Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 7:29 PM Last edited by LivB08 : 13th Dec 2014 at 11:38 AM.
Custom Content Addict!
Hello My name is Liv and I'm a Custom Content addict

I love going on a treasure hunt and CC is my treasure<3

But sadly a lot of good CC found on MTS or TSR etc. is dated way back to 2005-2007. (Well it's good to me though because it's the kinda stuff I like and don't see much of it made and posted these days. Um thinking especially about the Visual Kei stuff that is.) And many creators no longer play or have time for the game. Some things you just wish could last a lifetime.

It's very disappointing when you find something you really like but the site or mesh, whatever you're looking for do no longer exist or people just don't create what you're looking for anymore.. I know people still create CC for the game but I find more that is to my liking that is of older date.

For me that would be J-rock idols, Visual Kei stuff. More feminine hair and stuff for males. Gothic and Lolita for both genders. Basically female to male hair, clothes and accessories.

I was just wondering, is TS2 still popular ? (I don't really know to much about it. I would still call myself a noob I guess so sorry if I come with stupid questions. ) Have more people started playing it again since the release of The Ultimate Collection??

I'd really love to see many more years to come with TS2 love and lots of new cool CC. TS2 is one of the games that it is hard to let go of.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 7:42 PM
Have you tried the WCIF thread here http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=557 if old meshes can be found, they will lead you to them.

Sims 2 is very much alive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 8:23 PM
Ok thanks I have not played the game for very long with CC but I remember it from years ago when I played it without and TS3 was all new. It's good to hear the game is still alive<3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 10:03 PM
Take a look and see how active the forum here is, if we weren't playing it we wouldn't be posting. Also the best cc has come out in the past five years so I wouldn't worry too much about old stuff that has gone, although admittedly since I don't even know what J-rock idols and Visual Kei stuff is that may be confined to the older stuff. All I do know is that recolouring, meshing, proper finishing and good textures has improved a hundred fold from 2005. If you are after Gothic I'd say GOS would be the best place to go or certain Simblrs. Private Tumblrs is really the other main place to get cc from now. Trapping Crushes has now closed but if you look over it you will find things as they mostly link to peoples Simblrs.

http://trappingcrushes.tumblr.com/
http://digitalperversion.net/garden...x.php?board=8.0 (There are more areas on GOS for clothes such as old themes and in snapshots and the wishing tree)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#5 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 10:04 PM
You also could try the http://sims2graveyard.com/ to refind older stuff that is missing elsewhere on the net.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 10:15 PM Last edited by iCad : 12th Dec 2014 at 10:32 PM.
TS2 is very much alive, and many people, myself included, are still making stuff for it. Whether or not people are making exactly what you're looking for, I don't know since, like Jo, I don't even know what that stuff is. (Because I'm old, you see. )

Another CC place besides here and, I suppose, T$R (although I don't know how much TS2 stuff is being posted there anymore, since I refuse to go there) is Tumblr, like Jo said. That's where a lot of people post stuff now. I set up an account just to follow other people, but have ended up using it quite a lot. In fact, I post more stuff there now than here because it's just easy to do so and I'm lazy. I don't make the kind of stuff you're looking for, but aside from looking at TrappingCrushes, if you search tags like #ts2cc and #s2cc and #ts2 downloads and things like that, you'll find lots of stuff. Trapping didn't link absolutely everything, after all. I think you need an account to search tags (I think; I'm really a Tumblr idiot), but it's easy to do and you never have to post anything if you don't want to.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 10:19 PM
Yes I swiped some bunk bed recolours just recently. I would say thanks but I'm not on Tumblr. Hardly anyone is posting to LJ anymore so I'd say thanks there if you or they did. You have my warm fuzzy thoughts.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 10:26 PM
There are updates from several different sites nearly everyday at this site. http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 10:31 PM
@Jo: Yeah, the Sims community has pretty much moved to Tumblr, it seems. There's lots of drama in the TS3/4 sector, it seems (at least if SimSecret on LJ is to be believed), but the TS2 scene is pretty calm. At least the people I follow are. I do still have my LJ, but posting CC there is kind of a pain in the butt. Actually, posting anything there is kind of a pain in the butt, especially pictures. Tumblr is more designed for pictures, so I guess it's no surprise that people have migrated over there. Every now and then, though, there's a post on Tumblr about missing LJ. Having a conversation there is certainly easier. It'd be nice if there was a sort of hybrid, best-of-both-worlds service out there, but if there is the Sims community hasn't found it.

And you're welcome for the bunk beds, darling.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 10:36 PM
Bunk beds all the way, how else can we shove them sardine style into itty bitty houses. Since I am playing Elsewhere by Plastic box itty bitty is my new large.

See this is why I liked LJ, you can have a conversation over there, but I understand about the posting your content pain on various sites. I often intend to post my lots either on my LJ or on Leefish and mostly just post it on here. By the time I've rechecked the upload wizard a dozen times I am done with it.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 11:20 PM
Oh yeah, bunks all the way. I'm using Plasticbox Newbie Road houses in my current BACC I'm playing, so...yeah. Itty bitty. Without bunks, how do I fit 2 kids in a 3x2 bedroom?

