Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

White Rice Recipe

by Arsil Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 7:17 PM - Updated 13th Feb 2015 at 9:53 AM by Arsil

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 7:30 PM
Yay! Happy to see this uploaded! Congrats!

I don't think I helped much though. *^.^*
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:02 PM
You don't? If no one asks, no one will answer ^^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:34 PM
Sticky rice is my favorite carb in the world. I love it with fish and with veggies. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:26 PM
Woohoo!! New recipe! I would LOVE to see more recipes made!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 11:48 PM
Thanks so much...my favorite in rl. :-)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 11:48 PM
Out of curiosity, what ingredients ARE used? (since you said they don't make sense, I just wondered)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 2:37 AM
Does this conflict with the Ingredients mod here? Cooking Overhaul or something?
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:41 AM Last edited by Arsil : 13th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM.
Added a link to a kind of tutorial in the mod description.

Ingredients are egg and vegetable (generic), the egg is not even used in the cooking process,
but I needed to define some ingredients or you could cook the recipe without spending money.

About potential conflicts... I doubt there are. Does douglasveiga's strawberry mod conflict with any mod?

I'm uploading in this comment the miniMod that gives visible names to the cultural traits from WA EP,
so you can assign them more easily (without guessing) to your sims using NRaas Master Controller + Cheats,
or Hidden Traits Unlocked or another mod.
EDIT: Actually, I recommend using only MC and not mods that change traits' availability.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_MissingCultureTraitNames.package.zip (895 Bytes, 191 downloads)
Description: MiniMod that gives a name to the cultural traits of WA EP
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:46 AM
I thought his mod conflicted with the ingredients xml, but that might be me thinking of the corn thing.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:31 PM
Thank you! I've been wanting new recipes for my Sims for ages now, so this is great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:42 PM
Yes, i would love to see new recipes in TS3. Thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 9:36 PM
You want me to kiss you, don't you? You want my dry, ashy, chapped, cracked lips ALL OVER YOU, don't ya!? :lovestruyc Thank you SO MUCH for all of your awesome mods! :anime:
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:16 AM Last edited by Arsil : 28th Nov 2014 at 7:02 AM.
Mommy! Mommyyy! A guy on the Internet wants to kiss me, I'm scared.

ParanoidModeEdit
For the record, I'm an adult and I was kidding,
I don't want you to get in trouble for a stupid joke.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 7:37 PM
Thank you for this! Honestly, I might also use this for my poorer sims who can only 'afford' rice. it'll be a nice twist to them constantly eating salads and pancakes.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 6:19 AM
now who do i ask to make scrambled eggs? i liked it alot in sims 4 but everything else about sims 4 was blah. i would try myself but i have no idea where to even start do you think you can help??
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 9:26 AM
Other than point you to the tutorial linked in the description I can't offer much.
I'm not interested in doing that particular food/recipe or any other for that matter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 10:15 PM
Thanks! This is really nice, and I'll give a go at the tutorial n.n
Oh, and about it being flat, if you work on the shading and highlighting it'll look great. Meshing every little grain would be a pain XD
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:10 AM Last edited by Arsil : 27th Dec 2014 at 8:20 AM.
I'd like to just give it a convex shape, but that requires to change the geostates and I'm not able to
(that feature of the blender plugin doesn't work for me and I don't know how to change them "manually").
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 11:53 PM Last edited by tsukigalleta : 19th Jan 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Thank you so much for this!
I have a suggestion, the Cooking & Ingredients Overhaul mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=479345 adds more ingredients to the grocery and one of them is rice. It would be nice if this mod was added to the list of recipe changes to get it actually cooked with rice.
Downloading it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 11:44 AM
Your works continue to impress me, im all foamed out -kyoshi avatar fan moment- Once again thank you soo much for making such effort, i know that this is a lot of work and dedication to but you did it. Domo arigato!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:13 AM
Arigatoo gozaimasu, me like ;D
Theorist
#23 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:03 AM
For me, when I use with Ani's 'no shopping from fridge' I can't cook rice because I require 'fruit'? That's all it says, even when I have multiple fruits available. Anyone else got that?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 9:19 AM
Hi tizerist. That's odd, since the ingredients are Egg and Vegetable (anyone I guess).

I know you are handy with S3PE, so edit ArsilWhiteRiceRecipe _XML and try using
other ingredients (there are mods/overhauls that also include "rice" as an ingredient).
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:06 AM
Thank you Arsil!!!!
Page 1 of 2