Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:41 PM
I've never tried the Grilled Cheese aspiration before, even though I love grilled cheese IRL.... it's a delicious thing. Maybe I should try it one day, and I'll envy the Sim that gets to stay home from work just to work on his grilled cheese sandwich eating record. Mmmm....
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vixxen

For all those people who like to play cheating spouses, how the hell do you not get caught by the spouse they live together (except if that's what you aim for)?! I have some romance Sims that are married and with kids but secretly want to woohoo with some others But I don't want them to be caught by their spouses. I always plan them to cheat but then chicken out
I put one of the Bon Voyage hotels in the the neighborhood. It works just like a community lot, and Sims can go there and rent a room for a few hours.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:06 PM
For all those people who like to play cheating spouses, how the hell do you not get caught by the spouse they live together (except if that's what you aim for)?! I have some romance Sims that are married and with kids but secretly want to woohoo with some others But I don't want them to be caught by their spouses. I always plan them to cheat but then chicken out

Well, half the fun of it is in the subtefuge. But I have a hack which prevents jealousy being evoked from right across the lot. The cuckold has to be closer than that to realise what's going on. Plus, I usually send them off lot for shenanigans. Or wait till the spouse is at work. And then I've turned all the ACR jealousy to normal EAxis since fisticuffs, weeping and skriking is part of the story too. Amelia and Mercer Vaughan had a whole series of bust ups and reconciliations (and four kids) before Amelia finally got sick of him and threw him over for Kennedy Cox . The best part is at least two of his seven kids (and maybe more) have inherited his wandering tendencies. The others have, in horror, gone completely the other way and disapprove mightily of cheating siblings.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Undead Molten Llama
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
This thread was beginning to read like that drinking game

If this was that drinking game, I'd be totally wasted by now.

I have never:

Played any premade neighborhood (and likely never will). I have used Sims from the Sim Bin, though, but usually not in the way intended (I break up the families, age up the toddlers, and make them all townies.)
Played a Greek house (but will likely do so sometime this century)
Used a cowplant (and likely never will. They kind of squick me, honestly, especially the "drinking their essence" aspect. I know they're only pixels, but...*shrug*)
Managed to fulfill a pet-breeding LTW (and likely never will; I don't use pets a lot.)

And I think that's about it, actually.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:40 PM
I've never played a servo. And I don't think I'm likely to--they have the same flaw that plantsim babies do without Cyjon's hack: they're personality clones of the sim who initializes them. I get enough personality clones from making townies playable . . . and since servos don't die . . . well, if I do play one ever it'll be because I'm playing a challenge and it's an advantage to have one, that's all.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:23 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:52 PM.
I'm having a hard time thinking what I haven't done. I do such a wide range of things, even if it's to only to try them once.

-I have yet to complete a few maxis made LTW's. 6 pets to the top of careers, 10 businesses although I know how to cheat that by going up to ten and down, breed 20 pets and 20 pet friends. I think that's the only things I haven't done.

Adding to this since reading and posting on some other threads- I don't do inbreeding, abortion or teen pregnancy/whoohoo.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:33 PM
I never take my sims out on outings. Very rarely take them to community lots. I guess I'm just lazy because I always try to find an excuse to not take them. I do however spend lots of time building and decorating them in hopes of using them.

I don't play with supernatural sims unless you count aliens. Which imo don't really count since they're like any other sim.

I don't play with same sex couples. Nothing against them I've just never played sims that way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:28 AM
I just remembered one more major thing. I don't build houses (or any other type of buildings) I usually move in my Sims into one of the premade houses, then I'll just furnish it to their taste, or if need be, change the inside room placement, but the basic shell will stay the same. I can't do roofs to save my life
Instructor
#34 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:13 AM
I've never:

- fullfilled lifetime wants
- got my sims obducted by aliens and intentionally got them to have alien babies
- got my adult sims to have twins because i usually just have 1 baby, raise them to a child then get them to make another baby because it's easier only dealing with 1 baby and toddler at a time.
- intentionally grew up my sims unhappy to make the the game more "interesting" but i don't take any pleasure in even causing sims any harm (if feel very guilty afterwards).
-had my sims turned into a witch, werewolf or vampire
- Got my sims to own a full working buisness, i tried with a small one but i was no good at it they never made it to become a huge buisness.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:13 AM
[*]same-sex couples - which is very funny actually, because I'm not straight myself, but I like to play family Sims who reproduce naturally I do sometimes pair Nervous + Pascal though, and I've had Nina pick up a cute postwoman before [*]most of the Supernaturals - except aliens (which I LOVE )

