Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:39 PM
Default Black Pearl Sims is closing
A PSA, so everyone can go save any pictures, CC, tutorials, etc. that they'd like to keep.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:50 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 15th Feb 2015 at 7:08 PM.
This is sad!

It's quite sad to see Sims related websites, blogs, etc... closing down!

Now, if we're gonna talk about the CC, tutorials etc..., then I suggest, to those who are registered on that site, to ask permission from the people over there to download everything along with the pictures and host it on the Graveyard. This will definitely help keep everything "with in reach.", we have to make sure that we download the pictures as well. Same thing goes to the tutorials!

And in the end, we give credit to those who created the CC/wrote the tutorials.

This is a group project, people! We can't do this all alone!

ETA: If its worth it, then we might as well help them out with some donations.

ETA2:

Link to TS2 Downloads: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1
Link to Tutorials: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/forum...hp?26-Tutorials

ETA3: http://sims2graveyard.com/ or http://sims3graveyard.com/
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:53 PM
Thats so sad, been my home away from home in the sims world!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:16 PM
Oh no! I had just discovered that site a few months ago and was thrilled at all the amazing CC the folks over there have created, and everyone there is so pleasant
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:27 PM
I checked a few of the uploads on the website and it doesn't look like they host them on their own server, instead they use file-hosting sites like Mediafire, box, etc... So this should make it easier, somehow... :/
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:28 PM
Yet another Sims 2 site is going . Then again, it lasted a fairly long time; longer than some of the sites in the old days. So long, BPS
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 7:44 PM
Well that sucks. BPS had some decent content too. Always a shame to see a TS2 CC site close. I swear eventually it'll get to the point where all that's left is MTS and TSR..

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:51 PM
Oh no.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:52 PM
I guess that explains why they haven't been taking on any new members. Huge shame when big sites are lost. Good luck with storing all the content. I'd help, but I don't have an account.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Well that sucks. BPS had some decent content too. Always a shame to see a TS2 CC site close. I swear eventually it'll get to the point where all that's left is MTS and TSR..

Nah, there's Garden of Shadows, and also there's a sizable community on Tumblr, LiveJournal, and Dreamwidth that still makes CC for TS2. A lot of GoS members have blogs on at least one of those. I've found some very talented creators and amazing CC poking around in all those places.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:03 PM
GOS is a great place but they do not generally produce that type of very pretty/sea side like/countrified type of content. So it's no replacement for BPS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
ETA: If its worth it, then we might as well help them out with some donations.

The state that even if donations go over 450 they are still closing and goin to the smaller forum that would be by invite only and all excess funds received would go towards the setting up of this few site.

Don't get me wrong, I am not sayin not to contribute either either them or any other place, just that they have already made the decision and additional funds at this late date will not change their minds.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:19 PM
I'm kind of not surprised. They were struggling with their donation drive this year - only just made it last year. Shame though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#14 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:28 PM
I do think MMAA has the right idea though and they should donate all that they that they don't wish to host to the graveyard. They have alot of retired creators stuff they could have culled and donated to the graveyard and prob saved space, traffic, money ... whatever. I have never had a site so I do not know all that goes into it.

I'm glad that comin back to Sims 2 after umm.. 5ish? years of bein away that MTS, Simbology, MATY, and Insim are still around as they were the places that I ventured the most, though I didn't talk, I was more a lurker, especially on MATY or PMBD.

I found an old download folder in which I have stuff and those places no longer exist. When I get time .. lol yeah right as if such a thing exists .. *grins* ... I will though donate what I have to the graveyard if they would like it. I'm just glad that it's my 'organized' folder and not my unorganized one, for which I don't know where that one is, some other cd laying around in one of the numerous unmarked cd's I have.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:45 PM
That's so sad. ):

Time to go on a CC spree, then.

In all seriousness, I hope they work to get their stuff uploaded somewhere else, at least the Graveyard.

Edit: I wonder if these Mediafire / box / whatever sites they've uploaded their CC to have accounts we can link to? Like user accounts containing their uploads?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 11:01 PM
So sad ;(
I'm a sad, sad Cat right now...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#18 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 11:54 PM
Isn't Jonesi's bed blanket on BPS? There are a million and one things slaved to the bedblanket...

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 7:16 AM Last edited by gazania : 16th Feb 2015 at 6:25 PM.
Oh, no. This really is bad. BPS is a major site concerning downloads and tutorials.

I can only beg the creators there to put their stuff on the Graveyard, or better yet, upload their stuff to here, Dreamwidth,Tumblr or LJ. Or Simscave. Please don't let your stuff die! There are other possible sites as well. There was such a wealth of good material there. The thought of any of it disappearing is sad.

The tutorials are a big deal. BPS was one of the remaining repositories of good, basic tutes. Yes, please save the pictures as well. The tutorials are equally as important as the downloads. TSR got rid of their tutorials.

And a last-minute donation drive isn't going to help save the downloads and tutorials, it seems. I'm really sorry about that.

EDIT ... Well, I copied all the tutes I wanted, and a chunk of the downloads. If I wasn't sure, I downloaded it anyway. I plan to burn them to a CD in case I change my mind. I see a few of the download links are invalid already.

I'm sure most regulars here know this, but perhaps the newcomers don't . Buggybooz has a site:

http://buggybooz.blogspot.com/

It's really sad that Buggybooz no longer creates Sims items. The stuff on this site is top-quality. I wish I could let BB know this in person. If you download nothing else, the nooks and niches, Craftsman set, Shakerlicious stuff, Kitchen Basic and Enchanted Garden are well worth a look. The entire site, is, actually. Creators constantly use the meshes from this site. Go forth, and thank BB in your heart for not yanking this yet. Repeatedly say "thank you". I know I do.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 6:51 PM
Thanks for that link, Gazania. Gorgeous stuff. I'm also very happy with the Parsimonious Garden's plants and other objects - another link from you. And I thought I'd never download any CC. Ha.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 7:17 PM
@gazania Any chance you can get these on the Graveyard?

Theorist
#22 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Isn't Jonesi's bed blanket on BPS? There are a million and one things slaved to the bedblanket...

Hugelunatic fixed the bed blanket as well as added a single version. So, the bed blanket mesh can be found at sims2artists.com if need be (most people include the mesh with their recolors). There are also a number of items that are slaved to blanket on that site as well.

The only thing I've not seen anywhere else are the additional blanket addons (done by another creator) that are on BPS.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#23 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 9:02 PM
As far as I know, Buggybooz' site is not closing yet. Anything Buggybooz has on BPS that isn't on the site, though, may be in danger of disappearing, but I believe much of it is on both.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
GOS is a great place but they do not generally produce that type of very pretty/sea side like/countrified type of content. So it's no replacement for BPS.

I know... I like a variety of styles and I've got lots of CC from both places (I'm especially into the beachy stuff). I was just saying there are still a few places aside from MTS and T$R that make great stuff for Sims 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 10:31 PM Last edited by siletka : 16th Feb 2015 at 11:45 PM.
I can't even get into BPS. Tried to create a new user but no approvals.

Bummer. ): At least I can check out the bed blanket from HugeLunatic and stuff from Buggybooz.

Edit: BPS removed my account. Guess I'm definitely not getting in, huh.

Locked thread
Page 1 of 3