But yeah, LJ is much better for those who want to have conversations. I imagine it's great for just text posts. But pictures are kind of a pain. You have to upload them somewhere, either to LJ's scrapbook or to an outside service like Photobucket, then create your post and link the pics in. It's time-consuming if you're posting a lot of pics, like for a story chapter. On Tumblr, it's just drag and drop. Much easier for storytelling and for download posts and such. But conversations aren't easy at all. You either have to reblog (which is likely annoying to people who follow you), post replies to replies as a separate post (again, annoying to other people who follow you), or you have to limit yourself to like 250 characters which...Yeah, is hard for verbose people like yours truly. It'd be nice if either Tumblr had a threaded reply system or if LJ's picture process was a bit less cumbersome. Like I said, a hybrid.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 11:29 PM
Oh I know, I have old story chapters on LJ with 50+ pictures, each one uploaded to photobucket and inserted into LJ seperatly. Later on though I use Scribd and Slideshare, then you do the fiddling in Word or Power Point on your computer and upload the whole thing at once. There is AuthorStream as well but that and some other method would not work with Word, which is what I use or use to as I stopped writing stories and posing sims because it was all too much work. Every time I think of wrapping up my old legacy or other challenges that I used to post I feel like someone is dumping a box load of paper work on my desk and saying "get this done by Friday can you?" When it's already Thursday afternoon. Really off putting.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:01 AM
Thank you so much everyone for your kind answers I'm a noob who take a while to learn about the games and the communities. I guess I'll have to learn to look harder.

And as for J-rock and Visual Kei stuff, I guess time changes. I don't know if people create Malice Mizer, Mana-sama, Gackt, Ayabie or The Gazette like stuff anymore. I'm kinda stuck in the past about stuff like that XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LivB08
I don't know if people create Malice Mizer, Mana-sama, Gackt, Ayabie or The Gazette like stuff anymore. I'm kinda stuck in the past about stuff like that XD

O_o Yeah... like iCad said, most of us here are old farts, never heard of those either!
I do know that if you are after things like tight fitting leather pants and boots, GOS has those aplenty.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:37 AM
I'm surprised to hear that someone is searching for more feminine clothes/hair for males. It's really all I can find, I'm desperate for something masculine that doesn't involve large, open, un-tied boots that looks like waders. Most guy hairs look like converted female hairs to me.

And yes, Sims 2 is definitely still popular, but of course there won't be the same buzz on the forums and CC sites, as back when it was new and exciting.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:45 AM
Yes it is quite hard to find regular clothes like the bloke next door wears. I've downloaded just about every piece I've ever found. Probably should have kept a list as I do have quite a good amount now plucked from LJ's, GOS, here. Tumblrs and other sites. Shorts were very hard to find back when I was making my husbands simself and my husband always wears shorts nearly year round unless it's really cold (of course our idea of cold here in Queensland Australia would be quite different to some other places lol) I've also managed to snag just enough looser fitting stuff as the average male does not wear the tight stuff.

I'll see if I can find out where some of what I have comes from as most of my male clothes are masculine every day type stuff.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:28 AM
That would be awesome. I have found some good stuff here, especially by Randir and fakepeeps7. I tend to be very picky, wanting clothing to be both nice-looking, well-fit and be of good quality at the same time, which is definitely easier to find in women's clothes than men's clothes. I suspect it may be because there generally isn't much diversity in clothes men would wear realistically, whereas creators can be more creative with women's clothing.
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:54 AM Last edited by iCad : 13th Dec 2014 at 2:07 AM.
Yeah, there is definitely more stuff for women out there, both in terms of clothing and hair. It's hard to find good "normal guy" stuff, stuff that your average suburban 40-year-old would wear on a beer run, as opposed to gothy-guy stuff or fantasy-guy stuff or 20-year-old guy stuff I've always liked fanseelamb's stuff, myself, enough so that I've actually recolored a few things. Given that I really don't like using Bodyshop for making recolors of stuff and avoid it like the plague, that says something. But tastes vary, of course.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 2:38 AM
I opened Body Shop from my new sims 2 folder since that only take about 5 minutes (The old one which a gazillion files take something like 45 minutes to load)
The creators names I have in there are Yuxi (mostly formal)
Fanseelamb of course
Treag
GLB and those are hoodies and some shorts
Amaryll
Skell
muspellsheimr/Trapping. That might be the Big trade off or maybe a GOS thing.
Krolowa (letthemplaysims Tumblr)
Some from msms. I know there is an archive of their stuff someplace. A lot of theirs is skinny stuff but not all.
Trapping/Misty Blue. Tops and jeans.
Trappigng/Fanselamb
Trapping by herself lol
Like I was on a break shorts
Bunhead shorts although they are a bit narrow legged for my tastes.
Java bean
Nestor
Needlecream
ndainye has some decent men's stuff and I do know where her LJ is. http://ndainye.livejournal.com/

I don't know if any of that helps. A lot of those you probably know. I have some links on my own LJ but I know a few are dead now. http://joandsarah.livejournal.com/ Link list to the left.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:38 PM
Thanks again guys Yes you're right that it is a lot of feminine clothes but I would still not be able to find some of the stuff I've been looking for.

