Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:50 PM
Default Kill all townies
I started a new game in a brand new world. There are only 4 families living in there and i play them in rotation. The thing is I want them to be a closed community, I don't want to see any weirdos sims walking around, and I don't want my sim kids bring townies home after school.

I already installed pescado's mod to stop the generation of new townies, and i killed a lot of townies with a cheat, but my kids still bring home townies, and i see a lot of townies walking by. I just want to get rid of them, is there something else i can do?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:09 PM
there are mods to stop townies coming home with your playables from work and school, some NPCs will inevitably generate with community lots but there are mods to pretty much suppress all of them.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Simonut : 25th Nov 2014 at 11:28 PM.
@>> CooCooCoo >> You maybe should think twice about Killing all townies. They are really an important part of the game, for example when you send a Sims to a community lot sometime not all of your prefer Sims that live in the neighborhood will show up. So if no other prefer Sims that you like is not there the townies will keep things going in the community lots.

Some townies comes with very good jobs Your prefer Sims need other friends, more so the "popular" Sims they get tired of the same "old" faces.
Also Sims that do not have friends find friends with townies walkby or the computer by having a chat on line, with townies.

It is your game so you do have that choice to play as you please as to what make you happy. But the townies also have their part in the game other wise Maxis would never have added the townies to the game at all, if they was not needed. Even in "Real" life you have townies walking in the neighborhood unless you are living way- out- in- no- man- land.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:57 PM
You don't actually need townies. I have a sims 2 folder with no townies and the game plays fine. That is why people use clean and empty templates. Sometimes it's fun to have townies and other times it's fun to have custom townies or just the regular townies, there are no rules. if you set it up right you can have different hoods with all three configurations; no townies, custom townies or regular townies. Coral Bay that I am playing now has no townies. It makes the playables into a very close knit community.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:24 AM
That's right Jo, Little Carping had no townies for, literally, years - until I got bored and wanted a change.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:30 AM Last edited by iCad : 26th Nov 2014 at 2:32 AM.
The only thing you can do get rid of all townies once they've already been generated is to kill them all systematically, once you have no-regen mods in place. I myself kill townies when a playable dies of old age, anyone they're friends with who are also elders. I don't have no-regen mods in place, so replacements for those I kill are spawned, which is what I want to happen. That way, a person who was friends with a playable won't end up being friends with that playable's great-great-great grandchildren, too.

Anyway, what I do is, in every neighborhood there's a small lot. On it lives a Sim I create but never play. Among other things, he/she serves as the neighborhood's gravekeeper, who owns the town's cemetery(s), moving graves via his/her inventory from residential lots to the cemetery he/she owns. But also, the lot he/she "lives" on is a place where I do various "administrative" things to the neighborhood. Like, temporarily move in new playables (or townies) so that I can adjust their appearance or skills or what-have-you, or age them up/down, before I move them into their actual lot. It's also the lot I use to do my killin'. I summon the doomed ones to the lot with the Sim Blender, and use the Death Creator to kill them of old age. Then I put the game on fast-forward (the lot has aging and motive decay turned off) and wait for the ghosts to generate. Then the graves get moved to cemeteries. This is how I end up with lots and lots of graves.

You could do something like that on a wide scale to get rid of all your townies, but it would be quite the project. If you don't want to see them on your lots, it'd be easier to just ban them from all your lots, residential and community, using the Visitor Controller. And, like others have said the game will still generate necessary NPCs (Mail carriers, gardeners, newspaper carriers, nannies, etc.)