Ooh, you should totally get the mod that allows same genders to reproduce - it blends their genes as though it were male-female union, regardless of the actual genders involved. I've justified it as the result of shared technology between aliens and the Earth government, which was part of the agreement that led to alien settlement (such as in Strangetown - see, it makes sense!). I rarely used to make gay families, as the EA adoptables were usually a bit disappointing and because one of my favourite parts of the game was mingling the genetics and seeing what happened next; this mod has allowed true love to flourish wherever it may in my neighbourhoods and opened up a huge tangle of new possible genetic minglings (Ajay Loner and Buzz Grunt? Yes, please! Don Lothario and Mortimer Goth - now, that's a wedding day you'll not want to miss )

Anyway, it's by TwoJeffs, if you're interested in having a try:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0

I highly recommend it - really good fun and adds a whole new family-making option to the game!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:33 AM
scarletwings, while this is a good idea, I'm reluctant about installing any new mods - I've had so many issues related to mods lately, for some reason my game doesn't take them too well, so I try to avoid all but a few I consider essential. I do think though there's an option to get a Sim pregnant through tombstone of L&D and you can choose any other Sim, including those of the same sex... I've never tested it though, so I'm not 100% sure how it works.
Scholar
#37 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:13 PM
* Cheating - I don't condone it IRL, so I'm not having my Sims do it, either.

* Interact with College NPCs on Purpose - calls get stopped, the house/dorm is locked so no stupid mascot can come in or get into contact with my guys... if they do, it's Rodney's Death Creator time!

* Learn the Teleport Technique "naturally" - ever since I got the Book of Talents mod, I use that to learn how to teleport. Mostly cause it annoyed me to have my Sim stand there and scan the place for the ninja, then answer a question where the "right" answer is random.

* Lived in an Apartment - although I do want to try it, now that I have AL.

C-A
Scholar
#38 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:33 PM
Let's see:
Never gone on vacation
Never had werewolves
Never gotten past the 2nd generation
Never played Desiderata Valley
Never been to a hobby lot
Mad Poster
#39 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Used a cowplant (and likely never will. They kind of squick me, honestly, especially the "drinking their essence" aspect. I know they're only pixels, but...*shrug*)
Managed to fulfill a pet-breeding LTW (and likely never will; I don't use pets a lot.)

Has anyone kept a cowplant as just a pet and fed it often enough that it doesn't want to eat sims?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:20 AM
I have never:
had vampires, plantisms, werewolves, aliens, or servos in my game
had a sim join a secret society
had a sim be able to join the garden club----just not good with plants in RL or Sim land.
never had a sim pick pocketed---I always stop them from interacting with him
never had any sims die by flies, satellite, or the flu.
had a sims complete all the vacation memories.
never had a sim meet big foot
Forum Resident
#41 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:25 AM
I never save the game if someone dies in an accident and I hadn't planned for that Sim to die.
Instructor
#42 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Let's see:
Never gone on vacation
Never had werewolves
Never gotten past the 2nd generation
Never played Desiderata Valley
Never been to a hobby lot

Desiderata Valley is great! it's the neighbourhood they made to teach you about hobbies so there is a lot of groovy sims there, perfect place to create a hippy family or sims with unusual talents, Desiderata is my favorite neighbourhood now .
Mad Poster
#43 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:06 PM Last edited by gazania : 25th Sep 2014 at 2:33 PM.
I could have sworn I answered a thread like this somewhere, but in all the posts here and in my profile, I can't find it. And that's a good thing. It's good to see this forum still bustling, thanks in great part to the UC.

