Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
It's nothing new that developers take features out of their games only to make a big deal out of it when adding it back in later.. and then expect a lot of praise for putting back what never should have been removed in the first place.

Dragon Age series comes to mind.. Considering how much stuff was taken out for DA2 its a wonder the green light was even given for a third game that brings back a lot of stuff from DA1.
Skyrim also added quite a few things back from Morrowind after taking it out for Oblivion. Sadly they also removed several things too.
Pretty sure that for the total war series, a lot of stuff that got removed for Rome 2 will be brought back in the next total war game...

Really makes me wonder what kind of idiots run such companies that they always seem to prefer new customers over their established customers. Often they'd completely alienate their own fanbase in hopes of attracting a new one.
Sure, they want more customers. But in order to get more customers, the sensible thing to do would be to first look at what the established fanbase wants, and maybe add on top of that something to appeal to a new market. Optional stuff to make it easier can help.. same for better explanations and tutorials.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The Sims 4 is the Sims 4 and needs to be seen as a separate game.

I totally agree. I think if instead of it being a sequel, it could be a sims spin off. Like the stories and mideval, since both of those managed to strip away core features of gameplay as well.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Simonut : 14th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
They should just get over trying to forget sims 2, go back to it - capitalize on it - fix all their bugs, update it for windows 8, and release more expansions for it. Here's to dreaming

EA / Maxis I agree should have capitalize further on the Sims 2, it was and still is a "Blockbuster Game." But business just sometime do not work that way, they have to keep up with the jones, trying to up the level of the Sims.
But look what happen, some went with the Sims 3 ( new players and Old player ) but some found themselves coming back to Sims 2.

Sims 2 up the level on Sims 1 gave us players wonderful features and added even more on their expansions Eps and stuff pack with more features to use.
But now there Is Sims 4 with it's features, that only maybe pulled a few features from Sims 2 and Sims 3 to me it like a hyper. I "wish" that the very same creators at EA / Maxis that work on the Sims 2 could have work on Sims 3 and now Sims 4.

But people do move on or retire, I do not know what going to happen down the road with Sims 4 or any other new versions of the Sims all I know is that life do make changes and that also mean games that are created.
But here is my "Dream" that the will day come that EA / Maxis sat in their offices behind close doors and say " OOPS ! We did a real screw up on dropping the Sims 2 so soon." Maybe one day they may realize people are still playing the Sims 2, and wanted more expansions.

My question to EA / Maxis is why on earth in your Sims 4 base game would you leave out such features as the toddlers? Did you forget the past features because this is not new but plain dumb.
What make a good game is keeping all the good features that fans love and adding or capitalize on it to make the Sims even better, I guess time will tell if they will up it with Sims 4. Like member Charmful I may be dreaming as well.
But well it's ok to dream and hope it come true, but for the better.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#54 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
They should just get over trying to forget sims 2, go back to it - capitalize on it - fix all their bugs, update it for windows 8, and release more expansions for it. Here's to dreaming

Finally! Some one said it! They definitely should! I can assure you that people are definitely going to be interested in more EPs (SPs aren't that necessary, but I guess it would be nice to have more of them too).
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 12:18 AM
I wonder it it would ever be possible for Sims 2 to become open domain, so anyone could use it as a base and develop the game as they wish. Probably very wishful thinking on my part. I like thinking of the possibilities though.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#56 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by telemwill
I wonder it it would ever be possible for Sims 2 to become open domain, so anyone could use it as a base and develop the game as they wish. Probably very wishful thinking on my part. I like thinking of the possibilities though.

@>>telemwill>> It sound all so good what you said, but "Please Do Not Hold Your Breath." Maybe just maybe in the "Next Life" but not in this one.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 3 of 3