Really, if you want to play a closed community, your best bet is empty templates, but you'd have to start your neighborhood over to use them.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 12:41 AM
You can also ban townies via the visitor controller or the business selector. Dead or alive those character files are still there and really what you want is to not see them correct? Next time you want a hood with no townies you can set up before hand. I should say Coral Bay does have a few BV townies as that is the only template I kept in, but as soon as they showed up (didn't think they would show up outside the BV destinations) I used one of those mods I mentioned to keep them from showing up at my shops. Unlike the clean and empty template method I used Esme's method which simply removes the templates altogether no templates added at all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
i killed a lot of townies with a cheat,

What cheat? i hope it was not..Delete all characters?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:20 AM
Or the cheat "Kill all townies" as we believe that may also be deleting them not killing them. Dead sims leave tomb stones, so if you have none they are deleted and your hood is now very corrupt. If you have done that, now would be a good time to scrap the hood and start off fresh.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:23 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Kill All Townies is Delete All Townies in disguise and is, therefore, a VBT.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 2:30 AM
Yeah, if that was the cheat the OP used to kill townies, then if I were them, I'd just get the empty templates and start over because their neighborhood is toast, anyway. But if that's NOT the case... Then the OP needs to add the family bin sims to their kill list, because they can be brought home from work/school, etc. I move them onto my "administrative" lot and townify them, but they could also be killed there.

Or, if they don't go to the effort of killing everyone and just ban them instead, I believe townies will still be brought home from work/school, but the Visitor Controller should teleport them away when it happens. The only thing is, the playable will then know that townie, have a relationship with them. I'm guessing this could be removed in SimPE, although I've never done that. Also, I believe townies can still call on the phone if banned? Or maybe not? I mean, I know the caller is actually summoned to the lot in an invisible fashion, so maybe not? I dunno. Never tried.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking the OP would be better off just getting the empty templates and re-creating their families to start over. Far less work.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:26 AM
What have you got against us? We keep hearing this sort of thing.

You won't let your children play with ours. You forbid your teens to date with our teens. You don't want us to work alongside you. You don't want us to walk past your houses. You don't want us to shop at the same shops as you do. What is wrong with us? Or is there something wrong with you?

Now some of you want to kill us all. Just what are we supposed to have done wrong?

We have our fears and aspirations just like you do. Don't we have a right to live too?

We are Yours Faithfully,

Gretchen Stompel, townie, Veronaville
Regina Tsvirkunov, townie, Veronaville
Jonathan Ternynck, townie, Veronaville
Leonid Fuchs, Downtownie, Downtown, Veronaville
Jan Tellerman, townie, Pleasantview
Komei Tellerman, townie, Pleasantview
Meadow Thayer, townie, Pleasantview
Crystal Vu, townie, Strangetown
Heath London, townie, Strangetown
Claire Dalton, townie, Teston Woods
Liam O'Donnell, townie, New Desconia
Aidan Jamieson, townie, New Desconia

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:50 AM
I also read that was a mod that would age all townies on community lots at 6:00 PM. I think it's at Simobiology. I personally like townies. My game wouldn't be complete without Goopy.
Inventor
#14 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:57 AM
Once I tried to avoid townies as much as possible as well. Didn't want to use any of them for anything at all.
'Oh, you did come home from school with my child sim, well, you can go to your own house right away, bye!'
'You want to chat with my sim at the mall? Don't think so! Cancel action. Etc.
I just wanted to reproduce my sims and have a close community with them.
I didn't go that far to make sure townies weren't spawned or to kill them. (Okay, I've killed two, but that fitted my story at the time.)
I basically played the ignore and cut-off game.
But I've learned to appreciate them a little bit better.
They can come in very handy when you're looking for extra friends for your sims.
Or when you can't find any suitable partner for one of your sims, but that one townie does hit it off with him or her.
Then I use them and I don't cancel townie chatting at shops anymore either. I've let that go.
And some sims can come home with my sims children. Like Olaf Bertels in my Cornerhill hood.
So, I changed my ways a bit.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:32 AM
School Bus/Bring Friend & Homework Hacks

You'll also receive a dialog when kids/teens want to bring someone home from school asking you if this is okay. If you say no, the sims will still get the 20/20 relationship boost but the sim won't come over. Choose cancel and the sim won't come over and you won't get the automatic relationship boost either.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 3:29 PM
CooCoo, what exact cheat did you type in, and what is the name of the hack you have from Pescado? Do you know how to replace your neighbourhoods with clean templates to avoid townies from being created?

My opinion - I like townies, but I like them under MY control. I don't like hundreds of townies being spawned with every hood, that is just excessive. I don't like townies who are clones in every single hood, that is both boring, and kind of creepy.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:48 PM
Hi everybody.

