Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:50 PM
Oh, lord, cats and fireflies! Or butterflies. Helps pass the time when sims are at work and school.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:46 PM
Toddlers and butterflies too. They make the cutest cranky face because they can't reach high enough to catch any.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#28 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:52 PM
Here's some of the little things I saw and loved:

+ The shy sim dance - it's very timid and it's pretty cute.
+ When a sim is writing in their diary and a sim walks in they don't trust they will immediately hold the diary/journal to their chest and have a thought bubble of the other sim with a red x through the picture and won't continue writing until the other one leaves.
+ When sims who have high relationships use the toilet and shower at the same time and then the sim who used the toilet flushes and the shower sim will immediately get out and yell at the one who flushed while they were int he shower.
+ When sims talk about music as depicted by speech bubbles with music-related icons along with making a 'composing' gesture and humming.
+ Star or cloud gazing when the one sim laying in the others arms look up and then sneak a glance at their crush.
+ Toddlers playing with the doll house that chew on the doll's heads and let the whole thing dangle from their mouths.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#29 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:44 AM
I just noticed today that the lighting throughout the day changes, like whoa...does anyone else notice this? It's so subtle, like around mid day the lighting would shift to a yellowish sunset color. Or sometimes it would be overcast and the lot would be a greyish color. I find this very interesting and couldn't believe i didn't notice this before. Perhaps my lot was a beach lot and it only happens on the coast?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:52 AM
It's because Sims 4 is so much like Sims 2, that I am starting to warm up to it. Still mad there are no toddlers, but whatever. Like chatting on a bed? Or chatting with people who are on a bed while you're at the computer playing games? WOW!

Like the little details of Sims 2 compared to Sims 3... Sims 3 has only one type of 'kiss' for standing-up kissing (other than making-out which is the same animation/very close to it just getting repeated over and over again). It's the 'Romantic Kiss' from The Sims 2. That's the only kiss in Sims 3. I love all the different types of kisses in Sims 2- my favorite is 'Suck Face' because of how the one partner (I usually make the guy select the interaction so the girl will do this..) will be like 'eek, I love you!' and stick their one foot in the air as they kiss as if they were squealing while falling in love. I love that little leg thing so much.

I love how big their eyes go during some point when doing the joke interaction.

I love the 'Dance' interaction for kissing and how they like dip their partner down and do a romantic kiss.

I love the 'Goose' interaction. It's so cute and hilarious! I always make my Sims goose, make-out, THEN woohoo because they need to like.. warm-up or something? I don't know. It seems more.. hmm..
Quote: Originally posted by Sims Wiki
With one sim selected in live mode, click on the other sim and choose cuddle, then kiss, then make out, then try for baby. You may be able to skip some of those but hey, who doesn't like a little foreplay? They'll also give a little boost to your sims' relationships, which can be helpful if the "try for baby" option doesn't show up when you first relax.

See? I'm not the only one! You can't call me weird.

...Oh my gosh, I'm a hopeless romantic. I think most of my favorite interactions are romantic ones.
#31 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:26 AM
I swear every time teen Nigel talks to his toddler brother Arthur he looks at one of his parents. I guess he's showing off his big brother skill XD
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ksantipasim
Sim comfort the crying sim autonomous interaction. It happens so rarely and leaves almost an unforgettable memory.

Ela wanted going fishing. So they went. (I built 1x1 community pond; rather bird watering place or large puddle than a pond; with grill, a hammock and a pee bush only. The place is quite popular.) Ela was such a lively open girl who spontaneously talked with everyone. Suddenly I saw her crying. I didn't notice what happened. She had something like “rude neighbor” in her queue. General Buzz knelt down to her and consoled her. I was touched.

Coincidentally, in a previous incarnation of my games Buzz remarried and had a daughter, and I saw him console her after another little girl had been picking on her. It was very cute! And quite surprising that it would be him who did it. Then it occurred to me, it may have looked like he was consoling her, but really he was probably passing on fighting tips so she could kick the bully's bottom if it happened again.

