Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Play Cards Anywhere

by plasticbox Posted 27th Mar 2015 at 7:21 AM - Updated 27th Mar 2015 at 7:32 AM by plasticbox

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 7:58 AM
This is a wonderful idea. I must play with this. Thank you.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 9:33 AM
What a great mod! Thank you. This will make up for all of the ones I had to remove with the patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:50 AM
That's wonderfull!! Now I can have tables for cardplay matching the furniture!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 1:10 PM
super idea, thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:17 PM
Awesome :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:06 PM
Fantastic!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:04 PM
Nice idea, thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 8:09 PM
Finally! I hated to always place the card table down. Thank you for your awesome work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:45 AM
thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 3:18 PM
Thank you so much, I hated having to place that table. This is awesome.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 3:29 PM
I have a question - is it still possible for sims to eat by that table?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:23 PM
On the table, yes -- but not when sitting on the chairs that are for the cards (those are only for playing cards, same as with the card table). See screenshot: the chair at the end is still free, so the sim can sit down there to read, eat etc.

Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:54 PM
Thanks for explaining this.

I wish Sims could play on any table.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:34 PM
One can probably tweak the tuning to make that more flexible, but I'm not going to do that -- I actually prefer when they play cards where I want them to instead of hogging random dining tables.

You can use my object as a basis if you want -- post in Create if you want to give it a try! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 5:26 PM
you are so amazing at what you do, thanks
Meet Me In My Next Life
#17 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
I WISH "PasticBox" could please re-visit Sims 2 and make this card anywhere for us still die hard Sims 2 fans. Can I still wish ?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:04 PM
You can wish all you want, but I don’t play TS2 any more.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#19 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You can wish all you want, but I don’t play TS2 any more.

Thanks for your reply, I'll not surprise.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 7:07 PM
Default Oddities to report
In my game I have only found one table... well technically all the tables with glass top that this mod is working with, the rest of the wood top tables "eat" the cards up. The tables are higher than the cards so I cannot click on them, even if they seem okay, once I switch to live mode they sink.
It is a weird case when I place a rug under the table too, when I use the glass top table (single tile), after a reload the game dumps the chairs and the card into family inventory, so I have to drag them out and place the chairs around the cards and back onto the table again, and at random times as well --not just save reloads. I wish this EA bug with "moveobjects on" wouldn't effect your card (table) it is making this mod unusable for me!
It seemed like a brilliant mod, but unfortunatelly it doesn't work out how it is advertised on my machine. Thanks for putting great game mods out there!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:34 PM
That's .. interesting o.O

What game version is this, and do you have any GPs/EPs? It works fine for me on the wood tables too (as you can see on the screenshots), so perhaps that plays a role. I could try uploading a version with a footprint, maybe that works better for whichever configuratin you have there.

Also, did you test this without other CC installed?

I'll look at the rug thing too; I don't remember whether I had rugs under any of the tables I tested/used this with. Thanks for the heads-up! =)

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 1:10 AM
My game version is still 1.4.83.1010. Base Game, Outdoors and gift packs are all installed.
I didn't think it would matter as this an item in base game / tables don't change heights. I might be wrong though. I'm sorry, I haven't tested without other CC.

I have tried the cards out without any other custom content, I cannot duplicate the problem, nor the move objects on bug (items migrate to family inventory) nor the cards sink in the wooden table tops. It works with EA rugs as well. This will remain a mystery until conflicts can be found by a tool (it's desperately needed). At least I have put your mind at ease, the problem is completely on my end. I'm sorry to have bothered you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:31 AM
I'm having the same problem as Antira, with the card deck sinking into the table.... But I'm unsure as to whether they are saying this is due to a conflict with another mod or cc? If so, I wish I knew what particular thing is causing a conflict cause I simply have way too much to sift through. Until now, I never bothered with the cards in Sims 4 because the game tables are so hideous that I can't be bothered to suffer the eye scorching simply so my sims can play cards.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:14 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 8:30 AM
Oh I can't wait to use these!
Page 1 of 4