Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 3:00 AM
Replies: 46 (Who?), Viewed: 31160 times.
Page 2 of 2
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#26 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 3:52 PM
Well I only checked a few of my own things -- two older entries had links to mts, two newer ones had those adfly links. In combination with them posting "I thought it would be nice to earn some money with this" that does not look like an honest mistake to me; seems like they ran the whole thing as a Finds site initially and then after some time decided to try and monetise it. This is "screwing over the creators". But yeah, if enough people complain maybe they'll stop that and go back to being purely a Finds thing.

Stuff for TS2 TS3 TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Moderator
staff: moderator
#27 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 4:06 PM
@Bakie
Kind of, although I don't have to right click. Just hovering over it with the mouse pointer shows a link (for me at least). As an example, when I hover over your YouTube link in your signature this is what I see: youtu.be/IOigN4ZXzw - which is similar to what you see for those adfly links when you right click one.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 8:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakie
@FakeHouses|RealAwesome
I can't read...greek? Or what language is that?


Ha, it's Russian. But to anyone wondering: you can right-click the page and translate it instantly (with Chrome at least), but if you want to see if they've uploaded your content you can just search in English because sims3planet.net uses the original titles of the items they snag and reupload.

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesmasher221
I don't want to like get mad at her though... :/
She is probably just doing this because she likes blogging and she loves the Sims. I highly doubt she is doing this maliciously and just trying to screw over the custom content creators...


I'm not mad either. More dissapointed... (That's much whorse!)
No seriously, I think your right about she is doing this because she likes blogging and The Sims, but I think she just not understands that some people don't like it if their stuff is shared on another place then here on Modthesims. The only thing about this is, that if I click on all links, I get the adfly site and others just got send to Modthesims. Or as @plasticbox said, some links will send you to Modthesims and others to adfly.
So the real question is if things are uploaded on adfly or if it's only some advertisement in between the download click and going to Modthesims. But this way you can't choose to not click the advertisement and so she will be paid always.

Or maybe I just misunderstand the situation.
Still waiting for her answering my email, maybe I'm just wrong with my thoughts about this and she will explain to me how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
Bakie
Kind of, although I don't have to right click. Just hovering over it with the mouse pointer shows a link (for me at least). As an example, when I hover over your YouTube link in your signature this is what I see: youtu.be/IOigN4ZXzw - which is similar to what you see for those adfly links when you right click one.


Ok, I think I use another browser then you do, or got different configuration then.
Your way of hovering over links and displaying the actual link sounds as a save way to me, because this way you can tell more easely if links are really what the say they are. What browser do you use? I'm on Chrome myself.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Moderator
staff: moderator
#30 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:00 PM
@Bakie
I use FIreFox and have the ad block, ad block pop-up add-ons, which is why I never see the actual AdFly pages. I'm not sure if either of those add-ons is why I see links the way I do or not.. I've used FireFox for so many years and have had so many different add-ons/plug-ins/extensions that I can't even remember how it acts without all those things, lol.

I didn't even notice that she has links to some of my stuff there until today. The 2 I checked go to my tumblr, which is fine with me. Now I'm going to have to see if there's more there and where the links go to. If there are any AdFly links I won't be happy and will have to say something. (But I have a feeling there won't be any AdFly links if more of my stuff is there. That seems to be a recent change.)

edit: This is on her site now:
Quote:
Hello fellow Simmers,

I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that I am going to stop the ad fly links. I got a email saying that I shouldn't do it cause I am taking the credit an I just want you all to know that is not what I am doing I told you from the start that I am not taking credit for any of the work. My job is to find great downloads to share with other simmers that love your stuff...

So no more AdFly links in the future. (She really should change all the existing links...)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 9:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
@Bakie
I use FIreFox and have the ad block, ad block pop-up add-ons, which is why I never see the actual AdFly pages. I'm not sure if either of those add-ons is why I see links the way I do or not.. I've used FireFox for so many years and have had so many different add-ons/plug-ins/extensions that I can't even remember how it acts without all those things, lol.

