Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 11:50 PM
Default Death... And What Comes After
As so many people play with aging turned on (in one form or another) that means that you'll have to deal with your Sims eventually passing into the void or ascending to the afterlife, so to speak. Since there's so many ways this can happen, and so many options even after a Sims has died though, I'm curious what your attitudes are towards the death of your Sims-

-Is death something that you'll usually exit without saving to avoid, or do you just alter your storyline to account for it?
-Are the loved ones of the deceased allowed to bargain with the Reaper, or does Grimmy stand apart from the mortal world, only there to usher the soul of the deceased into the netherworld?
-Do most of your Sims make it to dying peacefully of old age, or does some tragedy usually cut their lives short first?

and what about after they die?

-Do tombstones and urns stay with the family, or are they relegated to a community cemetery?
-Is resurrection likely, or does a dead Sim have no hope of returning to the mortal world?
-What are your living Sims' cultural attitudes towards the ghosts and apparitions of those who've died?

While nowhere near as serious a topic as death in the real world would be, it's still an interesting gameplay aspect, since most games just resurrect the dead in one fashion or another- it's rare to have a world where the dead might actually STAY dead!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:02 AM
When death comes it comes, unless it was some tragic accident that I don't want to write into the storyline.
My Sims have never bargained with the Reaper, though in rare cases I might, I don't know. It wouldn't be often though if I do at all. He's generally just there to usher them into the netherworld.
They tend to die peacefully of old age.
The gravestones go to a cemetery in my game. I don't want to deal with the ghosts, and the potential I might accidentally save while one is out and corrupt the game.
Resurrection is highly unlikely in my game but may happen for story reasons. So there is...little hope.
I've recently started thinking about my Sims religions so I guess that might mean some Sims believe in them and can see them while some don't.

My dead Sims usually stay dead. I love my Sims but I like to keep the generations going and if my Sims never died i'd quickly have wayyy too many Sims all the same age. Because I love them I generally can't bear for them to go in an accident so they tend to go peacefully of old age.

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#3 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
what your attitudes are towards the death of your Sims-

-Is death something that you'll usually exit without saving to avoid, or do you just alter your storyline to account for it?

If the story line 'requires' it, I could sacrifice a sim, yes. Then I instigate it. But usually I like my sims to get old and run their life span.
-Are the loved ones of the deceased allowed to bargain with the Reaper, or does Grimmy stand apart from the mortal world, only there to usher the soul of the deceased into the netherworld?

No, that's not a part in my game. I never have tried for the bargaining.
-Do most of your Sims make it to dying peacefully of old age, or does some tragedy usually cut their lives short first?

Usually they die of old age. Occasionly a sim will die sooner, but as I wrote before, only if it suits the story line.

-Do tombstones and urns stay with the family, or are they relegated to a community cemetery?

They are immediately transferred to my custom cemetary.
-Is resurrection likely, or does a dead Sim have no hope of returning to the mortal world?

No likely hope. I don't do resurrection. I play as realistic as possible and bringing someone back from the death is not something that I consider realistic.
Of course, in real life doctors could save someone while they are at death doors, but I haven't played that. It might be some day, if it suits my story line.

-What are your living Sims' cultural attitudes towards the ghosts and apparitions of those who've died?

They never see ghosts, so there are no cultural attitudes towards that in my hood.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:06 AM
I guess I'm one of the few that if the Sim dies, they stay dead. I move the grave to a community lot cemetery right after the Sim dies, and they stay there for good. Sims pretty much only die of old age in my game. I will exit without saving if the Sim dies from something besides old age (which has only happened once). I'm good at preventing them from dying until they die of old age.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:24 AM
It depends. If it's old age, I let it happen. If they're dying by disease or electrocution or whatever, and no-one is there to bargin with Grimmy, I'll weigh up the pros and cons. If a sim has no offspring - 100% quit without saving. Otherwise, I'd say it depends on my storyline and how able I am to change it to suit the death. There's a kinda "main character" to each family - such as with the Landgraab's at the moment, the household revolves around Malcolm (IV) being a kind of 'wolf of wall street' kinda guy. If he died, there'd really only be his wife Daisy and their newborn son (Malcolm Landgraab V). I mean, I could make some kind of story out of it, but I wouldn't find it as interesting as Malcolm's.

