Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MoveObjects on Cheat

by TwistedMexi Posted 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:32 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2014 at 12:11 AM by TwistedMexi

321 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 170 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM
Yaay I've been waiting on this for soo long!
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM
Awesome thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:46 AM
Omg. This kicks building design, interior design, and landscaping up several notches. TY!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:48 AM
I've been missing this so much - thank you!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:49 AM
Thank you! I'm using this in my game right now and.. I think I love you, lol. It was driving me crazy not being able to put things where I want them to go. What's wrong with having a hamper, shelf and robe all in the same spot? Nothing! Now I can do that. Thanks again.

For anyone who might wonder, I haven't had any problems with my sims being able to use objects- for example, there's a pot rack/knife rack/fire alarm all over my sim's stove and she can use it. (The pot rack needed move_objects to be placed with the other 2 objects already there.)
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:49 AM
Ty so much this mod and all your others make the game playable

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:50 AM
You are a god! Thank you!!

Megan (and sometimes LaVaughn)

Sugar Exotics

My Blog
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:58 AM
Thanks! Perhaps in the future we can move sims around?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Thank you! I'm using this in my game right now and.. I think I love you, lol. It was driving me crazy not being able to put things where I want them to go. What's wrong with having a hamper, shelf and robe all in the same spot? Nothing! Now I can do that. Thanks again.

For anyone who might wonder, I haven't had any problems with my sims being able to use objects- for example, there's a pot rack/knife rack/fire alarm all over my sim's stove and she can use it. (The pot rack needed move_objects to be placed with the other 2 objects already there.)

lol no problem, it was driving me mad hunting down the right spots to mod.

I will confirm some items will not be usable when overlapped, naturally, but as long as the object isn't obviously blocking another, it should be usable This is just how moveobjects has always been.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mefailband
Thanks! Perhaps in the future we can move sims around?

It's on my todo
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:07 AM
I Love You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:08 AM
Awesomeness! Thanks for taking the time to do this! All I need now is the limit on household size expanded or removed and I can really start to enjoy this game more. xD
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:13 AM
I toggled scripted mods on, restarted the game several times but still I can't move my objects. The .zip file is located in the Mods folder. Tried typing tm.moveobjects on (although it should be turned on by default) and still doesn't let me move objects through eachother. Anyone who has an idea on how to fix this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Omaatjehenk
I toggled scripted mods on, restarted the game several times but still I can't move my objects. The .zip file is located in the Mods folder. Tried typing tm.moveobjects on (although it should be turned on by default) and still doesn't let me move objects through eachother. Anyone who has an idea on how to fix this?

If the mod is loaded correctly, you'll:

A) See it listed when you start up the game, in a pop-up window.

B) get a response in the cheat console when you type in tm.moveobjects on

If you really have left the item zipped in your Mod's folder (directly in the mods folder, not in a subfolder) and it's not working:

Exit the game.
Exit origin.
Re-open origin.
Right-click your Sims 4 game in Origin
Select "Check for Updates"

It will likely find an update, go ahead and apply it. Script mods only work on the latest patch, there was a bug in previous versions preventing them from loading properly.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
If the mod is loaded correctly, you'll:

A) See it listed when you start up the game, in a pop-up window.

B) get a response in the cheat console when you type in tm.moveobjects on

If you really have left the item zipped in your Mod's folder (directly in the mods folder, not in a subfolder) and it's not working:

Exit the game.
Exit origin.
Re-open origin.
Right-click your Sims 4 game in Origin
Select "Check for Updates"

It will likely find an update, go ahead and apply it. Script mods only work on the latest patch, there was a bug in previous versions preventing them from loading properly.

It is listed in the pop-up window, first thing I checked. I did not run the update though, I guess I'll try that right now then. I'll let you know if it worked or not.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Omaatjehenk
It is listed in the pop-up window, first thing I checked. I did not run the update though, I guess I'll try that right now then. I'll let you know if it worked or not.

Yep that matches the symptom so far. The old versions will list it but not actually load it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:42 AM
You ROCK!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:47 AM
OMG!! Thank you. :-)x
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:02 AM
yay yay!!! thank you sooooo much, I have been hoping for this mod, hugeeee thank you!!! you have made my game one thousand percent better!!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi
Yep that matches the symptom so far. The old versions will list it but not actually load it.

Thanks! It totally works right now, great job getting this cheat working in the Sims 4!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:17 AM
Thanks , I want to try to do mods myself , how did you manage to do this ?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:22 AM
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:26 AM Last edited by maddy69110 : 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:42 AM.
Disregaurd my post. I think Ive figured it out and now I know its not this mod after all. Im such an Idiot sometimes, when I tested I forgot to remove the package files. I use an overrides and package folder system, overrides for mods and package for everything else. Looks like its a bad package. I should have figured that out before posting. Sorry.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:28 AM
Thank you so much! After trying to build a house without the cheat I decided to wait for some amazing modder to make it until I tried again. Great job!

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Page 1 of 13