Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mini Service Lots-Police and Fire Station

by joandsarah77 Posted 6th Feb 2015 at 5:18 AM - Updated 24th Jul 2016 at 9:44 AM by joandsarah77

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 2:14 PM
These are perfect, Jo!!! Thank you I love your attention to detail - especially the fridge behind the Police counter.
I haven't made my own set yet, so - you just saved me a whole bunch of "work"! Thanks

BTW - "If the archway fills in, save the lot and reload to fix. That is graphical only and does not affect sims walking" Really? Cool! I always run into this issue when building - I didn't know it was fixable! YAY!

...ya learn somethin' new everyday *wink* I guess I'm done for the day!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 3:58 PM
Love these, thank you :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 4:39 PM
A police and fire station are on my list of essential NPC lots for my BaCC, and small ones like these are perfect! Nice work, thank you!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:08 PM
Wonderful! I want my career sims to have some place to go that fits their career. Great for daily life in the sim 'hood machinima. These make so much sense for a neighborhood. Now if I could just figure out how to make firefighter and cop sims show up here to work and somehow keep their ingame careers. Hmmm, maybe Inge at simlogical has something...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:19 PM
Thank you Cat. yes indeed any of those doors/windows/arches placed with moveobjects will show up normally after saving and reloading.

Thanks LolaLeischen, hope you enjoy the lots.

lorinsv60, good idea as BACC NPC lots, I had forgotten about that. :D

Thanks Cat - goodness there are a lot around. Simlogical has a meeting controller that you can use. Also place a school/job stopper sign out the front. This way the game thinks they are at work even if they are selectable on your other lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 11:12 PM
Cool. Thanks!
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 12:32 AM
I have the SC4 style service and school lots from the creator d_unit and was disappointed to find they had missed out the police stations. I was about to make my own one (which I could never upload due to my computer suddenly blocking all my downloads, causing the Super duper hug bug to appear in menus and removing my NPC mods which most likely resulted in severe corruption) but seeing a police station download from a often seen Sims lover means I will be downloading you police station as soon as i finish writing this long Thank you post.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:27 AM
Thanks Sims2Insomniac.

Sims2Christain
The fire station was influenced by the small fire station in SC4. The police station I modeled after my own larger one in game but made it smaller. I thought about making a clinic as well, but I saw one on here probably by d_unit so decided just to make these two. Make sure you instal Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded to hide the Super Hug. It won't remove it, but it does stop it showing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:08 PM
Great idea joandsarah! I was wondering if it would be possible to get the fire truck or police car to park at these cute lots. Does anyone know?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 10:08 PM
Anne, I use the police car here: http://modthesims.info/d/100380
And this fire truck here: http://modthesims.info/d/176796
I said in the description if you use the fire truck it will poke out of the garage but it is still usable. A smaller type fire vehicle would probably look better. The fire career here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=261722 that I use in my game comes with some other vehicles. I don't know if the creator of the career found them or made them or if they could somehow be extracted.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 12:49 AM
Thanks for the help.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 3:04 PM
I always love a good service lot. Even if they aren't nearly as playable as a typical community lot (though this is), I find it weird not to have these types of lots in my hood, and they tend to be what I focus on building or downloading the most. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 12:50 AM
Nice idea I've been searching for a police and fire station that was not just deco thank you.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:21 AM
These are just perfect for my game!! Thank you for sharing. And for no CC.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 12:20 AM
perfect for my neighborhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(went a little overboard with the exclamation marks, but im really excited)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 1:27 PM
How did I miss these? Thank you, Jo! They're lovely!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 8:01 AM
Don't know esme, but how did I miss yours and all the other new posts!

Thank you for the comments; Phae, cryp,teafortwo (love the user name) youcrAzy and esme.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 12:12 AM
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:43 PM
I love, perfect, thank you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 11:18 PM
Thanks for downloading and commenting.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 4:50 AM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th May 2017 at 6:42 PM
Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th May 2017 at 5:11 PM
I absolutely love small lots, how did I miss these? Thank you.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 3:39 AM
Modded the police station into a K-9 training center, for the Large Dog strays in the 'hood (the center will take 4 of them at a time). Used Lot Expander to extend the back side of the lot and added four kennels and a roaming area. The dogs also can (and do) get out to follow their trainers around town.
Page 1 of 2