Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 10:01 PM
I've been goofing around a bit in Mountainside Valley today. So far, it's mostly been set-up - randomizing orientations and secondary aspirations, checking LTWs, getting people into the right careers when possible, and so on. Two of the stay-at-home moms have secret dreams of being Captain Hero, while another wants to marry off six children. Cyan and Ryan the popularity boys both want to be Cult Leaders. Robin is the only sim to already be in the right career for his LTW. Acacia randomized as gay, and I'm hoping to pair her up with Layla, who's bi. Layla wants to have 5 Top Businesses, and her mom Nadia got fortune as a secondary, so I guess they'll work on that together.

I've added an empty downtown, and a cleaned La Fiesta Tech (where I turned the bin sims into dormies) so there are some more romantic options for the single sims. Poor Stuart, though, is almost the only gay male around. (His nephew Ryan is bi.) Maybe when the professors spawn there will be someone for him, or a vampire or warlock.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 6:56 PM
I've been playing MV again, three one-day rounds are almost complete. (Some college left on the third round.) Almost all adults have found their LTW careers, and there are some new pregnancies and engagements. I'll put this under a spoiler cut, because it's fairly long.

And that's the status of my Mountainside Valley right now.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#28 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 10:09 PM
@Felicia1066 I love how you played the families. Kind of a second Widespot. I love it.

Thanks for playing. It's always fun to read how the downloaders played the neighborhoods.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#29 Old 3rd May 2015 at 10:56 AM
Oh dear. Violet went and threw me triplets...
Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:22 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 3rd May 2015 at 3:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066
Oh dear. Violet went and threw me triplets...

LOL! I wonder how Grey and Craig feel about it... :/

My Violet gave birth to a boy named Red (Kurtin-Bailey). I thought Red was a perfect name given the circumstances and the current state of relationships and havoc going on.

What's so funny about my Violet is that she managed to let Craig, instead of Grey, catch her "cheating". She actually kissed her husband in front of Craig, which infuriated him. And I was like "Like, really? That's her husband, dude."

So, basically, she still wants to be with Grey and apparently, wanted to make sure that Craig got that message. As for Craig, when I played his household, he had a fear of getting engaged to Violet, so I guess it's just a matter of ego.
Instructor
#31 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:16 PM
All of my original kids are at Uni now and some have even graduated and starting homes of their own! I am still enjoying this hood so much!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandy2Simmer
All of my original kids are at Uni now and some have even graduated and starting homes of their own! I am still enjoying this hood so much!

Oh! Wow! You've been playing the neighborhood for quite a while! Mine are still in school. I only managed to play the neighborhood for one rotation (1 day for each household). Yet, in that one rotation, a lot has manage to happen as I mentioned earlier.

Let us know more about what happens in your version. We're happy to read it all.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 8:08 PM Last edited by grammapat : 8th Jun 2015 at 10:53 PM.
Default found the unknown backward-pants boy
I've played everyone; some of the families had more babies, most of the originals are now elders. One of the first things I did was give the Rhein triplets a make-over, and story-lines so I could tell them apart. Cecilia (the wild one) who was pregnant by Craig Bailey didn't want anything to do with Craig Jr. Sheila (the home-body) married townie Robin Moore -she had their son Robby the day after Cecilia delivered. Mathilda (the serious one) brought home a "waiter" who is a house crasher; he walks into every house I play! Mathilda moved out; I may have to have her "move in" the stupid waiter, just so I can kill the pervert!
Here are the 3 girls, Cecilia on left (pregnant in her underwear); Craig is in back (he feels so welcome here, he just comes over whenever he feels...lonely?. Sheila in the middle, and Mathilda...

In the McCormick house, Virginia seemed like a real B... when she was pregnant with a new baby, Randy.

"Runaway" teen Ryan came home when Randy was a toddler...they are so cute together, I just had to dress them alike. Ryan is going steady with Layla Shaer

It was really hard to get Ryan to even like his parents a little.

The Treah family had 3 more kids; Bud, Maple, and Rose. Maple has to be the sadist looking kid I've ever seen (never mind the fuggly factor)!

