Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 8:54 AM
Default Key bindings configuable? Help please!
Ive searched through the FAQs, and 30 pages of support, and i evidently am the first person to be troubled by the default hotkeys. I really, really would like to redefine the keyboard bindings (hotkeys) for this game. As this feature had been a standard since 1983, I cant see why maxis cant trust us with this feature in the options menu. Does anyone know how to change the key binds? I cant find a .ini file to edit. Thanks.
Advertisement
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 8:10 PM
Not doable unfortunately =/ I also have a real problem with games that don't allow key re-binding. Its not so important in a Sim game but I am forever having to cancel quit because I try and move left with the Q key =D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 8:35 PM
Thanks for the reply, but your news is rotten. Yeah, its the bloody Q key that causes me the most drama. I try to rotate with it, then am always tempted to click "NO i dont want to quit", which is actually "NO i dont want to save". Oh well...