Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charity Chapel

by cutsocks Posted 18th Aug 2014 at 8:16 AM - Updated 18th Aug 2014 at 7:07 PM by cutsocks

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:30 AM
Lovely as always! :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:40 AM
I always love the level of creativity that goes in to your creations. This creation is no different, whether it be the red carpet going up the side of the stage and continuing on to of it to under the rug or the conical roofs being made to look like part of a hipped roof successfully. This superior level of work always makes me a bit jealous and inferior too, but what you create is art, both innovative and beautiful. I love it and always look forward to the next one, even if I can't have it in my own game. Thanks for continuing this level of work with another wonderful church.
P.S. With slightly different stonework I'd say that it reminded me of some churches I've seen in Brittany (France). I think it's something to do with the roof.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
I think it's something to do with the roof.

Funny thing about that roof... Shorty after I worked out getting the octagonal and gabled pieces together, you had a thread in CFF with a many. many dormered Victorian. I played around with adding a ton of dormers to the sides, but then I put the steeple on and it morphed into a church. LOL.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 1:34 PM
I love the many touches, the details inside and out. And that roof is spectacular! I love this. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:11 PM
It's beautiful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:38 PM
That's a great piece of work. And (I had to search for this two words, I hope they're right), the part of the ambulatory with the apses gave me some inspiration, thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:55 PM
Very nice ! Where do the stained glass windows come from ? I've been trying to add ones like these to my own church, but I couldn't find any so I relied to CC...
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:21 PM
@Occultine Thanks! Those stained glass windows are just a Showtime stage prop (Blackfyre Stained Glass Sculpture) placed in a normal window with moveobjects on. It's an easy no-CC solution, but only works well with single-tile windows.
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Those stained glass windows are just a Showtime stage prop (Blackfyre Stained Glass Sculpture) placed in a normal window with moveobjects on. It's an easy no-CC solution, but only works well with single-tile windows.

I half wondered whether you'd done something like that. I may "borrow" that idea for some of my creations.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
@Occultine Thanks! Those stained glass windows are just a Showtime stage prop (Blackfyre Stained Glass Sculpture) placed in a normal window with moveobjects on. It's an easy no-CC solution, but only works well with single-tile windows.

Good idea ! I never use the Showtime stage props so I wouldn't have thought of that
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 1:30 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 5:45 AM
Gorgeous!