now, Sam is stuck in a greenish smelly state, but won't go bathe. If I put debug mode and force error on him, it says that he is stuck in a dance contest....poor guy!
This is when I play Raphaelle's unit. I can knock on his door or ask him to come out, but either he will just go right back in, either he stands there blocking the door...and no options on him. Unless I direct my sim to swim in his pool, then she can invite him to join or play marco polo. He will go. but then return to his silly state.
I played him afterwards, he was alright as I say.
Was cool... I sent her on a hike, and Heidi could come along. ..without Sam, of course.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:33 PM
I think my Sims motives are going down too fast, they have to sleep almost every 2 hours. (Sim time of course.) The only thing I think could've caused it would be replacing my No Aspiration Metre decay to less Aspiration metre decay (was using No decay because of Storytelling purposes.)

Hi.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:23 PM
Test it by pulling your downloads.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#49 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:06 PM
There were so many funny things happened yesterday in my game...Hard to tell if it is game or me now.
Two were kind of logical, though never seen be my before.

During a storm...lightning occurs, often, but it is almost immediately put out because..it is also raining.
But this time, lightning strikes..(stroke ?) just a bit before rain stops...and so fire kept going. happened twice.

First time, the mailbox caught on fire. Fortunately, it did not burned all the way down.
But it made me wonder...knowing the important role of a mailbox on a residential lot...making it a residential in fact, what would have happened if it went bye bye??
Mailbox shouldn't catch on fire!

Mad Poster
#50 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:09 PM
I don't think lightning fires ever burn all the way down. I've had a tree that burned for days before I finally had to delete it.
Page 2 of 4