Almost always bargain. Mortimer got scared to death by his mother's ghost this rotation, and Alexander was outside. Even though the storyline would've been easily changable if Mortimer did die (Dina would move out and go off with her next rich boyfriend lined up), I still like to bargain. I guess I'm just too attached to my sims. But when the time comes, the time comes.

I'd say at least 99% make it to old age. I haven't had any sim die of anything else for a while now. To the point where I'm starting to consider letting them die more.
Cemetery. I don't want my sims kicking or breaking tombstones/urns. The Capp's and the Specter's graveyards are still intact (as well as the house of fallen trees), but most other Sims get sent to the cemetery. I mean, who really has their grandparents buried in their back garden? Michael Bachelor and Darleen Dreamer are now located at Gothier Green Lawns because Dina moved out of the Caliente home, and the Dreamer's moved out of their house and didn't want Darleen scaring whomever moves there next.

Nope. Only in 1 storyline did I ever have a sim get resurrected. In an old neighbourhood Alvin Futa died after his daughter was born, and Ricky Cormier was so upset that he resurrected him thanks to his career reward. He came back as a zombie and Ricky was so embarrassed he locked him away in his house until I got bored of that hood and started a new one.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH", usually followed by peeing of the pants.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:37 AM
Most of my sims make it to a peaceful death of old age. The unfortunate few who don't, I almost always let go. Sometimes I might quit without saving if it was a really, *really* big mistake on my part. (ie. I left the game running and forgot about it, turned the fridge around for a party and forgot to turn it back the right way, etc. Things that aren't part of the game engine.) If I get around to playing my ToT hood again I'll definitely be rolling random scenarios and keeping those deaths.

Sims keep the tombstones/urns on their property for a mourning period (until the ghosts come out, then they're moved to the local graveyard). During this time, they are frequently directed to mourn the departed, and things like parties are toned down (only close family) or avoided all together. Work and school are missed if possible. Vacations, marriages, renovations, etc. are postponed
I'm still considering having a haunted house by keeping the graves around. Or perhaps a snobbish family that thinks they're above being buried with the common folk.

During the mourning time, depending on wants, who died, who is still alive, and the availability of resurrection methods, the dead sim may be resurrected. Old age deaths are never resurrected or plead for. Accidental deaths have a higher chance of being plead for/resurrected from the younger the sim in danger is. Parents will always try to save children who are facing death before themselves. Siblings and partners will usually attempt it, especially for teen and younger. Friends and room mates generally won't unless the dying sim is a child.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 1:08 AM
Unplanned death will be removed by exiting without saving. It is extremely unlikely that I would adapt my storyline to an accidental death. Death-situations are very uncommon in my game either way, because I'm very good at remembering to place fire alarms.

No, not really. He only comes when I want him to, and a storyline where he is supposed to come and then be pleaded to is unlikely to happen, since my story tends to not involve any "magic". But it's not in the "you do not exist in my game"-category, so it could happen at some point.

A huge majority of Sims in my hood will die of old age. Not that many have died so far, because my hood story has been at a stand still for the past two years, but death is something I prefer to not see much off in my game. It's bad enough to fear risking loved ones early in real life, I don't want to deal with it in the game I use to escape reality.

But when it fits the story, death will happen early. It's always a planned event though, not something I allow the game to decide. Premature deaths primarily happen if the story I have in mind for children requires it. Most recently I invented a parental death to explain the sudden appearance of pointy ears. I didn't know that one facial template has elf-ears, and made a Sim in bodyshop using that template, and I really love the outcome. To explain why that Sim has pointy ears, I invented a backstory where this Sim and her mother were caught in a fire. The mother died, and she was injured. The orphanage could not afford the expensive plastic surgery required to restore her ears to a normal state, so they settled for a slightly less expensive option of just patching it up. And as such, she now has pointy ears.

