Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 12:50 PM
I will say this I like the town. As someone who comes from farm country that isn't stereotypical in that there are people around they are just spread out more then they are in other cities and towns I see echoes of the area I live in Moonlightfalls, and i like that and the honey is nice.

So yeah once you have the mods it is my favorite pack as I love being a warewolf even if it doesn't change much and I like the town and the stuff.

It's just a shame you can't kill zombies and they are not more of a danger and the game needed a mod to get it working. if you can find it cheap I say get it, but download the mod.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#52 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
That's supposed to happen only when the spell epic fails, otherwise it should make all foods in the [shared inventory of the] fridge unspoil.
You mean it happens even when the spell is a success or you don't like that side effect when it epic fails?

Yup, even when the spell was successful, my fridge food was bad the next day. In the super duper chef's reward fridge no less, which keeps the food "fresh" indefinitely. Had to stop using that spell.

Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Thanks! I'm gonna install that mod!

But don't you think that you're just rewarding my bad whining behavior by giving me what I want?

Now I'll just whine some more to see what else I can get.

Why, sure, feel free! I consider it my mission in life to point folks towards otherwise easily obtainable fixes for their game.
Instructor
#53 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 1:04 PM
Well as someone who is brand new to the all things Sims(I know I am really late to the game)and has trouble finding stuff with Google I thank you for that
Inventor
#54 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:16 PM Last edited by Arsil : 4th Jun 2015 at 3:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Yup, even when the spell was successful, my fridge food was bad the next day. In the super duper chef's reward fridge no less, which keeps the food "fresh" indefinitely. Had to stop using that spell.

I don't have that EP, would you like to test this for me? Not sure if is the best approach for the problem but should work.
Please test it with a new game or without saving the game. It should leave the foods alone and keep doing the other
things (I've only modified what happens when the spell is casted succesfully).

EDIT: attachment removed. See http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...925#post4777925 for an updated version.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:29 PM
It has bad reviews mainly because people weren't used to zombies being in such high quantities and always showing up to bother you. The problem with this is that they essentially can't handle basic zombie things zombies are intended to do in fiction, like form hoards.

Sure, it's annoying, but zombies in mass quantities can be annoying after a while anyways. That doesn't mean their love of having a million undead best friends around and showing up to greet their neighbors in loving zombie fashion needs to be pruned from the game, but at the very least the epidemic of clingy zombie neighbors needs to be controlled.
Instructor
#56 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 3:32 PM
The problem was they don't act like Zombie.

Zombies eat brains, Not plants. Zombie don't show up because of a full moon. Zombies don't change back to normal people. Zombies are a thread when they gather in large numbers, they don't just ignore a whole famile standing out in the open while they dance or paint. These things were not Zombies, they were just normal sims that they couldn't interact with and you couldn't get rid of without cheats or a mod and they end up crashing the game. The problem isn't that people are stupid and didn't understand what Zombies are, the trouble is that the "Zombies" EA put in this forty dollar expansion pack are no more zombies then the things in twilight are vampires.

It was lazy and it broke the game, and maybe I could excuse that if this expansion pack were $10 and EA had patched it as soon as the problem turned up but that didn't happen. This expansion pack was $40 and EA never patched it tom keep it from crashing the game, so there is no excuse for this.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 4:29 PM Last edited by Deshong : 27th Apr 2015 at 5:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KarenLorraine
@Deshong Great pictures Please could you pop 4 of the images under a spoiler/info tab, it helps with loading times as per the Site rules and guidelines , thanks

Sure, I'll remember that as I do sometimes go overboard with pictures, lol.

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, I did refer to a mod up above to lose the zombies (totally annoying and utterly nonthreatening, how the hell can they even be called zombies?) and there's a mod to lose the green fluorescent effect of the full moon (hated that glow too), so you can still have a lunar cycle without the annoyances.

And one other hint. I LOVED the witch casting the clean everything spell. Made housework a pleasure. Except for a bug, which has not been fixed to this day (which means it never will) that when casting the spell will cause all the prepared food in the fridge to go bad within a day. And as someone who stocks up a bunch of nice meals for my sims to grab whenever they're hungry without the whole drama of cooking a meal calling the household to the meal, which they'll eat even if already stuffed (and a way for my sims to always get their fave meal whenever they want), it was a bug that, for me, killed that otherwise cool spell.

