Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:08 AM
See the ones i put near the flowers came on twice in my sims day, the one in the vegetables however nothing... If you want to find your wrinklers just turn them around so they are on the grass not in the plants, i can't see them ether while inside the plants as they are so small.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:26 AM
Yeah, but I still need to move at least 4 squares of flowers to get down to the ground level to where the sprinklers are. They are in the middle of some large fancy flower beds at my mayors house. Now with that non breaking sprinkler mod I hope I will not be driven mad any longer.

I think the ones in your vegetables will come on, just not very often and not when you think they should. There is a mod some place which changes the watering cycle.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:46 AM
I honestly doubt it on my game it's been 3 and a bit sim days now and nothing but i'm glad they work for my flowers as i'm the lazy one not my sims haha, think i will download the Don't Break mod for the Sprinklers to keep them going.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:52 AM
I haven't seen if it works yet and have no idea how old or what EP set up it's for, I just got if off the creators page which gives no clues. I thought it was worth a try.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:59 AM
Hmm... maybe not then i can always buy some more if they stop working
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 2:10 AM
Once I get back to playing a house rather than building I'll post back on how it worked. I have all Ep's and Sp's so if it works for me it will work for everyone.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 2:17 AM
Okie thanks a lot i placed the smallest sprinklers on my tomatoes instead and put the faucet it squrits out of on the grass, will see how it goes, maybe the bigger the sprinkler the longer it takes to go off, or maybe because you put it inside the green house it thinks they are inside a house so they don't go off, i will test the second theory next.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 2:38 AM
I can't think of what's going wrong in your game, but I can tell you that the sprinklers definitely do water the harvestable plants. I have a farm with dozens of garden plots and sprinklers placed to water them, and they do stay watered. My plants are outside, not in a greenhouse, so it's possible your second theory is correct. I'll be interested to see what you find.
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 2:48 AM
Okie the sprinklers on the flowers went off, i didn't see the animation for the ones on my tomatoes though but right after the plants are dripping with water but no change whatsoever in the condition so they must not of gone off. I'm taking the weeds off and it does say it's going up but it stays at sickly if the sprinklers did work.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 3:01 AM
I've never had a problem with the sprinklers, either in a greenhouse or out of one. I don't know if I have a gardening hack interfering though; none of them say that they affect the sprinklers.

Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
But for me I use it for sims who are too busy to water or gold gardening badgers, I rather the other sims gain badges through it

I want a gold gardening badger! XD
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 3:07 AM
My sim already has Silver they just keep staying at sick though i;ve just watered them twice over and no change, what is right season to plant stuff?.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 3:14 AM
Spring (is not a real gardener and therefore has no idea)? I always planted mine whenever.
Undead Molten Llama
#38 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 3:51 AM
Certain plants do better when planted at certain times. I don't remember off the top of my head what works better when, but I'm sure if you do a little Googling you'll find it. I think the info is on Snooty Sims...

@Charity: I just want a badger, period, gold or otherwise. I like their pissy spirit!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
@Charity: I just want a badger, period, gold or otherwise. I like their pissy spirit!

I remember watching a video on youtube of one that got bitten by a snake, then still kicked the snake's ass before it passed out from the poison ... then fricking came back to life after having a nap, poison all sorted. XD
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 4:38 AM Last edited by Pygsmyemm : 30th Apr 2014 at 4:59 AM.
Haha which expansion have you got snakes? i really want the one you can get your sims tanned, can't do that in seasons, which one is it?. So my sprinklers finally worked and turns out it won't pick up on your veg and fruit if you don't compost them ^_^.
Undead Molten Llama
#41 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 5:23 AM
@ Charity:Yup, that's a badger. They're awesome. I think they're in the same family as the wolverines we have here in America because we sadly have no badgers. ( No wait! I'm wrong! We do. Learn something new every day. ) Wolverines are pissy, too. I like pissy animals. Always wanted a pet skunk, too.

@ Pygsmyemm: We weren't talking about people with badges in-game. Or snakes in-game for that matter. We were talking about real badgers, the little animals known for being pissy, biting off more than they can chew, and then still kicking ass. They're like the Chuck Norris of the animal world. They want to cull them in England, though, to stop the spread of mad cow disease; I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. We can live without beef, but the world would be a poorer place without badgers. Badgers being badgers, though, I'm guessing they'd shake off culling efforts.

Glad you got your sprinklers going, though!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 5:28 AM
Oh... doh! lol totally miss-read that i was in gamer mode haha my sims is making me look forward to summer as they are in summer now so i was all dazed at how lovely the butterflies and flowers look . Lol @ badgers totally random but i love it, yes they can bite a chunk out of things if they want to but they are so cute too, just wish they were not prickley because they look like you could curl them up in your arms like a baby hehe.
Undead Molten Llama
#43 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 5:36 AM
Hey, you're the one who (inadvertently) brought up badgers when you were talking about "gold gardening badgers." Charity and I just ran with it from there.

Oh and you wanted to know about the EP that gives you tanning? That'd be Bon Voyage. If you get it, I recommend the mod here on MTS -- I think treeag made it? -- that allows your Sims to sunbathe anywhere. Otherwise, sunbathing is restricted to beach lots only, which is lame.

Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 5:46 AM
Lmao didn't realize i typed badgers ^_^ but yes they are cute. I will get it soon just as soon as i get my £100 gift card by saving enough swag bucks lol, which will take all year .
Mad Poster
#45 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Always wanted a pet skunk, too.

Hehe, pity you can't befriend Stinky Skunk in The Sims 2 (and train him to spray your neighbours).
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 1st May 2014 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Hehe, pity you can't befriend Stinky Skunk in The Sims 2 (and train him to spray your neighbours).

I haven't seen the skunks much i did only a few times when i played it a few years ago, how do you get them to appear?.

By the way my sprinklers are working on my tomatoes every morning now, it's only once a day but it keeps them watered and healthy it's all they need, so to get them to work place the faucet on the grass and don't forget to fertilize the plants and use the smallest ones as i don't think they work when you place the faucet bit onto the growing veg and fruit ether.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:26 AM
I've had less luck with sprinklers than the gardener, which is that by the time they water, the plants could be dead. And I don't remember EVER seeing sprinklers come on for non-plantable stuff like flowers.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#48 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pygsmyemm
I haven't seen the skunks much i did only a few times when i played it a few years ago, how do you get them to appear?.

You know what? My sims tends to bring the skunk back home after a hike.
This is mostly when I see it. But maybe it is also attracted by..harvestables? Fruit trees and/or else?..Because I see them on most my lot, apartment or else..and *I* tend to plant harvestable everywhere. Pets must be a cool attraction too, for a skunk...Plantsim toO! ahah..My Landlord who got transformed into a pwetty Plant..got sprayed 3 times in a row, in one game session..well yeah, in a row..one game session..(go to bed Rosie)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#49 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:48 AM
Skunks like to smell flowers, so planting flowers might attract him-why you want to attract him I'm not sure... Make sure to never try and make the skunk selectable because it's one of those universal NPC's that must not be touched apart from what can be done without cheats. Chase off, watch or pet.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#50 Old 2nd May 2014 at 5:11 AM
The Merlin Hawkinses have a flower bed they use the sprinklers on (when it's not busy breaking). It was too much of a hassle in the greenhouse and watering is part of building the gardening badge, so they don't do it there, but it works on the flowers. You can't tell when the flowers need watering, so that's the only way I can ever get them to last.

In Sims1, the skunk would come if someone in the house got really stinky...It seems to be fairly random in 2.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 2 of 3