Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 13-NOV-2015) Seasons & Barista Bar Beverages on the Coffee Machine

by icarus_allsorts Posted 16th Apr 2014 at 9:30 AM - Updated 12th Nov 2015 at 7:30 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

123 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 11:03 AM
For anyone who is wondering (like I did) if this mod works on patch 1.63, the answer is a very happy "yes." Make sure to delete your game's cache files before you start the game again.

This is another "oversight" of EA's that has annoyed me thoroughly since I began playing with University Life. Oh, great, now we can have tea! ... say what? You can ONLY make tea on a monster pastry counter coffee-machine? Reeeeeally?

I'm so glad you did something about this, Icarus. If I knew where you were, I'd come kiss you. :lovestruc

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 12:42 PM
Thank you! Totally Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 12:52 PM
Thankyou very much !!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:14 PM
Wow, I didn't know I needed this so bad until I saw it! Thank you very much!
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
If I knew where you were, I'd come kiss you. :lovestruc

When you find him, please give him one for me too :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 3:07 PM
Awesome. Thanks a bunch!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 3:17 PM
This is so many awesomes that I am opening my game just to mess with this mod. *squees* Thank you very much for sharing your mods with us. I am so appreciative.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 4:36 PM
Oh bless your heart!!! Thank you!!! When EA came out with Seasons and the sims weren't able to go home and make those drinks I was disappointed!! Thank you love!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:08 PM
This is AWESOME!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:52 PM
I love this mod, saved a lot of space to place objects in doom. thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:05 PM
love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 6:07 PM
Awesome! Thank you!:)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 7:03 PM
This is another one I've always wanted! Love it!

The only thing I could possibly want, now, is if these drinks gave a little energy boost like playeroflif3's energy change mod for coffee. I've gone through the itun files a few times, and I really have no clue what they used for these drinks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 8:29 PM
Thanks for checking out the mod guys :D

Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
For anyone who is wondering (like I did) if this mod works on patch 1.63, the answer is a very happy "yes." Make sure to delete your game's cache files before you start the game again.

Thanks for the info

Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
The only thing I could possibly want, now, is if these drinks gave a little energy boost like playeroflif3's energy change mod for coffee. I've gone through the itun files a few times, and I really have no clue what they used for these drinks.

The Barista Bar Drinks all use the same drinking interaction as coffee does, so the mod you mentioned (or any other mod that alters the DrinkHeldCup_Definition ITUN to do so) should already give an energy boost to sims drinking them (with or without my mod). The Seasons drinks use a different interaction though (the same one as bar drinks) but since the ones offered in this mod aren't caffeinated it shouldn't matter with them
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 11:01 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 16th Apr 2014 at 11:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_alls
The Barista Bar Drinks all use the same drinking interaction as coffee does, so the mod you mentioned (or any other mod that alters the DrinkHeldCup_Definition ITUN to do so) should already give an energy boost to sims drinking them (with or without my mod).

Really? I'll look at it in game again, then. I didn't see any boost for them, but I could be losing my mind.

EDIT: I figured out my deal. Tray drinks never give a boost...only the single serving one does. It has always been this way with energy boost mods. No one has ever figured out how to boost the trays.

Anyway, thank-you again for this wonderful mod. I do love it.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:36 AM
Love this. Thanks Icarus.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 4:16 AM
Thank you for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 5:20 AM
Thank you for the lovely mod, Icarus! Now my sims can have tea and coca at home!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Tray drinks never give a boost...only the single serving one does. It has always been this way with energy boost mods. No one has ever figured out how to boost the trays.

Ah, that's because there are 2 drink interactions for hot beverage cups (the non seasons ones). The energy mods I've seen so far only edit the DrinkHeldCup_Definition ITUN which is the interaction pushed on the sim when they make a single cup on the coffee machine or barista bar. If you make a tray of cups and click on the individual cups though, a separate Drink interaction is run (the ITUN for this one is called DrinkHotBeverage_Cup if you want to edit it). There IS a trick around this though, if you click on the TRAY, not on the cups themselves, the first interaction will be run instead (the cup chosen will be random though) so you should be able to get the energy boosts from the mod you're already using this way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 1:14 PM
Very useful, thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 2:33 PM
I'm going to faint of happiness!

Thanks a million!!!!!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
SNIP...(the ITUN for this one is called DrinkHotBeverage_Cup if you want to edit it). There IS a trick around this though, if you click on the TRAY, not on the cups themselves, the first interaction will be run instead (the cup chosen will be random though) so you should be able to get the energy boosts from the mod you're already using this way.

Ahh ha...ok! Thanks for the tip!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:59 PM
i'm a fan of your mods, icaras! thank you for this one
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 9:03 PM
Page 1 of 5