I didn't even notice that she has links to some of my stuff there until today. The 2 I checked go to my tumblr, which is fine with me. Now I'm going to have to see if there's more there and where the links go to. If there are any AdFly links I won't be happy and will have to say something. (But I have a feeling there won't be any AdFly links if more of my stuff is there. That seems to be a recent change.)

edit: This is on her site now:

So no more AdFly links in the future. (She really should change all the existing links...)


Ah so she did get my email! I don't have an email back, but I'm glad she responce with this on her website.
Maybe I should send her another email, saying I'm glad she's going to change things in future. And maybe if she would consider changing all the existing links like you say. It will be a lot of work, maybe she's already doing this..

Thanks for mentioning it, otherwise I maybe wouldn't read it.

About the youtube video. Someone on another website told me he commented too on the video so Kids World would know he's doing this wrong.
Now I just checked the video and he disabled the comments! So I don't think he's going to delete the video himself. I don't like this person..at all!

I did get an email back from youtube but I didn't mentioned my full name with my report, so I have to send it again.
(I have asked Scumbumbo what he emailed, so I know for sure that what I'm going to report will be responced with the deleting my video too.) Still a bit "scared" reporting things...

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakie
Ah so she did get my email! I don't have an email back, but I'm glad she responce with this on her website.
Maybe I should send her another email, saying I'm glad she's going to change things in future.

A thank you is always nice, she didn't know people would have an issue with what she was doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakie
(I have asked Scumbumbo what he emailed, so I know for sure that what I'm going to report will be responced with the deleting my video too.) Still a bit "scared" reporting things...

I responded to your PM, but I'll put a copy of it here for anyone else's reference as well. The second copy of the FULL NAME is important as that's the "digital signature" for the afadavit portion of the email:
Code:
From: EMAIL_ADDRESS
Subject: Copyright Infringement Notice

------ BODY OF EMAIL ------
Legal Name of Copyright Holder: MY_FULL_NAME

Email: EMAIL_ADDRESS

Description of Violation: The video makes a game mod, written by myself and distributed through Mod The Sims for The Sims 4, available for download illegally without prior consent or attribution.  This is in violation of my copyrighted work.

Location of Violation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEm4BfuwdK0

I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

MY_FULL_NAME
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mustluvcatz
So no more AdFly links in the future. (She really should change all the existing links...)


I send her a thank-you mail and asked her about the excisting links and she responded by letting me know she's already changing all excisting links, but because those are more than 100 links it would take a while.
So I think this case is solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbumbo

I responded to your PM, but I'll put a copy of it here for anyone else's reference as well. The second copy of the FULL NAME is important as that's the "digital signature" for the afadavit portion of the email:
Code:
From: EMAIL_ADDRESS
Subject: Copyright Infringement Notice

------ BODY OF EMAIL ------
Legal Name of Copyright Holder: MY_FULL_NAME

Email: EMAIL_ADDRESS

Description of Violation: The video makes a game mod, written by myself and distributed through Mod The Sims for The Sims 4, available for download illegally without prior consent or attribution.  This is in violation of my copyrighted work.

Location of Violation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEm4BfuwdK0

I have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

MY_FULL_NAME


I think other people can use this too. Thanks!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:08 PM Last edited by MaPo : 10th Feb 2015 at 8:45 PM.
Oh interesting that kids world user at YT.

I will try to get in touch with the file hoster.

And also just send a mail to youtube.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 8:32 PM
I've send a second mail this morning using Scumbumbo mail as example.
And just got a mail back that my video has been removed from his channel.

His whole channel is removed by the way because of multiple complaints about copyrights. I warned the guy, but he didn't responce... So it's own fault.

