Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bathe Animals Correctly (1.67)

by Le Carrera Posted 17th Jun 2014 at 3:08 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2015 at 3:50 AM by Le Carrera

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 4:55 PM
I just installed Sims 3 again so i will definitely try this out looks great
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 6:31 PM
Great mod, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 11:22 PM
Awesome! I hated that I could never bathe my cats since you CAN bathe a cat in real life, like you said. Thank you! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:53 AM
Thank you for this. We always blow dried our cats (except one, who was terrified of the blow-dryer, but didn't mind water for some reason), and the majority of them loved it. Glad for this mod, because even the cat who didn't like baths didn't lose relationship with us, she just thought we were punishing her! So I'm glad you found the XMLs to make it so we don't lose relationship with them. Well done!
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 6:23 AM
Default thank you
great
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 2:26 PM
so if I understood well (because I fail in English) when a sim refuse to bathe a pet , now we can?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 9:27 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!
I have patch 1.63 But I guess it'll work fine. At least you said so
Thank you again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 10:23 PM
This was so frustrating, thanks! Going to test it out now.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 2:06 AM
I've been a lifelong cat owner, having personally owned or having had in the family over 14 cats, and I would've agreed in principle with this mod -- I've given many cats baths before, and they want to get out but sort of sit there and take it if I make it clear that they're staying and are in no danger.

However, now I have a permanently damaged knuckle from trying to bathe one of my more recent cats, where he bit down so hard on the joint that the tub got covered in so much blood that it looked like someone had killed a small animal. He to this day refuses to be bathed, and attempts to make very good on his threats, and it was even for a good cause at the time (he had tummy issues which manifested themselves rather, um, severely). So I can also see from the designers' perspective when they figured that cats can't be bathed, since they may have just been unlucky enough to get one of the hydrophobic ones. ;-)
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 7:12 AM
I know. :-P I once had a similar experience; I had a sick kitten who was unable to clean himself, so he was filthy and needed to be bathed. While bathing him, he bit me on my finger; the wound itself wasn't so bad, but unfortunately it got infected, and I for the next week I had to go into the hospital every night to receive IV antibiotics. It was a painful experience, but I didn't take it personally; it's the only time that's ever happened, thankfully!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:38 PM
Thanks for sharing this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:38 PM
awesome mod. All these little things definitely needed a fix. Thank you!
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 5:24 PM
I really use pets in my game but love the idea around this mod thanks for a great idea will defiantly try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:58 PM
I am with you on the pets bath time! I have two cats and if done correctly, they love it! =) Much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:24 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 6:31 PM
Love this thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 11:30 PM
thank you i like it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 6:52 PM
Thanks so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:00 AM
Thanks! I don't know why sims couldn't bathe pets before.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:58 PM
I'm sure this mod is great and I thanked you for it, but I cannot get to it. Everytime I try to download it, I get some vlc media player instead and a bunch of spyware crap.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Caradavin
I'm sure this mod is great and I thanked you for it, but I cannot get to it. Everytime I try to download it, I get some vlc media player instead and a bunch of spyware crap.

Just tried it and everything seems to be working fine. Maybe it's a rogue script on a page ad, or malware in your browser?

Make sure you're clicking on the Files tab and then trying to download the files there. Steer clear of any green download buttons on the top right -- they're ads/malware.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:46 AM
Cool addition to the game. Thank you. :)
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:40 AM
I read up on your mod and I have an interesting request. I was wondering if you could make a version where I could just have a smaller chance instead of 0? I still want a chance, just not as high. If you can't, can someone else do so?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 10:55 PM
Thanks! My household has so many pets I needed a mod for the sims limit, and it's a pain to maintain a good relationship with them all. This mod helped a lot :)
Page 1 of 2