Depends on the family. Eventually all graves will be sent off to the cemetery, but if that is immediate or later on varies. For me, a grave is less about storing the remains and more about a defined space to direct your memories and grief at, shared with everyone who shares your feelings. Some families want that in their home, whereas some prefer to go to the cemetery.

But due to the way the game works, graves are more likely to be sent off early, so that I don't risk forgetting a grave somewhere I don't expect there to be one.

I play a game that is very close to our world in terms of magic and supernaturalness. Resurrection does not exist. And by the time a Sim is dead, I don't want it resurrected either. Maybe it'll be introduced in the future by some scientist-sim, but for now it's a non-existant thing to my Sims.

Did I mention my game doesn't do supernatural much? I'm too lazy to mod out ghosts, but they aren't given any place in my story, and I tend to just ignore them. I mostly see pet ghosts, and while my Sims don't notice them, it makes me smile when they dig ghost-holes in the garden, so I leave it be. If a Sim happens to see a ghost, I just discard it as code-inspired behavior that is irrelevant to the story in my head, and thus did not really happen.

I might introduce them at some point, but if so I'll probably explain it more as a projection of a Sims memory, rather than the actual ghost of the individual.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 1:50 AM
This is an awesome post!!

I never exit without saving! If one of my sims has an untimely demise, which rarely happens, I go with the flow and the game goes on.

They are allowed to bargain with the reaper. Sometimes, when one of my sims dies unexpectedly, I will try to get their spouse to save them, but in both of these situations, my sim wasn't able to get to the reaper to save them in time!

The vast majority of my die of old age. In the past 2 years I've only had three sims die unexpectedly.. two of my sims died by fire, and a baby was miscarried. (I play with inTeenimater)

All the tombstones, including pet tombstones, go to the family cemetary.

No resurrections!

They never really see ghosts.. so they don't have an attitude towards them. Once a sim dies, I move their tombstone to the family cemetary, never to be seen again.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 2:42 AM
Most of the time when one of my sims die, I allow them to stay dead and just change the storyline, though there have been some instances where I quit without saving.

I almost always bargain with the reaper if possible unless there is a reason I want the sim dead. Then I will let them go without a fight.

Lately, most of my sims have died from the plague. Before realistic sickness though, most died of old age and a few died from fire.

In many of my neighborhoods, they all go to a cemetery. In my current playthrough of Pleasantview though, the graves have all stayed at the houses simply because I haven't taken the time to make a cemetery.

Resurrection very rarely occurs. Maybe one out of every 50-75 sim deaths result in resurrection.

In my other hoods, ghosts are never seen so I can't really answer for those hoods. In Pleasantview, a couple ghosts have been seen but usually the sims just go about their business afterwards.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 3:13 AM
When my sims die of something other than old age, i take it as it comes. Little Eponine Quackleberry was a toddler when her father was kidnapped by aliens and starved to death in their kitchen, and she grew up on her own until an elderly NPC walked by and was moved in, which dramatically altered the course of her life. I've had my absolute favorite heir of my last legacy in my old game die in college after getting too addicted to bubbles to eat. I didn't stop their deaths because it wasn't meant for me to stop it. That I fell asleep while playing didn't do much to save them either lol.

Loved ones do not plead in my game. In my game, they usually don't even see the Grim Reaper unless it's their own time.

Most of my sims die of old age, but sometimes they die of starvation or fright too.

They never get resurrected either.

For legacies, there's a painting of the matriarch/patriarch for each generation hung in a kind of reflection room. The actual tombstones go to a cemetery though.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 3:26 AM
It depends. I play to accomplish goals, so if I'm playing an adult sim who randomly catches fire and dies, I exit without saving. If they die as elderly, for whatever reason, I let it happen. Also, I don't roleplay Sims. I play it, same way I play Borderlands or whatever else.

