Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gender Preference Commands

by scumbumbo Posted 10th Dec 2014 at 8:03 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2018 at 5:47 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for Get Famous patch

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 9:07 AM
This looks like fun. Must try.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 12:08 PM
loving all your mods i'm using so much, i'm grabbing this one for later "just in case"! thanks for everything!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 3:22 PM
im going to be honest i have no idea what this mod is about. What do you mean by gender preference?
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrawesome44
im going to be honest i have no idea what this mod is about. What do you mean by gender preference?

I didn't make it obviously but, Gender preference basically means which gender sims are attracted to. For instance, if you wanted to make a male sim gay you could set his gender preference for males to 100 and to females at 0 or some other low number.

Some people have noticed and complained that sims they have had be in a gay relationship would still do romantic interactions with the opposite gender when they weren't controlling them. This should stop that.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:13 PM
I'm very excited for this. I'm creating custom houses and custom families for all of the lots in my legacy world and I play each one just long enough to use cheats to set their careers/skills and possibly have them try for baby. Then I just let them live their lives while I'm playing my legacy. Now I have one more thing I can customize for those families to mix it up! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:21 PM
That's exactly what I've been waiting for, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:29 PM
Been waiting for something like this. Thank you SO much.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:34 PM
Can't thank you enough for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:27 PM Last edited by BarneyZero : 10th Dec 2014 at 7:50 PM.
Wait, so in TS4 the gender preferences are static numbers and your Sim's preference doesn't change whatever he/she does? :S
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:45 PM
Wow. This is perfect!

My gay sims will no longer flirt with girls.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:56 PM
Danke
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BarneyZero
Wait, so in TS4 the gender preferences are static numbers and your Sim's preference doesn't change whatever he/she does? :S

I was wondering the same thing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 9:57 PM
I can't thank you enough! I hope it solves some gender/flirting confusion that happens all the time in my game. (G.ay male sims flirting with girls every time I am not playing them) if they are going to flirt okay whatever I just want it to make sense and to stay with the gender preference that I have set for them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 3:11 AM
Thanks for this! It was always kind of weird/unrealistic to me how every single Sim in my game was bisexual.
Deceased
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BarneyZero

No, it changes over time, this just sets the current romantic preferences. For every romance action, the gender preference goes up by 10 and down by 5. So if a male and female do a romance action, the guy's gender preference for females goes up by 10, and down for other guys, whereas if two females perform an action, their preferences for females go up by 10, and down by 5 for males. I don't think the level of change varies depending on what action is performed. It's all pretty simplistic, I know! Those amounts may be tunable in XML, I haven't looked - but I was thinking the increase speed was good, but the decrease speed should go by smaller amounts. Not sure how well that would work out in the long run though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 11:52 AM
Thank you for this!! :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
No, it changes over time, this just sets the current romantic preferences. For every romance action, the gender preference goes up by 10 and down by 5. So if a male and female do a romance action, the guy's gender preference for females goes up by 10, and down for other guys, whereas if two females perform an action, their preferences for females go up by 10, and down by 5 for males. I don't think the level of change varies depending on what action is performed. It's all pretty simplistic, I know! Those amounts may be tunable in XML, I haven't looked - but I was thinking the increase speed was good, but the decrease speed should go by smaller amounts. Not sure how well that would work out in the long run though.

Oh ok, so it uses almost the same system than the previous games, thanks for the info! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 8:26 PM
Still don't understand how to use it 100%, but I get enough of the basics to grab it for a go! Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 11:54 PM
Thank you so much! Being able to generate the text file is such a great feature.
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ASTRAxMOON
Still don't understand how to use it 100%, but I get enough of the basics to grab it for a go! Thanks

If you need clarification on something just let me know what's confusing and I'll try to help. I know I'm terrible at writing directions!
Deceased
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Thank you so much! Being able to generate the text file is such a great feature.

Glad you appreciate that, wasn't sure anyone would find it useful but it helped me out a lot in testing and so I figured what the heck, keep it in.
Scholar
#23 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:26 PM
You rock, scumbumbo! It's just this sort of generosity that makes MTS my favorite place to hang out.
Clearly, this mod will make Sims 4 so much more fun for those who play it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Katzgroovymeow : 13th Dec 2014 at 5:29 PM.
It is making my game run slower and I have noticed that in the upper left hand corner of my screen where it previously said Sims 4 is now in a foreign language.
Still early in my testing will check back later.
Thanks again for this mod.

Edit: Okay, from what I can tell this mod is not doing what I expected. I set a sims gender preference to 50/50. I turned on the testing cheat, and then entered genderpref.set 50 50 John Smith. I had him chat with both genders and then do one flirt with another male. I checked his pref and it changed to 60 for males and 40 for females. If his gender preference was indeed set to 50 and 50 it should not have changed to 60 and 40.

So, it seems that this mod doesn't really "set" a sims preference, it just tells you what it is at any given moment.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 3:59 AM
Thanks for this! This is great!
Page 1 of 3