Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Reduced Townie Generating (V10 1.19)

by Shimrod101 Posted 18th Sep 2014 at 12:24 AM - Updated 12th Jun 2016 at 7:35 PM by Shimrod101 : Update to 1.19 patch

333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 229 Feedback Posts, 103 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 14
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:59 AM Last edited by Mendota : 18th Sep 2014 at 2:38 AM.
Thank you! This issues of excessive townies has been around since the first Sims 1 game. I don't know why EA doesn't get a clue over this. As people create their own Sims, let them fill up the town with those.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 12:59 AM
This is going to be great, thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:04 AM
Thank-you very much! Now to go clean some house!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:19 AM
Oh yay, Shimrod!! Thanks so much for this - I hated how many unnecessary townies would be spawned, and they dressed awful too, lol. Now I can populate my town with my own created 'townies' :)
Many thanks again :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
Thank you for this mod because I am beginning to understand how the "not in the world" sims work now. I had it all wrong. *giggles* I am so happy to see this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
Will this modification delete sims in game or do we have to delete them by ourselves? O:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:29 AM
This is wonderful!

I've had a problem with every Sim game populating my game too much, so it's nice that someone modded Sims 4 to finally reduce that problem.
Is Claeric
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:38 AM
Awesome. Was sad to see so many townies after I meticulously replaced evrey single one with game/movie/whatever characters!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM
I feel stupid asking, but does this need extracting from the zip? I swear I'm the only one that doesn't know which mods need extracting and which don't...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HoneyballLP
Will this modification delete sims in game or do we have to delete them by ourselves? O:

You have to delete the Households yourself from that Manage Households screen.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Illu
I feel stupid asking, but does this need extracting from the zip? I swear I'm the only one that doesn't know which mods need extracting and which don't...

Yes, it is a standard .package file mod. Extract it and use the .package file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:14 AM
no me funciona de 2 días sims me genero 22 sims
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prego
no me funciona de 2 días sims me genero 22 sims

You have followed the instruction to alter the resource.cfg file and create that extra subfolder?

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:32 AM
What if we already have around 11-12 townies? Will the game assign them to roles or will it move in new ones for those roles?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:34 AM
Thank you so much for this it was driving me crazy that so many sims were being generated even after I would delete them, so again thank you a ton!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celiria
What if we already have around 11-12 townies? Will the game assign them to roles or will it move in new ones for those roles?

I don't really know what you mean by "roles". If you mean Service Sims like the Maid, I am convinced that the game will not choose a sim already in the Townie Household window and turn them into a Maid, no. If these sims you already have were created by you yourself, they will be chosen on occasion to do the SituationJobs as they are called, walking or jogging in the park, the barfly sims and all the others showing up at the venues, which you've already been seeing. If everyone else has been deleted, the game will generate the new Service sims and they will show up here one by one, or on day one after deletion of all the sims there might be 4 or 5 new sims for the first Service sims spots.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:16 AM
If this works (I will try tomorrow), I'll kiss your feet :D
I've waited so long for a mod like this! Awesome! *dancing around*
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:37 AM
So does this actually work for anyone? o.O Asking because as I understand it, this only reduces the homeless households that are generated initially -- but it does nothing to prevent walkbys from being generated from there on out, and those are the main source of townie spam in my game. Or is it just my game that behaves funny?

(Far as I can see, to change walkby behaviour so that it only draws from the pool of existing sims would require a script mod -- I don't see a way to change that via tuning alone.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
So does this actually work for anyone? o.O Asking because as I understand it, this only reduces the homeless households that are generated initially -- but it does nothing to prevent walkbys from being generated from there on out, and those are the main source of townie spam in my game. Or is it just my game that behaves funny?

(Far as I can see, to change walkby behaviour so that it only draws from the pool of existing sims would require a script mod -- I don't see a way to change that via tuning alone.)

To my knowledge the walkbys are townies already generated. They aren't generated as walkbys the game generates townies and then when it needs sims to walkby it pulls from the available townies.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:52 AM
No, unfortunately, it doesn't. It pokes the pool of existing sims first, but when it doesn't find anyone suitable, it generates a new sim. This is laid out pretty clearly in the EAxian tuning descriptions, and it's also consistent with the behaviour I'm seeing.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:00 AM
I need this ! Love it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:28 AM
Thank you SO MUCH! My TS2-player-side was freaking out with so many useless townies.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:32 AM
Thank you for a much needed mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:29 AM
Hallelujah! This is what I have waited for! Thank you!
Page 1 of 14