So everything is solved now.
If anybody finds another website,youtube channel or blog that's sharing any custom content through other upload sites than Modthesims and that's not naming the original custom content maker, you can place it in this topic. So we can try to solve things toghether.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 8:52 PM Last edited by MaPo : 11th Feb 2015 at 10:28 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakie
His whole channel is removed by the way because of multiple complaints about copyrights. I warned the guy, but he didn't responce... So it's own fault.
So everything is solved now.
Yeah I've got conformation of the removal of the content from YT too. But I think he will do it again by using another Nickname and Email Adress, so we have to keep our eyes open.

Edit;

Just got also a answer of my zippy share ticket and want let you now.
Quote:
Hello,

The reported file(s) has been deleted due to copyright infringement.
Best regards, Zippyshare Abuse Department
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#37 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 1:47 AM
Moderator
staff: moderator
#38 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 1:54 AM
Kind of sad to say "Awesome", isn't it? Only kind of though. Instead of disabling comments on those videos he should have voluntarily removed them. Although I don't think that would have stopped YouTube from "terminating" him.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 2:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPo
Yeah I've got conformation of the removal of the content from YT too. But I think he will do it again by using another Nickname and Email Adress, so we have to keep our eyes open.
Edit;
Just got also a answer of my zippy share ticket and want let you now.


I wonder if he's going to do that again. He now knows that there only a couple complains needed to get a whole channel getting removed. It would be very stupid to do this again...
Good to hear about the Zippy Share Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
Kind of sad to say "Awesome", isn't it? Only kind of though. Instead of disabling comments on those videos he should have voluntarily removed them. Although I don't think that would have stopped YouTube from "terminating" him.

Well, I messaged him when I saw he disabled comments on my video. Said something like that this was the last time I should asked him about removing all remaining videos with Mods from modthesims from his channel. Otherwise there was a big change his whole channel should be removed because of multiple complaints. There was already one video removed, the one from Scumbumbo and I did know that Mapo already send an email and I was planning to do so too. But he didn't responced in 2 days, so I send my email to yoube too and his channel has been removed.
Just very stupid not voluntarily removing those videos. He had like 85 subscribers or so..

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 8:13 AM
I don't mind people posting my things as long as they link back to me.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 12:02 PM
Someone speaking Russian? (I think it's russian)

My Unlocked Lawn Parts with external link

Lots of other content again from a lot of other websites.
Only way is sending these people a mail or something I think, but I don't speak russian so I don't know where to send it to.
Also made a topic on TSR about it because I saw some content from that site too..

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#42 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 12:21 PM
@KuriXarya speaks Russian they are not a creator (not here at least), but they helped me with a translation before so maybe they could help you figure out how to find that contact information?

Stuff for TS2 TS3 TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 4:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbox
@KuriXarya speaks Russian they are not a creator (not here at least), but they helped me with a translation before so maybe they could help you figure out how to find that contact information?


Ok, thanks Pb!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 5:32 PM
I'm also Russian - if you'll need it in future. Cause I'm already fed up with stoling my Sims 3 lots by my tremendous compatriots, I'll gladly help if it'll be needed.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:04 AM
HI, I don't know if this is authorized or not, but I'm seeing mods on this site http://sims4downloads.net/category/mods/ that are also posted on modthesims.info. Could be totally fine, I don't know what the situation is, but I thought I'd at least mention it.
Moderator
staff: moderator
#46 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:57 AM
The download button on that site lead to the download here - at least the few I checked do. So that's not a problem.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:56 PM
I thought it might be good to share that I have noticed that every time I click a adfly link my macafee internet security goes crazy and tells me that I am trying to load a malicious site and then when I click the skip ad link it generates a popup that gives the same malicious site warning. So it is more than just making money off other peoples creations it is spreading either malware or viruses by linking to other peoples creations.

"Don't worry everybody's a loser at something"
--
"Sure there are plenty more fish in the sea, BUT WHO THE H*** WANTS TO DATE A F***ING FISH!"
--
Also check out my artwork at http://confusedlittlekitty.deviantart.com/
Page 2 of 2
Back to top