There are actually one or two hood- corrupting things I haven't done ... and don't intend to start now!
Never filled any pet-related LTWs, and if they come up, I use the Batbox to reroll them. Ditto for the multi-business one. I think the most businesses I've had a single Sim run is three, and they have never become completely successful.
Never purposely made werewolves
Never had a zombie, or made one.
Never had a Sim pick-pocketed. See the probably too-long explanation below.
Never interacted with the witch doctor. My daughter and I have both had unfortunate instances where the game burped and once in a long while, we've had strange stuff happening with the non-playable NPCs (these glitches might have been due to a certain CC mod, and I got rid of it, but we're by no means 100% certain that was the cause, since this glitch is so very, very random), so our policy is to pretty much stay away from them and have the Visitor Controller on all lots, just in case.
Never played any pre-mades in the family bin.
Never used the largest Maxis house in the house bin.
Never completed the bug collection ... even with the mod that allows me to do so.
Never completed vacation memories.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Has anyone kept a cowplant as just a pet and fed it often enough that it doesn't want to eat sims?

Yes! And it accidentally killed a sim walking by. However, I made a story out of it, so the kid was supposed to fall in love with her ghost and ressurect her, lol. I did put fence around the plant later. It was the first time I played with a cow-plant so I honestly didn't know sim were that stupid. And no, the fence around them at the secret societies didn't make me any less clueless
I can totally see an evil sim keeping a cow-plant for other intensions though.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:55 PM
I have yet to;
- Fulfill a breed 20 puppies/kittens want OR a 20 pet best friends
- Play around with werewolves for more than one sim day..
- Play with zombies
- Fulfill an eat 200 grilled cheese sandwiches want

And I usually avoid vacations, but I'm thinking about trying it if it fits the story. Hm, there's probably more things, but I can't think about anything more right now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chammalia
Yes! And it accidentally killed a sim walking by. However, I made a story out of it, so the kid was supposed to fall in love with her ghost and ressurect her, lol. I did put fence around the plant later. It was the first time I played with a cow-plant so I honestly didn't know sim were that stupid. And no, the fence around them at the secret societies didn't make me any less clueless
I can totally see an evil sim keeping a cow-plant for other intensions though.

Woah, I was always scared to get the cowplant too, but I forgot about putting a fence around it Maybe I'll actually get one if a Sim gets far enough in that career (natural science? I think) then put a fence around it and only remove it when I actually want to kill someone
Link Ninja
#47 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:51 PM
Mainly just never played with supernaturals.

I'm sure I have never done a bunch of little things though like used an object or called a service.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#48 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:04 PM
Money Cheats are never, ever used in my hoods because they just... I'm the kind of person who works for what they want. If I want something expensive, by golly, I'm going to work for it. It's so much more satisfying when my Sims earn a fortune all on their own merit (and my intervention, because we all know that if a Sim were to be left to their own devices, they would spend all day playing video games)

I also rarely have more than one type of supernatural Sim at any one time. In fact, the last time I played (it's been a while since I've been working and then in trade school) I had only just had my first ever PlantSim. The same also goes for other types of Sims. I like to focus more on making each Sim be their own "person" or so I guess I could call it that. No Sim is exactly the same. I give each their own little story which develops as I play (I don't write down "Oh this Sim is going to be a womanizer.) because I have had romance Sims who were intensely loyal to their life-partner, and others who were cheating SOBs. Sometimes as I play something comes up that I just go with, and develop their character from there. Did I intend to have the Siepans Patriarch become a cheat and a liar from the get go? No, I only intended to make him a lazy idiot who would rather woohoo his wife all day than do anything else. But then he met another female sim, and wanted to woohoo her so I decided to go with that want.

I also haven't actually had any robots made in any of my games, but not because I didn't intend to. In fact, I was working toward the point of getting more of my Sims to create and sell items to the public when I lost Huzat Village.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
#49 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:30 PM Last edited by Sparrow : 26th Sep 2014 at 10:44 PM.
I never let my sims age, I always play with aging off. Especially when it comes to some of the young ones in my neighborhoods. I adore them in their tyke stage. Even though I do wanna try having a multi generation family one of these days..

Never played werewolves or let any of my sims become one. I did try but I found them boring so I just pretend like they were never part of the game to begin with.

Never played a plantsim nor alien before. I just never tried.

Never allowed a male sim to get pregnant. I want to keep my game as realistic as possible with little hints of supernatural activity ie vamps and witches.

Never had a servo.

Don't have cowplants.

And I have never built anything. I have been playing Sims 2 since it was first released in '04 and to this day never once built any type of lot.
Page 2 of 3