Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Granny's China Cabinet

by mustluvcatz Posted 29th Jun 2014 at 8:54 PM - Updated 30th Jun 2014 at 4:27 PM by mustluvcatz

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 9:16 PM
Man you're fast! Was just looking at your WIP this morning, on Tumblr.

It looks great, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 9:17 PM
This will be perfect for displaying the Tiny Treasures collection by SimFused (available here at MtS: http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=8680236 )

Thanks for this, I love it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:36 AM
This is beautiful! Thank you, MLC :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:48 AM
My mother's most prized possession is her china hutch. It was one of the first things she owned when she and my father married. Of course, he drives her crazy leaving his piles of keys and whatnot on it. Boy, your description just reminded me of them. Thanks for such a beautiful creation. :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 2:14 AM
It's gorgeous - thanks for making it.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:27 AM
Its lovely MLC, I too have fond memories of my Nanas cabinet, got the china as well (not all but some is better than none) but as the cabinet was built into the wall and classed as a chattell then it had to be sold with the house So will enjoy your lovely pixel one as well
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 8:57 AM
28 slots! This is so awesome Thanks MLC!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:16 PM
WOW! You wrote and illustrated an adorable story AND gave us a slotted item to download. Damn that oaf and his oars, ha ha!

edit: Is that a coffee press in there among the china? So many goodies! If I spend half the day looking for pixel china and coffee stuff, it's because of this thread! Must go find your tumblr...
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:30 PM
Beautiful work, and thanks for taking the time to put in all the slots!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 5:46 PM
Absolutely wonderful - perfect for my Sims antique shop. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 6:45 PM
I just love this! I always need more places to put recolors of china and 28 slots, oh my! Thanks so much for this wonderful piece and it's already recolored in most all the colors I use- hurrah!
Toaster Strudel Addict
#13 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 7:24 PM
What a wonderful variety of recolors! Beautiful as usual, MLC!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 8:00 PM
You never cease to amaze me MLC. The cabinet is lovely, thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:05 AM
I love it!!!
In fact, my mom has my grandma's china cabinet that your new object is almost an exact replica of. Cool, huh?
Mostly Harmless
#16 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:40 AM
This looks so nice, MLC!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 5:03 AM
PenelopeT - Well, not that fast, lol. That was the just about finished version. All I did after that was tweak some slots and make 2 parts of the mesh wider. Oh, and the recolors- but the textures for those were already done. Since I was having trouble sleeping, that's what I spent my time doing. (And thank you!)

nezumi12 - Good idea! (You're welcome and thank you. )

Catherine, SourPussy, Apsalar, Klaartje - You're welcome and thank you!! Oh- a hutch! The house I grew up in had a china hutch that was built into the wall. I loved that thing- AND I was actually allowed to touch the stuff in it, lol. I should try to recreate that in one of the houses I'm working on. (Not as a mesh though..)

CatOfEvilGenius - Coffee press? Yes- I think it's LeeHee's (BillyJean) from BPS but I couldn't tell you which set. Most of the stuff in there is from BPS or Sims2Artists.

Sophie-David - SLOTS! I must put the slots. It's a terrible addiction, lol. I'm out to rid my sim's world of OMSPs. No offense meant to OMSP creators of course, especially since I've made a few! (And thank you!)

LilSister, amythestfenix, justJones, Kim- Thank you! And you're welcome. (Amythestfenix - Yes! You love china, I remember that now. And now you've got a place to put it!)

Deatherella - Thank you! I think that general shape is a pretty common shape for china cabinets. A lot of older ones I've seen have the curved front- and sometimes curved sides. The sides of mine ARE curved a teeny bit. (If I'd made it as curvy as I wanted the polycount would've been way higher than I like.. so I went with less curvy.)

Twi - Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:29 PM
This would look great in a rustic country home! :) Thank you, I love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:05 PM
Another brilliant creation, thanks so much.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 4:42 PM
This will be perfect for my older Sims lady I just made.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:26 AM
Gorgeous cabinet! Great work!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:14 AM
Very cute
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:19 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 5:54 AM
Hi! First of all, this looks like an absolutely gorgeous object. I'm really excited to see how versatile it is!

I seem to be having some difficulty with it, however. *blush* I've used mods from this site before, and I have all the precursor frameworks set up. But when I have all of the .package files in their proper place, the game never even gets to the Maxis screen, and -- just to test, mind -- when I take out the color files but keep the .package for the cabinet, it takes exceptionally long to load the world, the lot I'm on, etc., and acts as though it's rebuilding it from scratch.

Any idea if something is up? I've uninstalled them and redownloaded the .rar file, just in case the download went awry, if it helps.

Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:22 AM
Thanks so much for the china cabinet, am going to love using it.
Page 1 of 2