I was also someone who didn't play with supernaturals, and, to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the werewolves or even the vamps, v.2, but enjoyed the witches and occasional fairy in the household. I also really liked the town, as it and Twinbrook were really the only ones that looked good with a four season cycle (snow in SV or certainly Lucky Palms and Roaring Heights just looked wrong to me, let alone custom worlds like Angel City (LA based) or even places like Sunlit Tides or IP). I didn't even really like snow in Bridgeport, as the only snow I'm used to in cities in real life turns a disgusting dark grey from dirt within a day, and it's hard for me to break the association.

I'm glad it's an option to turn off certain seasons and elements so if it does not fit that world it will not be used. SV though I think looks nice in all seasons. However because of the palm trees I would think spring and summer only would suit SV realistically. LP I imagine just summer but maybe spring too. RH also spring and summer. ST and IP summer only but spring could work too. BP I would use all seasons because I've visited a city and saw snow or leaves falling and changing colors and of course fog and other elements. Definitely makes me curious to what each worlds realistic season(s) and weather elements are.

Because I have not used the restoration spell in quite a bit, I wouldn't remember about food spoiling in a day. I'm currently playing in an apartment with a human landlord, his wife, daughter and son who is a tenant plus other tenants. Four members of a werewolf family, one human female and her two cats. But I do want to make a switch to a household with at least one witch to see if I notice it in my game as well. I can definitely see how frustrating that would be.

Quote: Originally posted by Salamancer
It has bad reviews mainly because people weren't used to zombies being in such high quantities and always showing up to bother you. The problem with this is that they essentially can't handle basic zombie things zombies are intended to do in fiction, like form hoards.

Sure, it's annoying, but zombies in mass quantities can be annoying after a while anyways. That doesn't mean their love of having a million undead best friends around and showing up to greet their neighbors in loving zombie fashion needs to be pruned from the game, but at the very least the epidemic of clingy zombie neighbors needs to be controlled.

If EA wanted to they could but then it would be a small hoard though. However EA's zombies are related to the PvZ (Plants VS Zombies) game where zombies attack and eat plants. It's a fun game actually since I thought I might not like it but tried the demo and eventually bought the full game on sale. So the common zombies in fiction was not EA's aim at all and it makes sense as EA owns PopCap therefore owning PvZ.

SN came out in 2012, PopCap was bought in 2011. I think that's correct?
One Minute Ninja'd
#58 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I'm glad it's an option to turn off certain seasons and elements so if it does not fit that world it will not be used. SV though I think looks nice in all seasons. However because of the palm trees I would think spring and summer only would suit SV realistically. LP I imagine just summer but maybe spring too. RH also spring and summer. ST and IP summer only but spring could work too. BP I would use all seasons because I've visited a city and saw snow or leaves falling and changing colors and of course fog and other elements. Definitely makes me curious to what each worlds realistic season(s) and weather elements are.

Oh, they had to go that route with the variety of worlds out there. OK, they didn't HAVE to, but it was the proper implementation so you can tune the seasons to match the locale. And there were a bunch of useful tuning mods that even gave you more control over the seasons, controlling things like temperature ranges and precipitation amounts. I mean, I expect it would rain occasionally in a place like Lucky Palms, but not necessarily with the frequency that EA's stock Spring/Summer seasons had, so additional tuning was a nice option.