To kill the townies I used testingcheats and spawned a npc controller(or something like that, it looks like repoman gun). Then with that objects I used the option kill all townies. The townies started spawning on the lot (it's a special lot i created for this purpose) and they started dying from starvation on the lot. The kids couldn't die so I had to kill them with fire. The graves of the townies still remain on the lot and they have ghosts so i believe my town is not corrupted so far since no sim data was deleted, I believe.

Quote:
. Among other things, he/she serves as the neighborhood's gravekeeper, who owns the town's cemetery(s), moving graves via his/her inventory from residential lots to the cemetery he/she owns. But also, the lot he/she "lives" on is a place where I do various "administrative" things to the neighborhood.

I like that idea, I think I will do that with the lot where I killed all my townies.

Quote:
Then the OP needs to add the family bin sims to their kill list, because they can be brought home from work/school, etc

I didn't know that! I will procced to kill them too

Quote:
School Bus/Bring Friend & Homework Hacks

You'll also receive a dialog when kids/teens want to bring someone home from school asking you if this is okay. If you say no, the sims will still get the 20/20 relationship boost but the sim won't come over. Choose cancel and the sim won't come over and you won't get the automatic relationship boost either.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0

This is great, thank you!!

I usually don't mind the townies when i play in other towns, but here I want to make a closed community, and I really hate it when the kids bring random sims from school, so I want to have the minimum ammount of townies. I don't mind if my community lots will be empty. Actually so far I only have one community lot, and it's a shop owned by one family. I also don't mind about the friends for the job, because my sims usually stop getting promotions when they're in the middle of the carrer, lvl 6. I just like my sims to relax lol

Thank for your replies, you gave me good ideas
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You don't actually need townies. I have a sims 2 folder with no townies and the game plays fine. That is why people use clean and empty templates. Sometimes it's fun to have townies and other times it's fun to have custom townies or just the regular townies, there are no rules. if you set it up right you can have different hoods with all three configurations; no townies, custom townies or regular townies. Coral Bay that I am playing now has no townies. It makes the playables into a very close knit community.

I've never played with no townies Jo, but it sounds like this could be fun. Did you also eliminate service NPCs, witches, vamps, or the townies that generate with like apartments and such things?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 8:56 PM
No, you can't eliminate NPC's. The game will produce one when one is needed, so the paper girl/boy gets made first. All the NPC's are unique to that hood though. If you use Anti-Redundancy it should keep them down to one of each type unless another one is needed. I did remove the AL template not sure what that would do to the witches, but a bad warlock has spawned. First time I ever had a game generated warlock. I am expecting them not to have a lot though. The only template I kept in was BV due to the secret lots.
I'm still debating if I should try and make the service NCP's look like playables through sim surgery. I know some people have done this but I never have.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:09 PM Last edited by maxon : 26th Nov 2014 at 10:00 PM.
The game makes all NPCs as you need them- using the no respawn hacks will keep them down to one as Jo said though - you will get both a good and bad witch and likely more than one driver (if you have a cab on lot at the same time as the school bus, for example, you will get two). BV NPCs can be generated - as my (and Esme's) little experiment showed. No need to keep BV unless you want to use the EAxis destinations I guess. I certainly didn't with Little Carping but the NPCs generated once I went to the secret lots (as expected). The apartment townies are a PITA but you can avoid them by using the 'use a townie as an apartment dweller' hack but this means you need townies in the hood (you can make your own though which is what I did for LC except for the first few - the hack came out after Little Carping was first initiated). One thing I do with Little Carping is clone over the NPCs with copies of my characters so it looks as though one of the current teenagers has a job delivering papers - that actual teenager will also have a (custom) job as a newspaper deliverer for the local newsagent. The local policeman is a copy of George Grant (in the police career), while the burglar is a facsimile of Fergus Crims - and now Jessica Ebadi (I somehow got two, not sure why but it works because both of them are criminals).

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:21 PM
I did this just as you guys were experimenting with the BV secret lots. That was why I kept it in, not because I like BV lots or townies. If I was doing it now I might have a crack at making the special lot if I had that thread to refer to.

