Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:29 PM
I don't mind the visitors, but the coming and going is annoying and I've gotten to where I just ignore them.
If they're going to come over, once a day and stay for a few hours would be better than 3+ times/day and only staying for a few minutes each time.

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:03 PM
I like it. It's hard not to answer that door, though.
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:20 PM
Something seems off in the numbers, like everyone else I have sims knocking on my door all the time. Once in a while a sim will actually call and ask to come over, it's nice to know that they occasionally use manners.

But one time someone called my sim and invited him over to HER place, I didn't even know they could do that! Once, in roughly 100 hours of play time, someone invited me to their house.

In the evenings I sometimes see groups people walking down the street in formal wear, I always assumed the game was just pretending they had an event to attend, but now I wonder if they're actually hosting parties and I'm not getting my invitation.
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:47 PM
I've began having this problem with my new household.

Sims, friends and total strangers will show up. I'll let them in because why not, they'll talk to my sim or go on the computer, then after a bit (usually) they leave, but not too long after they just waltz back in, without even asking.

It happens /every day/ and it's bugging me.

I don't mind having visitors, it's nice but every day - by the same people, and occasionally face...it's annoying.

Has there been a mod made or anything??
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 9:42 PM
My response to this is to surround the property with a fence and lock the gates. The visitors, unfortunately, gather outside the gate on the sidewalk and street and lately they've stood there forever, through the night even until they topple over in sleep. This also becomes a problem with the welcoming committee because they drop the ^%$#@!! fruitcake on the sidewalk or street - and you can't grab it and trash it. You have to get your sim to do that and they REALLY REALLY want to eat some first (sigh). Nevertheless, I still prefer a locked gate.
Test Subject
#31 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 12:42 AM
For me it was someone knocking on door as I walked off lot to work. Next day girlfriend calls for date 10 min before I go to work that day
Scholar
#32 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 2:26 AM
I have a lot of family-guests coming over on the weekends, I presumed that this was because I downloaded the mod that prevents strangers from visiting and replaces them with family. For me, this is perfect, because it saves me from having to decide who to invite over, how many to invite, they just show up!
Mad Poster
#33 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:07 AM
I haven't had issues with overly friendly friends, except in the City where I gave them keys. The friends with keys stop by all the time, but never stay very long. I play with it since it's there and try to entertain them. Otherwise, friends walk by neighborhood houses and I can interact with them or not. The calls can also be ignored. It's just an opportunity.

How awful to have unwanted Sims simply enter your home as if they have the right. I did find out that I can lock the doors at night and prevent vampire attacks.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 2 of 2