HELP? I can't remember how many kids the Kurtins "shipped with"; just 2 boys Cyan and Green?
If that's correct, I created two more; Cotton (gorilla boy) and cute April

When Bud Treah became a boy, his outfit was borked - his pants are on backwards!

P.S. You might want to check out the "Random Pictures" thread...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Trainee Moderator
#34 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 12:09 PM

The Kurtins shipped 3 children. Cyan, Green and an unborn one (the father of this child is Craig)

Anyway, I like how you made over the sims. They look great.
Delilah would be glad to have grandchildren.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:14 PM
Thanks. And it seemed "natural" for Delilah & Stuart McCormick to get together, but Stuart continues to live with Craig. Cyan Kurtin became a Rock God, but is always lonely. Between a wishing well & the matchmaker, he's had lots of Groupies to grope. Not all the dates were good..

But when 2 of them were blond waitresses, I just HAD to let them be pregnant. They live together in a crappy house

Autumn had his daughter Summer (who looks like Cyan); Nora (in black lace) had his son Cayenne. He became a toddler with braids that look like dad (cute), but a worse-than-alien nose...where did THAT come from!

Cyan is wealthy, I built him a new house, so seems like he should support his kids...

Mad Poster
#36 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:40 PM
Oh! Wow! His life is messy! Glad to see he started taking care of himself and his kids/family/whatever-you'd-call-them-in-this-messy-situation. :P

I can't wait to see what you did with the rest! Keep 'em coming!

Side note: First of all: Yeah, 'Cyan' wasn't the best name I could give him, but since it's "flashy" colour, I thought it suited his personality. Also, his son's nose, that's probably his nose, but at the toddler stage, you don't get exactly the same features as when they're teens. Just wait till he grows to teen.

Another thing regarding Deliah (BTW, it's Deliah guys, a variant spelling of Delia, not Delilah. I got confused myself at first. ), she does seem like she's meant to be with Stuart, but I'm not quite so sure myself, cause I could hook him up with one of her daughters instead, probably Cecilia or Mathilda...
Trainee Moderator
#37 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:18 PM
That's Violet's nose. It looks terrible as a toddler and child but it will improve once they become teens.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#38 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 6:41 PM
Funny, I expected Craig to be the Valentine of this hood, but it's Cyan that's written his own life. He kept wanting to dance, etc. When he first moved out I had him go to a lot where he can win dance contests (he DID), and meet the ladies - which he was also keen to do. But in this hood, where there are almost NO TOWNIES, I also let him use the gypsy and wishing well. When he got the old witch (shudder) I looked at his "turn ons"; he LIKED gray hair! I had to change that. He'll stay friends with his kids, but there will be no more. Actually, both mommies still WANT him...dum dum DUM! Maybe this WILL get messy!
Kamilah Treah married Green Kurten; you'll recognize the wedding guests. They both became doctors before moving back to Kamilah's parent's house to start a family..

Everyone was happy to greet baby Kammi {trying to spell the short word for camouflage - should the name be "Cami", "Cammi"? As in "camouflage curtain"}
I'm sure when little sister Rose Treah is through throwing food at her face, she'll be excited too...

Because I like to play every house a bit differently: Green Treah is not much like his brother; he sort of was "invited" to get his own place. He keeps getting fired- McDonalds, crime, and "cleaning" are just not for him; he wants to be a professional party guest but there doesn't seem to be a lot of job openings. He married a cute blond, who works -sort of. I never direct them to clean - and they don't much mind. They are good at getting guest to help out--even if they don't do things quite right..

They may be causing some problems: here they are on a date and Mandy decides she likes Grey Kurtin AND a married woman (Griona James). Green was busy eating and didn't notice. They must have left without paying; they only had $54 and still had that when they came home.

They are as careless about birth control (ACR!) as they are about money...

"Gee, how did THAT happen?!" "I dunno, wanna dance?" "Tee Hee"

Trainee Moderator
#39 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:49 PM
Sorry. I forgot to check this thread from time to time.

Anyway, it's always so different! LOL

btw I like how you made over Mathilda Rhein. She looks gorgeous. Even though the Rheins have strong genetics...

My Simblr
Page 2 of 2