Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Hidden Lot Entrances

by Snaitf Posted 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:45 PM - Updated 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:58 AM by Snaitf

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:06 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:26 PM
Just put them in my game and they work perfectly, got to Sylvan Glades despite being on the other map. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:47 PM
Great job!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:49 PM
Gracias, lo probaré en el juego.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:55 PM
Hello, I would like to buy and change mailboxes listed on the various sites. See if there is a way or trick mods. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:37 PM
neat, thanx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 5:20 PM
You ARE freaking BRILJANT
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM
I cannot get these to work. Will not load into game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:24 PM
Thank you.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Timbro427
I cannot get these to work. Will not load into game.

So, you downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it, placed the .package file into your mods directory, loaded the game and saw that Snaitf_Buyable_Hidden_Lot_Entrances is in your mods list, went into buy mode, went to By Function - Decoration - Miscellaneous and scrolled down a little (or searched for them, i suggest using the keyword 'entrance') , and they still weren't there?

If not, I don't know what I can say, you seem to be the only one having problems with these particular items.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:54 PM
Alice in Wonderland is begging to be made with this mod. Especially with the ability to gigantize objects.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM
This is fabulous! However, it is also a spoiler! Now, I know. hahaha... My curator, Joey, thanks you. :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:15 PM
Downloaded and unzipped, placed in mods directory. It will not show up in mods list on loading the game. The ponds will not show up either.

Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
So, you downloaded the .zip file, unzipped it, placed the .package file into your mods directory, loaded the game and saw that Snaitf_Buyable_Hidden_Lot_Entrances is in your mods list, went into buy mode, went to By Function - Decoration - Miscellaneous and scrolled down a little (or searched for them, i suggest using the keyword 'entrance') , and they still weren't there?

If not, I don't know what I can say, you seem to be the only one having problems with these particular items.
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM
Downloaded and unzipped, placed in mods directory. It will not show up in mods list on loading the game. The ponds will not show up either.

Hmm, if they don't show up in your mods list, then the game isn't recognizing that they are there at all. Are you putting them directly into your mods folder, or are you putting them into a sub-folder under mods? If it's the latter, have you made sure to edit your resources.cfg file? Have you been able to get other downloads to work, like clothing or game mods? I once read someone moved all their mods out of their mod folder, deleted the folder, ran the game so it made a new mods folder, and moved the mods back, then they started to work, maybe try that? If nothing seems to work, maybe try asking in the forums, perhaps someone else has had a similar problem and knows more than I about how to fix it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:31 AM
Great job!
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:24 AM
Thanks for being so helpful. I did what you said and that worked. Now seeing everything in buy mode. Ponds work. Get a script call fail on the entrances.

Hmm, if they don't show up in your mods list, then the game isn't recognizing that they are there at all. Are you putting them directly into your mods folder, or are you putting them into a sub-folder under mods? If it's the latter, have you made sure to edit your resources.cfg file? Have you been able to get other downloads to work, like clothing or game mods? I once read someone moved all their mods out of their mod folder, deleted the folder, ran the game so it made a new mods folder, and moved the mods back, then they started to work, maybe try that? If nothing seems to work, maybe try asking in the forums, perhaps someone else has had a similar problem and knows more than I about how to fix it.
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:51 AM
Thanks for being so helpful. I did what you said and that worked. Now seeing everything in buy mode. Ponds work. Get a script call fail on the entrances.

In the options, there is a place to enable script mods, maybe try that. (You'll have to exit the game and restart after changing the option.)

Edit: I tried turning off script mods in my game, restarted, and they both still work fine, so it's probably not that. Honesty, I don't know what's going on, I've never seen a script call fail before, so I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it for you, sorry.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:13 AM
In the options, there is a place to enable script mods, maybe try that. (You'll have to exit the game and restart after changing the option.)

Edit: I tried turning off script mods in my game, restarted, and they both still work fine, so it's probably not that. Honesty, I don't know what's going on, I've never seen a script call fail before, so I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it for you, sorry.

I'm getting the same "script mod fail" error message when trying to place the tree or the cave. Could it have to do with my files being in a subfolder?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 8:09 AM
Great idea!
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mythchick
I'm getting the same "script mod fail" error message when trying to place the tree or the cave. Could it have to do with my files being in a subfolder?

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out. Try this: Create a folder in your mods directory called "unpackedmod" (no quotes), then edit your resource.cfg file and include the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" (no quotes) at the bottom. Now any installed .xml tuning mods should work.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:29 PM
Hi there to place it in a garden? is that at home I do not get anything, sorry for my English barely :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 11:31 AM
Awesome. Cheers for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:08 AM
This is awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 6:07 AM
Please do not laugh at me, I have not made any items for the Sims 3 or 4.
Where would I find the resource.cfg file and could you write it out here the way it needs to be written. I can not even find the tree in my game. Whaaaa!!!! I feel like a dummy.Also once you have the folder in our mod directory we place the down loaded file in that folder??? I will check back here tomorrow to see your answer. Thank you in advance,
Page 1 of 3