Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 4:51 AM Last edited by MeadowRoseSky : 10th Jan 2015 at 1:47 AM.
Default Achieving Every LTW
Hey, Simmers! Before I continue, I just wanna say I'm not really sure if this challenge has been previously made, so I apologize if it looks like I'm stealing someone's thunder! I'm definitely not trying to copy!

Background Story: Your sims have really gotten bored with their simple every day lives, their simple every day jobs, and their simple every day routine. So now, they've decided to make a legacy in their family line.. of sorts. So many interesting lifetime wishes, but the same ones are always repeated In this challenge, you must obtain every single lifetime wish.

I do completely understand that it's really difficult as the family line continues because of the children, but I've honestly found myself just editing the "problematic" sim in CAS. By this, I mean the sim whose lifetime wish has already been completed by another family member.
If you do just end up editing your sims in CAS (I understand some simmers absolutely hate doing this), I find it easiest to go in alphabetical order so you can keep track. But if by the time you get to Surrounded by Family LTW, your sim has like commitment issues or something... Feel free to choose something else
And also, I understand that there are a lot of LTWs... So if you hate having really long games, I wouldn't recommend this challenge, tbh.

Rules: 1. No sims in your family line (no matter which generation) can have the same LTW (if it's accidental, don't flip out. It happens)
2. This challenge isn't really about money, so if you truly feel like it, cheat away. But for a more of a challenge, live like a hobo for a while :p
3. This rule is a little more difficult... Your sim cannot "complete" another LTW if it's not their own. For example, if a sim has the "Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder", they can't also know every single recipe. (Excluding the "Surrounded by Family" LTW. If you wanna have five kids, go ahead lol.)
4. Your sim may still learn skills, but not if it would achieve them another LTW. For example, you cannot learn/master both the Charisma skill and the Guitar Skill unless your LTW is the "Golden Tongue/Golden Fingers".
5. The Repo-Man cannot come, and your children cannot be taken away by social services.
6. Always remember to have kids before the sim dies so the legacy can continue (that one's a given, but people still forget lol)
7. Seriously, Guys, have fun while doing this challenge! Don't get too stressed out if you make a couple of slip ups. That'll happen.

CAS: The way you make your sim truly does not matter. You can decide whether you want to start your challenge off with one sim or an entire family (I'd start with one sim, but an entire family would mean the challenge itself would take less time)

Points (Optional): +10 points every LTW achieved
-10 points every death without the LTW achieved
+5 points for every unique LTW achieved (added to the +10)
-5 points if you "achieve" a second LTW ~That makes very little sense, I hope you still understand.

Personally, I don't use scoring so I apologize there's not much there Happy Simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 8:45 PM
This challenge sounds hard to do but fun!
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:10 PM
I'm definitely going to do this challenge. It sounds like a fun and laid back way to explore different expansion packs, or even just the base game! I might not do every lifetime wish, but at least one wish starting from each letter of the alphabet, or something like that. :D
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 12:07 AM
I like this idea; I might sometime do this in a "progression-server" style: I'd start with the base game only and wouldn't add any EPs/SPs until all the LTWs from the base game were complete. Then I'd have to do the WA LTWs before adding Ambitions, and so on.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 9:57 PM
This sounds really fun and I'm definitely going to try this as there are some LTW's that I've never used before. This'll be a new experience.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Irish_chick101
This sounds really fun and I'm definitely going to try this as there are some LTW's that I've never used before. This'll be a new experience.

Yay! Glad a few people have found it interesting I forgot I made this post since it's been so long xD I finished the challenge a while back, and it was seriously a lot of fun.