Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 11:38 PM
I've never taken the tradition of decorating my Sim's homes during the Holiday season. Maybe it's time for a change? I have the Happy Holidays Stuff Pack, so I can do it right now....
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:05 AM
Happy Holidays ... sigh.

Unless I want Freaky Santa again, I'm afraid my Sims will have to miss seeing him or Baby New Year before I do the reinstall. (I'm missing half the HH clothes as well.) And because of other reasons, if I have to reinstall, I'm getting rid of all hoods. I won't try to save them. But thanks to lots of CC, my Sims can at least have a pleasant holiday before their Apocalypse!

I will try one more thing, but it is a long shot. To say that I sincerely doubt it will work is an understatement, but you never know. Perhaps my Sims may experience a holiday miracle.

(Glowers at EA/Maxis because Happy Holidays is apparently the only EP/SP where you have to resintall the whole game if the EP/SP gets wonky.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:35 AM
The most I do is switch out the regular radio for the Snowman Radio (It's so cute!), so that when playing, I can listen to the Christmas tunes around Christmas time.

I always thought it would be cool to decorate the community lots a bit to reflect the holidays, but in my game the seasons go by so fast, it doesn't seem worth the effort.
Theorist
#29 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
Totally off topic but I will add it anyway.
I prefer this dance far more.
Great show, have watched every single episode and was sad it ended.

Best dance ever!
http://darkestdawn.tumblr.com/post/...est-ever-season

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 4:21 AM
Since I played with aging off, I change the seasons once a month, so in a years time, my game goes through all seasons 3 times. And yes they have all holidays when its time for them to roll around. Even the community lots get decorated.

Since it is the right time for once. Happy Thanksgiving from my sims to your sims.
Screenshots
Instructor
#31 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 4:50 AM
We have Thanksgiving in Canada too, eh? In October, though! Heh, heh. I love decorating and celebrating the holidays with my Sims -- very fun!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 5:33 AM
It's summer Christmas here too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 5:56 AM
You're in NZ, right? Has it been hot over there? It's been terrible over here. Today has been the first reasonable day in two weeks. I think Christmas will be a scorcher. What amuses me about Christmas is how people cling to the snow. Spray can snow, plastic snow men, snow flake window stickers. I always remember when my daughter was five and we drove around to look at Christmas lights and she asked me why people had snowmen and stuff when it was so hot lol. I wonder why too. Apart from the occasional boomer pulled sled or singlet and thong wearing (thongs are flip flops for the American's!) Santa it's snow stuff all the way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:00 PM
Oh god. Thong wearing Santa? My eyes cannot unsee that!

It's just getting hot here now. It was boiling today, but winter has been clinging on.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:20 PM
Lol, thanks for that picture-not! Where on earth did you find him?!

You are lucky, we have had days of 35-40C.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#36 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 2:59 PM
Google can and will find anything.
Theorist
#37 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

It's just getting hot here now. It was boiling today, but winter has been clinging on.

My eyes! My eyes!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to those of you (including your Sims) celebrating it today.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

@>>Charity >> I love your Santa picture, I know most Santa are "fat" but give me a break Santa had a whole year to get his butt into shape? Is this his gift to all us members his naked behind.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#39 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Charity : 29th Nov 2014 at 3:27 AM.
Santa only works one day a year. All the rest of the time he sits on his ass and watches the elves make toys lol.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
Since I played with aging off, I change the seasons once a month, so in a years time, my game goes through all seasons 3 times. And yes they have all holidays when its time for them to roll around. Even the community lots get decorated.

Since it is the right time for once. Happy Thanksgiving from my sims to your sims.

@>>Rusty55 >> I "really" love your Sims family picture wonderful gathering for the holidays seasons.

Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 11:22 PM
Right now I only have the one family, my royal family. Just this morning (day after Thanksgiving!) I decorated the castle all fancy for Christmas. I plan to do their Christmas the first time I play after our Christmas. I don't have Happy Holiday Stuff, but I have plenty of cc, including openable and functional gifts that I've been giving everyone on their birthdays. So the whole family will also get gifts for Christmas! I do think it would be nice to have the ball (to choose the heir's bride) while the Christmas decorations are still up, but with how often I play these days, I just don't see it happening, as there are still twenty-four days until he ages to adult.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:15 AM
I'm glad you posted this Simonut, since Coral bay has two summers I've decided Christmas will be a big thing. They have plenty of time to decorate and leave them up with a double season. I think part of why I don't normally bother is one season is too short. Only no thong wearing Santa's. Santa can go surfing, swig a beer and cook up some prawns on the barbie. :D

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@>>Rusty55 >> I "really" love your Sims family picture wonderful gathering for the holidays seasons.

Thank you. By next weekend all my families should have their Thanksgiving over and then on to decorating the town for Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever else they celebrate.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:17 PM
I absolutely love hosting holiday parties for my sims! One of my favourite things to do is to play with a large family (the Capps, for example) and invite them all to enjoy a lovely Christmas dinner, complete with at least six different home-made dishes which they enjoy in the candle-lit dining room. There's gifts too, of course, but what I like the most is the atmosphere - all the family together wishing each other a merry Christmas, sitting around the Christmas tree...
I haven't been a part of such celebrations in real life since my early childhood so I really enjoy it when I can give my sims something that my own life is lacking
Mad Poster
#45 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 6:07 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 30th Nov 2014 at 10:49 PM.
Thanksgiving is an American holiday and I didn't give it a thought until this thread started. But then I started thinking. It just happens to coincide with my game's second anniversary. I installed the game on 27th November 2012, created my first CC clothing on the 29th, and created Andrew and Gloria Jones on 30th November. Now I understand (our American friends can keep us right) that the Thanksgiving holiday commemorates the Pilgrim Fathers giving thanks to God because some of them had survived their first year in the New World. Now my Sims have made it through their first two years with everybody still alive, and no incinerated neighbourhoods, despite having to contend with me as a rookie player. So I think they have quite a lot to give thanks for too. I think there must have been a guardian angel protecting my Sims in their early days, because I certainly had very little idea of what to do! So I think a Thanksgiving Meal is in order for Andrew and Gloria for tomorrow!