If the sim did not die of old age, I may allow a bargaining. Otherwise, I let nature take its course.

That varies from sim to sim, but 98% dies of old age.

I make my own cemetary, owned by the family that founded the town and move all tombstones there.

I would never ressurect a dead sim.

I don't play with anything supernatural, other than the occassional vampire (occassional being I've had 2 vampires in the 7-8 years I've played Sims 2).
Instructor
#12 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 3:29 AM
I pretty much never quit without saving. I quit to save the founder of an apocalypse when he died on the first day. I might quit without saving if I leave the game running by accident but while that might save some dead sims it would mostly be to keep the households in sync rather than to save a sim. The way I see it if a sim in a safe hood (where sims mostly die of old age) dies by accident it's a change and in less safe hoods it makes no sense to save dead sims.

In modern hoods I pretty much never let my sims plead. In my historical hoods with realistic sickness I do let sims plead if they make it to grimmy in time and start crying even then I might not have them plead. I try to only save enough sims to keep the family going. I say that in hisotrical hoods grimmy is reachable but not in modern hoods.

Depends on the neighborhood. In my modern hoods pretty much no one dies of anything that isn't old age but my historical hoods are another story. In my test of time hood I have yet to have a generation where more than 70% of kids reach adulthood. Most of the sims who become adults die from fighting or sickness long before they become elders. It's similar in my medieval hoods with a high child mortality rate and death rolls at the end of each round designed to stop sims reaching old age.

Always a community cemetery. I can't have graves getting kicked/smashed and I don't want to forget about graves when I move sims out or bulldoze a lot. Some families will keep the graves around for a few days but they always go to a community lot before they can kill off any of there descendants.

It depends on the sim and the hood they live in. In my modern hood resurrection is pretty unlikely. I might resurrect a sim or two as zombies at some point but when so few sims die I feel like the dead should at least stay dead.

In historical hoods if a number of criteria are met I will let sims be resurrected. The criteria are the dead sim must be resurrected within 2 days (which leaves sims who die in the middle of a five day round whose family has no chance or resurrecting them screwed) of their death by a sim who has the means in the household at that time and the desire (want to resurrect the dead sim or to make them a zombie) to go through with it.

Like so many things it depends on where sims are living.

In most of my hoods sims respect the dead since they can easily kill a living sim but they also fear them and don't want to live with gravestones.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:31 AM
Not unless it's unexpected like a tragic fire or something, I either kill sims purposely or let them die of old age

I have never really tried that, because I don't use that in my game...if the death is not an accident, I dont try to stop it

I usually just let them die, if I cant stand them or for story purposes, I will turn to other options

All sims go the cemetery for safekeeping. The sims can just visit their loved ones

Never tried and not sure if I want to.

I don't like ghosts making puddles, scaring my sims etc, thats why they all get shipped to the local graveyard

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:45 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 15th Dec 2014 at 5:28 AM.
I am starting a fresh new 'Hood now, so everyone is just starting their lives. Some adults, some elders..and soon, some young adults.
I am not going to exit without saving, I'll just go with what happens.

Plead for loved ones...it will depend!
I think, everyone would do this if it was somewhat possible, in real life. So far, I only did this once, and it worked. I might do this again, as i said..my sims are all brand new but accident can happen.

I have Real Life mod. And honestly, I do not remember what I have read..or even if I read, at what age a sim should be dying of old age. With this mod, and if you set real life for an elder, they start at 60 years old...hard to tell, what was the age the creator of this mod had in mind for death.
But I plan to figure this out, unless a tragedy occurs, and if it is the case...I will just go with it.
I'll make sure, well, I'll try to make sure that everything they own will be given away, deeds to businessez, etc. before they die peacefully.

I might or not leave the urns or tombstones on the lot a sim died. Then again, it depends.
I "killed" a lot of simmies in my previous hood, to fill up my cemetery, and I saw how annoying ghosts can be, by keeping other sims from doing whatever they have to do. They get scared, their actions drop..very annoying.
But I am also aware that you must wait at least, for a ghost to appear, before moving any graves, if you want ghosts to spawn that is.
After that, I will move them to my new cemetery.

