Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:43 AM
Default I played a single family in an empty town with WTF townies!
I downloaded the Victorian Bay world from the exchange which is an empty town, moved a family in the town, and left it empty besides them, and so when I got my sims jobs and had them throw a Leisure Day pool party and invite their randomly generated coworkers over for it, I got some WTF clothing on the townies, one lady has the equestrian helmet from Pets which I HATE, and some girls were swimming in a Sims Medieval-Sims 3 dress conversion that's randomly enabled for swimwear and bikini tops with the Victorian bloomers I have from Allaboutstyle... What makes it even funnier is their names since I have the Gothic Victorian name generator from here.... LOL
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:45 AM
If you can, post some pics! It sounds great fun
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:50 AM
Sadly the only pics I took focus on my sims and the townies that are in the pics don't look that weird... sorry
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:57 AM
Then again, some of my sims have odd swimwear due to being historical
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 4:38 AM
I've never understood why in the name of hell EA thought to make the horse riding helmet set to random. Same with the bee-keeping veil hat.

'Sup don't mind me guys I'ma just wander through the neighbourhood with a net across my face. I promise I'm not a murderer.'
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 12:47 PM
Yeah, the choices of hats are... baffling at times. I have a paparazzo outside with a beekeeper veil, an acrobat with a witch hat who got reassigned as a barkeep (go home, Register, you're drunk), and so on.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 6:29 PM
I actually sometimes use the beekeeping veil hat on the sims I make because it also makes a good Goth Victorian/Steampunk hat and/or Victorian/vintage mourning hat with the right color scheme
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 8:17 PM
I guess I'll share the pool party pictures I did take of some of my vampire ladies
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 8:31 PM

My hippie sim Rainbow swims in her bikini top and maxi skirt and my Regency sim Jane swims in the Titanic swim dress from Allaboutstyle I have enabled for swimwear using S3OC and complain of being tired while my Ancient Greek/Roman sim Antigone is in the background towards the stairs headed to swim or go to bed, don't remember which and my Victorian sim Victoria is about to swim

Mary, my '20's flapper sim, swimming in her sailor swimsuit

My Victorian sim Victoria about to swim in her sailor dress that was supposed to be for a Living Dead Doll sim I enabled for swimwear as well

My baroque/rococo sim Marie out of the pool and in her steampunk swimwear, in the bathroom complaining that the toilet broke LOL, also that's Antigone's bedroom next to the bathroom
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 18th Feb 2015 at 9:06 PM.
Default Speaking of random hats...
This babe got added to the university dorm by the game this semester:

Why, hello there, Genghis Khan...

KHAAAAAN! Err, wrong movie...

Edit: also, hello, Mr Gnome :p

Screenshots
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 9:18 PM
Not as much a complaint about the outfit per se, but I was classmates with this girl in business school just last semester. I guess the current job market is worse than I thought.

Well, more seriously, somehow the powers than be determined that what the University town REALLY needs is a mime. So it took a perfectly good student out for that, and replaced her in the dorm with miss Attila The Hun. You know, the one with the spiked winter cap. Go home, Register, you're drunk...

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 7:26 PM
I've never gotten around to installing a mod that blacklists clothing or hats, so I see some fairly hideous things on townies in my game at times. The bee keeper hat, the witch hats, the riding helmets, yeah, they all still show up on randomly generated townies. Sadly, I'm so used to it that now that I don't bother to take captures of them most of the time. But I do have a couple of older ones I'll share, that still make me laugh/cringe.

The Bride of Frankenteacher.

Two paparazzi, one in the jester hat and Christmas sweater, and the other in a bridal gown. At least the woman was trying to go formal for the bistro...

Ah, the free EA gift New Year's hats. Fashion choice of NPCs everywhere, even when they don't fit in your freakin' car.

Then, there were the speedos. Those speedos flagged for everyday-appropriate that paparazzi and random sims loved to wear. Eventually I uninstalled them, because of way too many sims like this showing up:

This evil green mutant sim let this one in the speedo know that wasn't going to fly in her town. The best part of that was that the fight was autonomous, as I was playing a different household at the time.
Scholar
#16 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 11:13 AM
In other news today, speaking of drunk mods, the newly installed NRaas Story Progression has chosen Miss Genghis Khan above as the new town Tart. Apparently that spiked helmet is playing havoc with young sims' hormones

Whelp, I think it's high time I took matters into my own hands. And did something about those hats too. From now on, everyone caught wearing a stupid hat is getting a bright anime dye job :p
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Moraelin : 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:33 AM.
Ah yes, now I remember why I didn't let Dresser loose on my carefully hand-crafted townsfolk.

For a start it decided that what an Asian teenager really needs is not just more makeup, but a dragon tattooed all over her face. Because, you know, that's what Asians do. Or maybe she was going to a Skyrim convention

But then came the real lulz, when it decided that what's REALLY missing in this outfit is a gimp mask.

I guess now we know who's just gotten into 50 shades of grey

KHAAAAN!... err... wrong movie. DRESSEEER!

Hmm... I can't even decide if it's drunk or it just went sentient and knows a bit TOO well what it's doing. Maybe I should worry about it raising an army of terminators and invading Strangetown

Edit: Ah, and then there's THIS:

GAH! WHY?

(NB, the pic is taken in Stylist, but I didn't give her that mask. I'm just in the process of removing it.)

Edit: GAH! Her sleepwear!

I think we found a long lost relative of Jon Arbuckle (of Garfield fame.)

I think it just illustrates the old theological problem: if The Watcher exists, why do they allow such random acts of accessorizing to happen to good people? Is it to test our faith? As punishment for our sins? Just for lulz? :p
Screenshots
Scholar
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:18 PM
Well, in my case I let it loose on the town because I'm trying an old town again, way back when yeah, I still had premades in, just because the newer ones I made seem to have too many sims for Story Progression. (Turns out, even a quad i7 at 3400 GHz isn't quite enough for almost 200 residents with Story Progression. The old one has just about enough for it to use almost all the CPU. Literally, speed 3 is almost the same as speed 1.) So, anyway, it was long ago, and I installed and uninstalled lots of mods since then, so I figured I'd let it replace any pieces of clothing that are no longer available. Like the bra on that last pic obviously got replaced. Giving half the town gimp masks and clown makeup ain't quite what I had in mind :p

Just about the only sim where I actually found it tolerable was, well, just as I was about to drag her to the stylist to remove the stupid goggles she got as an everyday accessory, a popup came up that reminded me she's the town's alpha Loon. Then I'm like, oh, ok, then those goggles make sense :p
Scholar
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 10:01 PM
Well, incidentally it IS a remodelled Sunset Valley. I wouldn't go by the buildings, though. I'm not quite the builder, so I just tend to plop the standard consignment house, alchemy store, fire department, etc, on all maps. So you'd really see the same building in my Swallow Island or Sylvan Springs or Riverview maps. I occasionally make a new night club or disco to party in, and I made quite a few sorority/fraternity/dorm buildings to party.... err... study in. But something that I just visit once a week to sell stuff... eh, the standard buildings work just fine :p
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:04 PM
I think the reason why EAxis made these outfits random is because in real life there are a lot of freaks out there who wear inappropriate/freaky/non-matching clothing.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
How did you remodel it? The terrain and lightning are the EXACT SAME as the basegame modless version of Sunset Valley. (This is also why i thought it looked like SV.)

You mean like you used CAW to add roads and level mountains in the SV terrain, and then you put lots and sims in there using content from various EPs, SPs and stuff packs?

I mean I demolished pretty much everything, including the rabbitholes and whatnot, and then added my own lots and sims.
Page 1 of 2