@Arsil, I'm currently playing a human legacy, but thanks for attempting to fix that bug. I can try it out on a test game with a witch probably this weekend, unless someone else picks it up before, and can verify if it corrects that error.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#59 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 5:49 PM
I don't have that EP, would you like to test this for me? Not sure if is the best approach for the problem but should work.
Please test it with a new game or without saving the game. It should leave the foods alone and keep doing the other
things (I've only modified what happens when the spell is casted succesfully).
Necromancy or not, I have a question @Arsil. This fix is a script mod, right? So there is no risk of it conflicting with any tuning of the MagicWand.xml?
Inventor
#60 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 6:01 PM
Yep. But it was made really fast. I'm sure it can be done much better, i.e. fixing the issue instead of working around it.
Scholar
#61 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 5:15 AM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 4th Jun 2015 at 8:22 AM.
Supernatural is one of those TS3 expansions I install for the items and in this case the Alchemy skill. The rest of it I try to turn off through game options and mods The supernatural beings it installs are just too fluffy and cute for my taste with the veggie zombies being the worst of the lot.
Icy Spicy
#62 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 2:25 PM
Supernatural is one of my favourite EPs(although that maybe because I am a huge fantasy lover).Alchemy is a very detailed skill and I love it. But I do use mods to turn off zombies and the full moon lighting.And SN gives me an excuse to build a whole lot of whimsical lots.The objects that come with SN(not the clothes so much) are really well made.
And also...Moonlight Falls.That is my 2nd favourite TS3 world after Bridgeport.The atmosphere in Moonlight Falls is very unique.(More so for me as I live in a crowded city)
Forum Resident
#63 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annything
I don't like it because it turns everyone in town into fairies, werewolves, witches, and vampires to the point humans become an endangered species. :c

This comment alone is the best promotion for me to buy ts3 for pc I ever heard. I hate humans. Why does everyone want to be in a fantasy game what they are forced to be in real life? I would love a game where the humans were the "endangered species" hiding from the sups. That would make a good movie too.
Inventor
#64 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Arsil : 5th Jun 2015 at 7:31 AM.
I took another look at how the restoration spell works to understand the problem.

It unspoils spoiled food (be it inside or outside a fridge) and updates its spoiling timer (setting it to the default value of 10 hours).
So, to a unspoiled food that has a bigger duration for the spoiling timer, the spell actually does more harm than good.

The problem is that it seems like there's no way to check if the duration of the current spoiling timer is bigger than 10 hours
to decide if keep that timer or set a new one.
EDIT: Never mind, there is a way to check that...

Ok. The default restoration spell also sets the food quality to neutral, the modded one does that only if the food quality
was worse than neutral.

Here's the new version. I don't have Supernatural but I tested it with a workaround and should work fine.
This mod was made and tested with game version 1.67. It requires Supernatural of course.
Keep in mind that food in Sims' inventory (or other inventories beside the shared one of fridges) is not affected.
I've only modified what happens when the spell is casted succesfully
(there are other mods to ensure that spells never fail or never epic fail).

EDIT: attachment removed. Work in progress. Sorry for the trouble.
Alchemist
#65 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 6:51 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 4th Jun 2015 at 10:23 PM.
That's supposed to happen only when the spell epic fails, otherwise it should make all foods in the [shared inventory of the] fridge unspoil.
You mean it happens even when the spell is a success or you don't like that side effect when it epic fails?

Happens to me too, absolutely every time any witch casts the spell - and this happened in several games, several towns, you get the picture.
The prepared food in the fridge is always reset to Normal quality, but I haven't paid attention if it spoils the next day or not (or if the Minus One Kelvin fridge prevents it from spoiling).

Edit: ooh, thanks <3
Edit 2: doesn't work for me, food still reverts to Normal quality Oh well.
Inventor
#66 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 6:35 AM Last edited by Arsil : 5th Jun 2015 at 6:47 AM.
And of course I forgot the ITUN. I've re-uploaded the attachment in my previous post, please re-download.
Please test it and let me know if it works correctly.

Is the reward fridge supposed to keep food unspoiled forever? If yes, don't use the spell until I handle that.

In the meantime I'll ask advice to the Authority for this kind of mods because I have a few doubts.

EDIT: @sweetdevil : it's not working? Would you like to help me test it? Wait for the next update,
if it wasn't working at all before I guess it won't work just adding the ITUN.
#67 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 6:47 AM
(...)
Is the reward fridge supposed to keep food unspoiled forever?
Yes, forever.
Same, by the way, for the Food Replicator award object. Although I have never tried whether this is affected by the Restoration spell, too.
#68 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Yes, forever.
Same, by the way, for the Food Replicator award object. Although I have never tried whether this is affected by the Restoration spell, too.

Got the food replicator once... what a rip off. I gave it the best food to duplicate and all it did was make my sim vomit because the food was so bad.