No resurrection for me. I think this is creepy.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Link Ninja
#15 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 5:02 AM
A majority of my sims die of old age, a few have had fire accidents. The urn stays with the family until the ghost appears, after that the urn gets transferred to a community cemetary. I never think of having a sim plead with the reaper, but also I don't resurrect because the one time I did it creeped me out since the wife lost all her relationship points with her family so the husband (who resurrected her) had to sleep on the couch until she trusted him again.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 6:33 AM
Is death something that you'll usually exit without saving to avoid, or do you just alter your storyline to account for it?

I don't have a storyline at all beyond what happens to the little pixels as I play. Much of their lives are determined by their wants and, if they don't have any wants that I can actively fill, what they choose to do autonomously. So if a Sim dies, they die. I see no need to do the exit-without-saving thing, although I understand why other people do it.

Are the loved ones of the deceased allowed to bargain with the Reaper, or does Grimmy stand apart from the mortal world, only there to usher the soul of the deceased into the netherworld?

The only time I'll let pleading happen is if the dying one happens to have a want to be saved from death. Which doesn't happen very often and, of course, can only happen if there's someone around to plead. I think it's happened maybe three times in the 7 years I've been playing.

Do most of your Sims make it to dying peacefully of old age, or does some tragedy usually cut their lives short first?

Old age is the most common form of death in my game, but it also depends on what happens in the game. I have the "real sickness" mod, so lots of Sims die from disease. I don't allow fire alarms in my game, but my Sims don't often die from fire; I just command them to extinguish any fires they start. Sims die often from electrocution since I have a "you break it, you fix it or die trying" policy, and I don't care how many Mechanical points they have. And some with already-low motives have died after being struck by lightning. I've had a few deaths by satellite here and there. Drowning doesn't really happen in my game, as any pools I have on a lot will always have a ladder. One of my super-slobby Sims died from flies once, which was pretty cool. Some have been scared to death by ghosts. I don't recall anyone ever dying from hail...

But basically, I play big families and big neighborhoods, long-term. Quite frankly, I tend to welcome the deaths that happen. It's population control. The only deaths I engineer, though, are A) Sims dying from a "plague," which I occasionally visit on my neighborhoods, seeding illness and outright killing a randomly-determined percentage of the playables and B) Sims dying by vampire, mostly because that can't happen in the game without some mod assistance. And there isn't a mod that does what I want it to do in that regard, so I have to handle it myself, manually.

Do tombstones and urns stay with the family, or are they relegated to a community cemetery?

They stay on the home lot at least until the ghost generates. After that, I decide on a case-by-case basis if and how long they'll stay with their family. Basically, if they annoy me, they go. If they're a relatively happy ghost, they can stay. If there are Knowledge Sims in the family, ghosts are more likely to stay. They can especially stay if they're a clean ghost. I get a kick out of watching ghosts clean toilets. Little things amuse me, you see. But basically, I like my nice well-populated-with-ghosts community cemetery lot(s), so that those Knowledge Sims have a place to go to ghost-watch, when the want arises.

Is resurrection likely, or does a dead Sim have no hope of returning to the mortal world?

Nope. Dead is dead.

What are your living Sims' cultural attitudes towards the ghosts and apparitions of those who've died?

My Sims don't really have cultures. But for those households that have spectral residents, I imagine the living residents being pretty blase about it. Like, they'd be all, "Oh, hi, Dad. How's it hangin'? Good to see you. There's some nice leftovers in the fridge, you know."

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Sims dying by vampire, mostly because that can't happen in the game without some mod assistance. And there isn't a mod that does what I want it to do in that regard, so I have to handle it myself, manually.

I am curious..I did not know vampire could kill my sims. yeah OK, I know! Vampires..but in the game? Not at all.
How...

Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 6:51 AM
There are various mods out there that allow vampires to kill Sims by biting them instead of turning them. Me, I have a mod that lets vamps feed from Sims, the bite filling their hunger, and that allows the player to decide if they will just feed or will turn them. I do a third option, which I manually control, that adds the possibility of them killing their victim, a death that I create manually by killing the Sim using Rodney's Death Creator. (I have them die of fright because there isn't a "Die By Vampire" death. ) Basically, every time one of my vamps is hungry, I have them grab a walkby or go to a community lot and then I do a random number generation. The outcome determines whether the victim will just be fed upon (the highest chance), will be turned (a lower chance, so as not to have a ton of vamps), or be killed (the lowest chance.)

The mod I use is this one: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225894 There are others out there, though, that have different options, including others here on MTS. If you search for "vampire" with the game mods filter on the downloads, you'll find them.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:00 AM
Thankyou Icad. I never play vampires..but I missed Downtown, and decided that my new Hood would have it. Got rid of the mod I had to prevent them from showing up. I am ready. lol
vampires should either turn their victimes into vampires, or simply kill them. I'll grab a mod.

Undead Molten Llama
#20 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:30 AM
Just be careful with the mods. Test them in a test neighborhood with all your other mods to see if they work right. (You can easily turn a test Sim into a vamp using the Batbox or the Sim Transformer.) In general, the mods are old, haven't been updated for all EPs and some of them don't like other mods. The one I linked to works fine for me with all EPs/SPs and lot of other mods, but I had tried out one, I think by Shaklin which was from the Graveyard, that would have allowed me to choose "turn" or "kill" via a popup, which would have made things easier for me, but it conflicted with something else I had and didn't work. I didn't want it enough to go through the process of determining what was conflicting. So...yeah. Just be careful.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:43 AM
Yes, I will. Though i found one, by the same creator of the one you linked. You can kill with this one..(http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=295358) and i was wondering why you had to use Rodney's Death Creator, if that mod existed.
Maybe you tried it, and it just didn't work?
I'll test this out anyways.

Undead Molten Llama
#22 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:50 AM
I don't use that one because I think it makes it so that all bites kill, which isn't what I want. What I want is for bites to fill hunger whatever happens (Since I don't allow my vamps to eat regular food), but also to have a chance of either turning the victim or killing them. But so far as I've seen, such a thing doesn't exist. The closest I came was the Shaklin one, which is supposed to let you choose the outcome, but that one didn't work in my game, either because it wasn't properly updated for newer EPs or because it didn't like my other mods. Or both. In any case, my game crashed when the bite happened.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:54 AM
Ok. because what it says in the upload,is that you can combine the one you have(linked) and this one. Doing so, you end up having all choices. Bite for hunger, turn into a vampire..or deadly bite.
Unless, I am too tired to read.
So I downloaded both of them.

Undead Molten Llama
#24 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:57 AM
Really? Well, perhaps it was updated since I last looked at it. Or perhaps I didn't read right when I looked at it. I'll have a look at it again. Thanks for the heads-up.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 8:22 AM
All my dead sims have died of old age and only old age. I'm happy to let them go, otherwise I'd be hip-deep in elders. I have various cemetery plots to send the tombstones to. The Recent Order of Saturnius used to keep all deceased disciples' remains in their lodge mausoleum, but as that filled up the lodge got three ghosts night after night and no one got any sleep, so now only the three most recently departed are kept on lot. One or two still appear most nights but some nights none at all.

I accidentally killed one sim by starvation when she was heavily pregnant, but figured this was a gamer error on my part (I didn't know then how serious hunger desperation could be) so I quit without saving and replayed. I also woohooed Rapacia Grabbit to death in a debauched orgy with her partner, Nick, but let him bargain with the Grim Reaper. I'd have been happy to let her go, but he got lucky and she survived.

I did have plans for Nick and Rapacia to make a dishonest living by luring townies into living with them, then killing them (probably through starvation in a locked room) for their money. I couldn't find the heart to go through with it, though, when it came to the crunch. But Joe Carr will never know how close he was to an untimely end...
Page 1 of 2