Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 2:35 PM
Default Why do the students walk so weird?
Yes , why do the students ( young adults) walk so sloppy they look so lazy , is there a fix to make them walk like adults or ?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 2:50 PM
I know I'm pretty unenthusiastic about going to class...
If you want to fix it, I'm pretty sure there is a fix... somewhere. In fact I think there's multiple. I googled it and apparently there's one on Simbology - but I don't seem to be able to find it.
Heres a link to Uni related mods, hopefully you'll be able to find it: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0
Maybe you could try a WCIF thread?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 2:52 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 4th Mar 2015 at 2:53 PM. Reason: Bigsimsfan12 already added a link.
The reason why they walk that way is to differentiate between them and adults. Because other than their voice, you pretty much can't tell if they're YAs/Students or Adults.

I personally don't mind it. I actually like it. As I said, helps me tell who's who. Plus it looks funny. :P
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM
It's one of those things that's used to differentiate them from full adults. It's supposed to show coolness or youth nonchalance
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM
The link for TwoJeffs fix for the YA walk is actually this one: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0 Its at the bottom of the page.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:11 PM
I love the way the young adult walk, like other members have said, it help you to tell and know the different between the Adults and young adult.
After all they want to look "hip and cool" so if they want to walk like they are the next Mr. or Ms. big thing around I just let them walk their walk.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:27 PM
Although I still can't detect this walk that's so obvious to everyone else (and I play University a lot!), if it is slowed down, I presume it's because time is slower in University, too. Unlike the rush through life of the main hoods, YAs at college have all the time in the world to do everything they want to do (give or take a class), and they luxuriate in it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:06 AM
Because you're finally out of your parent's house and you're on your own. Woo! Just to prove how suave you are, now that your pesky parents are no longer "in your way", you gotta walk the suave walk!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:44 AM
Given their diet (least in the Greek Houses) on daily boxes of pizza and getting high on blowing bubbles and drinking pineapple juice from the hose. It's no wonder they're a little slow in their walking around campus. The slight slouch in their posture as they walk is pretty difficult to detect if you don't have a young adult and adult do a side-by-side walk comparison.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:00 AM
I don't really care if the young adults walk like that. I may prefer how the adults walk, but the way the young adults walk don't worry me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 7:57 AM
Although it is probably to distinguish them from adults - and there are mods, I'm sure - I like to think it is because they are students and students have a right to be weird
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:24 AM
I modded that out long ago.

I don't know about other people, but when I was a kolege stoodent, back in the Dark Ages, I was always running everywhere because otherwise I was always trying to stay asleep as long as humanly possible when I wasn't in a class, at a lesson, or at a gig. So, when I was actually awake, I was running to get to someplace on time.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:22 AM
I'd have preferred the Young Adult and Adult animations to be determined based on personality and mood. Yes, lots of students are lazy and others think the slouchy walk is cool (both of which fit the Young Adult walk well), but there are others who are among the most energetic people I've ever met... ...and some who switched between them depending on whether they were feeling happy or "meh" about the world at the moment. (Also, there was a joke that some students walked slowly to classes and quickly away from them, especially if the latter was to go somewhere that the student considered fun).
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 3:57 PM
I've always wondered what was up with the pregnant walk.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:12 PM
Oh the pregnant walk is pretty realistic Although the sims do seem to be afflicted from around 3 months on. Whereas in my experience it only really hits the last month or so.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:34 PM
Oh, I understand it on pregnant sims. It's to say that young adults walk like they're pregnant.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:47 PM
No they don't! I can see the pregnant walk - it involves leaning backward to balance the baby bump. The most I can see YAs doing is slowing down a bit.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 5:00 PM
They seem to walk as if someone is pulling or pushing them, and they have a hard time keeping balance.
Instructor
#19 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 8:43 PM
I hate the YA walk. I like building huge, elaborate campuses for my Sims but class would always be over by the time my Sims made it to the edge of the lot. Simbiology's mod helped quite a bit.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 6:56 AM
Young adults and Pregnant Sims do not walk the same. Pregnant Sims walk as if to prevent themselves from going off balance, whereas Young adults walk as if they're sloppier, lazier and less serious than Adult Sims.
Scholar
#21 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 6:06 PM
I think its because they're so chill. Mostly out of reluctance to get to class though. Because everyone know that after a long day of lazing about, eating pizza, bubble machining, and playing games, getting to class would be a nightmare. Suddenly walking normally becomes waaaaay too much effort so they end up walking in a really half assed manner. Kind of like overstuffed zombies. Hey, do zombies actually get fat like other sims? Oopsies I went off topic! The YA walk never fails to amuse me. Aah I am so easily amused
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 8:00 PM
I wouldn't mind if that didn't make them so sloooooooow. Uni is long enough without having to wait for them kids to dilly-dally to the edge of the lot. That YA walk fix linked above really helped.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
I don't really care if the young adults walk like that. I may prefer how the adults walk, but the way the young adults walk don't worry me.

I've downloaded the mod, regardless whether I care for the way young adults walk.
Instructor
#24 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 11:10 PM
It seems like YA females sway their hips in an exaggerated way.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:05 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:35 AM. Reason: Updated information based on a recent in-game revision.
For some reason, I have to move the playable young adults that are currently living in an active household out, and in again before they can start walking like adults. Otherwise they still walk like young adults — at least while I'm playing the household they're living in.

I've also done an experiment to see who can walk faster, adults, teenagers, or elders? The teenagers apparently walk slightly faster than the adults, and possibly somewhat bouncier. As for the elders, they are significantly slower walkers than the adults and teenagers.

I don't know why but for some reason when I test how fast the young adults can walk with that mod downloaded, they seem to walk faster than the adults, rather than the same speed. Their walking speed with the mod is actually closer to the walking speed of the teenagers than the walking speed of the adults.
Page 1 of 2