Ya know, it kinda kills it when you get all those lifetime happiness points and you get a lame reward like the food replicator. I hate using the NRAAS cheat to undo something like that, but I get my lifetime happiness points back and then deduct the simolians I get from selling the thing.

What I really hate is that I keep forgetting that the 20,000 lifetime happiness points for the legacy statue don't work for teenagers.
#69 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:16 AM
I use it to replicate and store Ambrosia. And while I cannot remember its quality, I know that it doesn't spoil, even if you move houses with the Ambrosia still stored in the machine. I'm in week 62 now and I think I must have had 18 servings of Ambrosia in there for almost as long.
#70 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
I use it to replicate and store Ambrosia.

Ah, I had to look that up because it didn't work for me.

You must be doing the "stop making the ambrosia when it is in the mixing bowl and replicate it unbaked" glitch, because I heard it wasn't supposed to replicate ambrosia.
Inventor
#71 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 7:30 AM Last edited by Arsil : 5th Jun 2015 at 9:50 AM.
Thanks and sorry for the trouble. I'm sure I'll do it eventually, it's a drag because I can't test it directly myself.

Here's a new version. I'd like someone to test 2 things:
- verify if the custom spell is used : it's easy, you'll get a debug message in a dialog window,
actually you'll get a message for every food, sorry but it's the only way to make sure it's working
(of course I'll remove the messages once tested that it works)
- if the previous point is checked, check if the spell works well also with the reward fridge or
special cases (presuming they exist) where the food doesn't have a spoiling (spoilage?) alarm

I got a feeling that you won't get the debug message, I think the default version of the spell
is still used. But it's ok, once I verify that, I can try to replace the spell in another way.

EDIT: attachment removed. Work in progress.
Alchemist
#72 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 9:14 AM
Sure I can help test, no problem. Here's what I have so far:
- food in fridge, with the MinusOne Kelvin fridge and Perfect quality food: food quality is reset to Normal;
- food in fridge, with a regular fridge and Great quality food: food quality is reset to Normal;
- food on counter, Perfect quality: food remains at Perfect quality;
- Ambrosia on counter, Perfect quality: food remains at Perfect quality;
- Ambrosia in MOK fridge, Perfect quality: food quality is reset to Normal;
- Ambrosia in regular fridge, Perfect quality: food quality is reset to Normal.

Notes:
- restoration spell has no name. The field is blank in the spell selection menu. The interaction also has no name when you hover over it at the top of the screen.
- ingredient quality in fridge suffers no modification after the spell and with the mod.
- I never got any notification messages after any of the spells.

Note: with the old version I didn't get the debug message, and the spell appeared as "CustomRestorationSpell" or something like that in the spell selection menu. I also don't have any mod that prevents food from spoiling.
Inventor
#73 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 5:43 PM Last edited by Arsil : 7th Jun 2015 at 2:58 PM.
Let's try again ^^
No debug messages this time. Just check if it does fix the spell.

EDIT: There's a little nuisance: if you also use a ITUN override mod for the
interaction of the spell (CastRestoration_Terrain, Instance 0x9F8C6EE66A9D40AA),
it will be ignored. You have to modify the ITUN resource inside the package of this mod
instead. I know it's a drag, If I find a way to prevent that I'll let you know.

EDIT: I've fixed that nuisance (with some help) and removed the attachment because I've officially uploaded the mod
Alchemist
#74 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 6:44 PM
It works! Food quality stays the same, both in fridge and on counter The interaction's name appears correctly at the top left of the screen and in the spell selection panel too. You're awesome!
Test Subject
#75 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annything
World Adventures. I went through the embarrassment of being the only girl in GameStop (there were a lot of teenage boys there and they scared me and being the only girl meant so much to me) only to go home, unwrap it, and have my entire save game get fucked up.

I proceeded to call my friend, politely ask her dad if I could speak to my friend, and then when she got it I began screaming about "this stupid game!" and how "I paid money for this!" and asked her if she got hers to work.

Hers did not work.

Mine did not work.

I cried.

Wait, are these disagrees saying they didn't get the World Adventure bugs when it was released? Lucky duckies.

I have a problem with the sims 3 pets and it will crash my game when I get a pet in my family after I crafted a family....
my game keeps freezing up and I don't know why it does it
Page 3 of 4