Haha you guys probably do not know what I'm talking about but I'd love to find some quality EGA and EGL outfits for both male and female to wear.

A lot of hairstyles for females I wish I could find it for men as well.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...%29/id/1246291/

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...196/id/1237941/

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ult/id/1232736/

I love to create all sorts of male and female characters for my game. I love to gender-bend my characters a bit sometimes. Some stuff I have had little luck in finding more of. But I'll keep trying!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:45 PM
Meanwhile I'll sit here in the MTS-forever-corner. It makes me sad that so many people have switched over to other sites. Sure, it's easier to upload to your own blog or some of the other major sites, but that's exactly the reason why I'm likely to always stick to MTS. I like the rigorous (well, not so much any more. sadface) requirements for screenshots and proper information. I want to know what I'm getting, and everywhere else is very much a gamble. I've only ever followed one LJ, because the whole "Can't be bothered to take pictures, so here's just a zip with a bunch of stuff that I won't really tell you what it is"-thing is just not my kind of place.

I also reason that MTS is likely to survive longer than any individual blog/site/place, and thus the content is more likely to outlive your stay in the Sims world. As OP said, it is rather annoying when you find links to something that is long gone and you can't get it. I don't flatter myself that my CC would make anyone that keen, but if it ever does, I want them to have the best chance of actually getting it.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 2:06 PM
A little plea to creators of meshes: Please consider allowing those who make recolours of your mesh to distribute the mesh with the recolour. Because at some point in the future, when you have lost all interest in The Sims, someone may download that recolour. And it's so much easier for them if the mesh is included, rather than having to scrabble around looking in the Graveyard and WCIF forums.

I know it's hard to believe that someone talented enough to do meshing can lose all interest in The Sims, but it does happen. And, even if you never lose interest in The Sims, at the end of the day, the Grim Reaper comes for us all.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Undead Molten Llama
#23 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:36 AM Last edited by iCad : 14th Dec 2014 at 12:47 AM.
What I don't get is creators who retire from playing/creating...and then remove all their stuff from the internet. I mean, I guess I can get it if you maintain your own separate site that you pay for and host all the files yourself and want to get rid of everything, including having to pay for the site. But I see people who have just a Tumblr or an LJ, with files hosted with a free service like Mediafire, who take everything down when they leave. Which sucks. I mean, I suppose if they're leaving in an angry, you-hurt-my-feelings-so-I'm-leaving-and-taking-all-my-toys-with-me kind of way, I can sort of understand (but still think it's very, very childish, frankly), but I've seen people who just decide they're done without a big, emotional flounce and take everything with them. And I just don't get it.

I can sort of understand not wanting one's meshes to be distributed around freely, if you want to maintain some sort of control over them. On the other hand, it's not like most people have the time go policing around looking for people breaking their policy. I mean, I don't. So, it's inevitable that some folks are going to do whatever they want with your meshes, so...Yeah, ultimately I guess I don't get it. I do abide by other people's policies to the best of my ability, but generally...Yeah, I don't totally get it. Maybe because I don't make meshes, myself?

ETA, @LivB08: There are a lot of people, especially on Tumblr, who do F-to-M hair conversions and also 3-to-2 conversions. I don't know if the hairs you linked to are ones that people have done, but they're pretty popular over there. Rented-space is a user who springs to mind who does lots of good hair stuff.Trapping did a lot of F-to-M stuff when she was in the community, too. And there are lots of others. You might even be able to message some of them and see if they'll take a request.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:53 AM
I don't get it either, they could at least upload them to someplace like Medifire or Box with a link before they leave saying this is where they are now bye. It's annoying when you find a really nice download only to realize the link to the mesh is dead.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
A little plea to creators of meshes: Please consider allowing those who make recolours of your mesh to distribute the mesh with the recolour.

Ahhhh..those "policy" Come on people. First, we might have paid about 25-30$ for a MS3D license. We might have paid for the games, paint programs..and this is it.
EA itself asks nothing from us, even though *everything* creators work with comes from them.
Asking to give credit??? to whom? to a creator? what about EA..what about Maxis?
They do not. Who are we to ask such thing.
Sorry if I sound rude, but to me..once it is in your game, it is yours. period. If I am selfish I'll just won't share it.
I am not going to start crediting Makita because i made a very nice bookshelf, and I doubt Makita will come and ask for some credit if i start selling furniture I made using their tools.

I have NO policy. I create stuff using EA's property, and share them. Once in your game, you do whatever you want with it.
I am not going to ask anything for my time spent on creating it, nor my talent etc. I create because i love it. You enjoy? excellent.
Oh I see!!!! Others taking "credits" for YOUR own work huh? That's a bummer..(grow up)

In the end, no one creates from scratch... besides objects. Try a sim body mesh from scratch..tell me about it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 1 of 2