Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Island Counter Desks

by Honeywell Posted 8th Mar 2015 at 10:57 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2015 at 8:37 PM by Honeywell

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:33 PM
Adds a more modern touch to a 11 year old game, Thanks.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:46 PM
I have wanted my Sims to be able to use their laptops seated at a counter for as long as I've been playing the Sims. Your creative ability in finding a way to allow us to do this is awesome! The animation imperfections are minor and does not matter as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for your ingenuity and fulfilling one of my wants. I'm having a Sim platinum aspiration moment right now. :lol:
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:56 PM
Oh, I can see this used in particular to set up an internet cafe! Great idea!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:50 AM
What a great idea, thank you Honeywell! And great to see you back creating again :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 1:48 AM
This is such a wonderful idea...and will be quite useful. Thanks for the video as well - it was nice to see the full function beforehand.
Needs Coffee
#7 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 2:30 AM
I saw your video on my feed and came over right away. What a great idea.

Once the blocker is in place I take it no food prep can ever happen on that slot unless it's removed?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 3:30 AM
Wonderful Honeywell! Just what was needed!
Toaster Strudel Addict
#9 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 4:12 AM
OMG, Honeywell! I've wanted this for sooooooooo long! I know several people who have computers on breakfast bars, etc, and have always wished my sims could too!
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 3:01 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments! It's so nice to see people are still playing the Sims 2. :lovestruc
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I saw your video on my feed and came over right away. What a great idea.

Once the blocker is in place I take it no food prep can ever happen on that slot unless it's removed?

Yes, it blocks the counter slot. Whether you want to use it or not is up to you; I usually only put it on the counters with computers.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 4:37 PM
Oh, this is fantastic! I've wanted something like this for years. Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 7:01 PM
I can see this being a fantastic space saver for smaller homes which I like to use. Thank you Honeywell. n_n
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
I have wanted my Sims to be able to use their laptops seated at a counter for as long as I've been playing the Sims. Your creative ability in finding a way to allow us to do this is awesome! The animation imperfections are minor and does not matter as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for your ingenuity and fulfilling one of my wants. I'm having a Sim platinum aspiration moment right now.

I couldn't have said it better
...so, I didn't! Thanks!!!!!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 8:42 PM
Looks fun. Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 9:03 PM
I am so excited by this creation. It will add much more realism to the game. I am a faithful player and your creations figure very much in my game. Thanks so much for this. I am off to play now.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:19 PM
Thank you! Such a convenient little thing! I'm going to be using these to pieces!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 6:11 AM
Thank you - this is awesome! Can't wait to use it in game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 12:37 PM
What a shame that is too late... I always dreamed about it and also I found a way to use the kitchen islands. http://www.simsdesign.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=11552 But I'll try your objects . Thank you!
Banned
#19 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:36 PM
WoowWEE!!! Finally,thanks...I've so been wanting my Simmies to Fiddle with the computer (Counter-wise) for the longest! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:00 PM
This is seriously genius.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:57 PM
Here are some observations on the placement and usability of this great mod. It was difficult to get my child sims to use the desk for learning how to study. They would not get on the chair, shouting that it was impossible and calling the chair the culprit. But it is the desk. It has to be placed the wrong way around to work. The knee hole must be backwards when placed. Worked like a dream when placed that way except that the kids sit sideways on the chair like sims do when there is already a serving and they just want to use the chair. the kids also hold their homework. Kind of cute except their little bottoms stick out through the chair in a weird way. Not sure this is a part of the bad animation you talked about. The like block that keeps sims from preparing meals is absolutely necessary, but it sits right on the middle of the desk and while sims don't seem to mind it, I would prefer if it wasn't on top of the homework. It would be great if there was a side slot on the desk to place the "Put my homework away" picture on. Then the kids would presumably put their homework on the desk. These are just observations, not really requests. I do like this very much and thank you again for creating it. Makes sim life more interesting.
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandya
Here are some observations on the placement and usability of this great mod. It was difficult to get my child sims to use the desk for learning how to study. They would not get on the chair, shouting that it was impossible and calling the chair the culprit. But it is the desk. It has to be placed the wrong way around to work. The knee hole must be backwards when placed. Worked like a dream when placed that way except that the kids sit sideways on the chair like sims do when there is already a serving and they just want to use the chair. the kids also hold their homework. Kind of cute except their little bottoms stick out through the chair in a weird way. Not sure this is a part of the bad animation you talked about. The like block that keeps sims from preparing meals is absolutely necessary, but it sits right on the middle of the desk and while sims don't seem to mind it, I would prefer if it wasn't on top of the homework. It would be great if there was a side slot on the desk to place the "Put my homework away" picture on. Then the kids would presumably put their homework on the desk. These are just observations, not really requests. I do like this very much and thank you again for creating it. Makes sim life more interesting.

sandya, I've tried over and over and I can't replicate what you're describing. Is it possible you have the placement of the barstool on the chair OMSP wrong? I've recorded another short video of how these should work (and how the animations should look) and included the part where you place the barstool. When placing the chair OMSP the arrow should be pointing towards the desk, place the barstool on top of that and then when the game goes live the barstool will scoot in two times. Here's the new video that shows what that looks like:

I hope that helps.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
sandya, I've tried over and over and I can't replicate what you're describing. Is it possible you have the placement of the barstool on the chair OMSP wrong? I've recorded another short video of how these should work (and how the animations should look) and included the part where you place the barstool. When placing the chair OMSP the arrow should be pointing towards the desk, place the barstool on top of that and then when the game goes live the barstool will scoot in two times. Here's the new video that shows what that looks like:

I hope that helps.

Thank you so much for the time you spent trying to figure this out. After watching your video I figured out two things. One is that the OMSP must be placed before the actual stool and counter. It makes a lot of difference. The other is that if the homework is in the wrong orientation, for some reason, sims think the desk is backwards which makes them swear at the chair! I have done exactly what you showed and it is now working like you said. Even better the animation is perfect! Thanks very much. Oh one of my children always puts her homework on the desk, the other makes a big fuss and ends up putting it on the floor. Either way, I am happy this works as I really love it!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 11:50 AM
Wow. Just wow. An amazing idea. I'm favouriting this immediately! Thank you.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#25 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 2:10 PM
Thanks HW! I finally remembered to put this little set in my dl folder and just got to try it out. Awesome idea. Thanks again!
Page 1 of 2