[EDIT-30th November]The Jones family in Veronaville, Andrew and Gloria, got their Thanksgiving Meal, but it wasn't at all the well ordered affair that Thanksgiving apparently was for the Smith family in Rusty55's 'hood. (See post #30 above.)
(1) It's not a holiday in Veronaville so Gloria had to go to work and Andrew had to go to school. (2) There are only two seats at the Jones' dining table; their guests Julian (Andrew's boyfriend) and Ross (who had come home from school with Andrew) got these seats, so Andrew and Gloria ate theirs off their knees while sitting in the armchairs. (3) Andrew burnt the turkey! It was his first time cooking it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#46 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Thanksgiving is an American holiday and I didn't give it a thought until this thread started. But then I started thinking. It just happens to coincide with my game's second anniversary. I installed the game on 27th November 2012, created my first CC clothing on the 29th, and created Andrew and Gloria Jones on 30th November. Now I understand (our American friends can keep us right) that the Thanksgiving holiday commemorates the Pilgrim Fathers giving thanks to God because some of them had survived their first year in the New World. Now my Sims have made it through their first two years with everybody still alive, and no incinerated neighbourhoods, despite having to contend with me as a rookie player. So I think they have quite a lot to give thanks for too. I think there must have been a guardian angel protecting my Sims in their early days, because I certainly had very little idea of what to do! So I think a Thanksgiving Meal is in order for Andrew and Gloria for tomorrow!

[EDIT-30th November]The Jones family in Veronaville, Andrew and Gloria, got their Thanksgiving Meal, but it wasn't at all the well ordered affair that Thanksgiving apparently was for the Smith family in Rusty55's 'hood. (See post #30 above.)
(1) It's not a holiday in Veronaville so Gloria had to go to work and Andrew had to go to school. (2) There are only two seats at the Jones' dining table; their guests Julian (Andrew's boyfriend) and Ross (who had come home from school with Andrew) got these seats, so Andrew and Gloria ate theirs off their knees while sitting in the armchairs. (3) Andrew burnt the turkey! It was his first time cooking it.

@..AndrewGloria>> I like your story and picture, next time get a bigger table ( if your Sims can't afford the price of a bigger table use a money cheat ) it so nice when all Sims can sat at the table together and eat for any holiday you may want them to have or just for gathering with friends or family for lunch or dinner.

Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

Not all my sims had that nice of a meal on Thanksgiving. Not all of them can afford it. The sons in the photo above were spending the holiday with their parents and girlfriends. (The family in the pic actually are sims of my RL family. The two facing the camera are selfie's of myself and my girlfriend.)

If your sims can afford it long enough, buy a bigger table for the dinner and sell it when it is over. Kind of like rent to own or just renting it.

Oh dang, 2 more businesses for me to work out in my head. A RentTo Own Store, or one that just rents tables and chairs for parties.
#48 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:04 AM
I've done it before...Santa either brings you a teddy bear or a radio, depending on what tree you have. Oh, and if you leave the lights on a tree on for too long it'll burst into flames.

Honestly, it's kinda boring though. I've never had a Sim celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa though, has anyone done that before?

Oh and for Thanksgiving I made the Patel family bake a turkey.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@..AndrewGloria>> I like your story and picture, next time get a bigger table ( if your Sims can't afford the price of a bigger table use a money cheat ) it so nice when all Sims can sat at the table together and eat for any holiday you may want them to have or just for gathering with friends or family for lunch or dinner.
Gloria and Andrew could quite easily afford a new table; you may have read in another thread that she's just had a promotion with a substantial bonus. But they've had that table and the two chairs in the window alcove ever since they moved in, and I think they're rather attached to the arrangement. It's nice for cosy little meals together. I regularly use SetHour to give them longer to finish one of their intense conversations over breakfast. I'm sure they have no secrets from each other; it's the closed relationship between a mother and her teenage son that I've ever seen. And it's also ideal for Andrew to have an intimate meal with Julian when his mum is at work. But, if they're honest, they'd have to admit it doesn't work so well when they have visitors, as they usually do have. Both Andrew and Gloria have lots of friends, and there's nearly always somebody there. I think I'll have a word with Gloria and see if I can persuade her to buy a couple of extra dining chairs, and keep them in inventory for when there are visitors. They could have had that Thanksgiving meal together at the table, if they'd just pulled it out from the window and put chairs all round it. They could just as easily put it back afterwards. It probably is time they thought about their eating and living arrangements. That floor could really do with some attention too. It's a wonder they don't get splinters in their feet!

Actually I get a wonderful sense of nostalgia playing that lot. There's a lot inside the house that has never changed since they first moved in, and that table in the window, with it's view over the garden and the woods beyond is one of it's distinctive features. But I agree they could probably do better when they have visitors -- especially for semi-formal meals.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 12:07 PM
Just pull the table out one single space and two more chairs fit around it. You can still see the view from the window (if noone's sitting in the chair, of course).
Page 2 of 4