I have no townies spawning for my apartments by using 'No Townie Neighbours' https://www.modthesims.info/d/511564 The other flats simply stay empty.

Quote:
One thing I do with Little Carping is clone over the NPCs with copies of my characters so it looks as though one of the current teenagers has a job delivering papers - that actual teenager will also have a (custom) job as a newspaper deliverer for the local newsagent. The local policeman is a copy of George Grant, while the burglar is a facsimile of Fergus Crims - and now Jessica Ebadi (I somehow got two, not sure why but it works because both of them are criminals).

That was what I was thinking of doing only I am not 100% sure how that is done and it always makes me twitchy to open SimPE and not be sure of what I am doing, so I tend to not unless i have a very good tutorial. Also the teen will grow up from being able to deliver newspapers rather quickly.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#22 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:42 PM
how may families do you guys start with for closed neighborhods and do you make multi-generational families to start?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:52 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 26th Nov 2014 at 10:03 PM.
One closed hood I have is a grass roots hippie type island. That has five couples, no townies, but I am not adverse to adding in more CAS sims if need be. They use solar power, have no 'jobs', trade goods and have no cash. The bills and paper don't get delivered. So if your child needs an outfit you would go over to the sewing lady and offer her some fish, milk from the goat, wood or something else and she will make the new outfit.

My new integrated hood will have playables added as needed to run the shops. So far that have the B&B couple (where all new sims stay) Mayor and nurse couple, the farm couple, police station couple, fire station couple, minister and wife couple, restaurant owning couple, bank owner and teacher couple, and just moved in is the post office and receptionist couple. One of the B&B couple is lined up to be a reporter and the Dr's other half is a waiter. The hood is so new I consider these to all be my back story sims and they are all currently or about to have babies and toddlers.

You will find the smaller your population the more they live in each others houses. With my island hood it's nothing to see a neighbour use the bathtub and sleep in a bed or tend to a baby or toddler. They do long distance greats where they wave from the front and back yard or they simply walk in and join the meal. I also made two, brother sister pairs, so some are related or inlaws. I didn't really think how this would work for later marriages. I guess they will need new blood at some point.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That was what I was thinking of doing only I am not 100% sure how that is done and it always makes me twitchy to open SimPE and not be sure of what I am doing, so I tend to not unless i have a very good tutorial. Also the teen will grow up from being able to deliver newspapers rather quickly.

1. Load your neighbourhood in SimPE.
2. Use the Sim Surgery tool (Tools>Sim Surgery)
3. Locate the sim you want to change and press the 'use' link in the Patient Sim panel
4. Locate the sim whose appearance you want to use and press the 'use' link in the Archetype Sim panel
5. Press Surgery!
6. Done - don't forget to save.

Of course, this does not change the genetics and if you want to use the sim for their genetics, you would need to change those elsewhere in Sim Description though why you would do this when you have a live playable copy of the sim to use instead I don't know. I never play or use the genetics of any of my NPCs - townies/downtownies/apartment dwellers/Job NPCs even Universals - so this is not an issue for me. I also change the name but to avoid confusion when playing another family, I also append their job title to the NPC's name so George Grant's simulcrum is called George Grant Policeperson.

Regarding numbers of families to start: one issue with starting with only a few is interbreeding. Because you match up Sim A from Family 1 with Sim B from Family 2, this means that any child of that couple can't marry/dally with any progeny from either family (related) so they have to look at Family 3 or 4. Not a problem with the first few generations but you need to watch it because you can get to a stage where options are limited, especially if you're like me and your sims have liaisons em..., shall we say beyond the acceptable social norms? (Little Carping is a hot bed of scandal, let me tell you. A HOT BED ).

Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:35 PM
I started with 8 sims, 4 females, 4 males. I put them all in the same house and played for a couple o days, naturally sims started interacting with each other and it became clear which sims "clicked" more. This way I made 4 couples and moved them in separate lots. One family is dedicating to fishing, another to gardening and one to sewing. So far i'm having fun, but I will be needing more mods in the future since i'm starting to face some limitations(need more realistic gardening)
Page 1 of 2