You lied to me…There is a Swansea!
Scholar
#33 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:15 PM
I like that if a vacation townie does the gesture and the sim doesn't know it (yet), they'll shrug and scratch their head with a weird face, and when they do know it a little, take Bow for example, they'll hesitate and do it sloppy.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
It's because Sims 4 is so much like Sims 2, that I am starting to warm up to it. Still mad there are no toddlers, but whatever. Like chatting on a bed? Or chatting with people who are on a bed while you're at the computer playing games? WOW!

YES! I remember reading a pre-release review on some game site that scoffed at Maxis for "attempting to woo the crowd still hanging on to their Sims 2". Like, "yeah, right, you couldn't convince them to jump on board at any point in the TS3 product cycle, as if they're really going to go for TS4 now" (because clearly we must be cheapskates opposed to upgraded games on principle, hmm?)

And playing the game, bugs and lack of toddlers aside, I can't help but think if that really IS what Maxis was going for then they have WON that gamble. I feel like TS4 is more of a rightful successor to TS2 than TS3, although The Sims 2 still feels like hands down the most well-thought out game in the entire franchise--possessing what The Sims 1 did: the potential to create gameplaying magic despite technological limitations.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 7:38 PM
The subject here is "NOT" about Sims 3 or Sims 4, but instead about the fun "Detail animations" that Sims 2 have that we as Sims 2 fans love and still yet to discover within the frame work of Sims 2.
Please this is not a "War" on Sims 3 or Sims 4 they have their own forums. This is Sims 2 forums I would like for us all to stay on the "main subject" about your love of details that you have found in the Sims 2 that keep us Sims 2 fans playing this great game.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:37 PM
I love everything about TS2!
I love watching the toddlers when they're playing with the toys from the toy making bench...especially the "clown-in-the-box" toy. (I've never had the heart to let them play with the "bad" one, tho lol)

Watching them play in puddles is another favorite one to watch.

But my all time favorite one is them fighting over a bottle. - The first time I ever saw that happen was when all of the adults were outside fishing and my twins were with them. The Nanny had just brought one of them a bottle and was heading off to get one for the other toddler when the fight began. Broke my heart and yet made me laugh all at the same time
I had a pic of that for my desktop for many years but lost it with a reformat. So, been waiting to get another pic.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:43 PM
In the early stages of a kid teaching a toddler a nursery rhyme, when the toddler is getting distracted, the kid gets disgusted and leans on his fists with this frustrated scowl that I just love.

And there's a look some sim kids get (I think it has to do with outgoing points) when talking to adults that, when I see it, I just know that kid is showing off, trotting out the most grown-up talk he can, possibly even educating the adult about dinosaurs or whatever.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#38 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 12:49 AM
I know, I know. I was just saying how the details of the animation made me fall for this game rather than Sims 3. I was just comparing the details to TS3. I mean like, Sims from Sims 3 act like they got a pole or something stuck up their butt, they walk and do stuff like barbie dolls, while Sims 2 feel like actual people because of the little details in the way they act. Which makes it more fun when you're in the mood to torture a Sim
Field Researcher
#39 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:29 AM
Those details are what keeps me playing Sims 2, and I do mean it, you have no idea how much I drool over story progression, open world and those awesome clothes and furniture that already comes in the the two later versions of the game. But those things just won't do it for me on their own, Sims 2 is beautifully animated and thought thru. You don't have to imagine your Sim entering a car, or grabbing a dish from the counter, because the animations and details are already there.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Apr 2015 at 7:52 AM.
My No.11 another "so cute" and so fun Sims 2 animation to watch I call it "Oh he or she just want to show off."
When the child wave his or her hands at their parents or nanny for attention and then once all eyes are on them they do a "cartwheel or headstand."

The details of this animation is so wonderful and the child facial expressions are so fun to check out, if they fail to carry out the cartwheel or headstand they end up landing on their butt.
I always say to my child Sims when this happen it's "ok just get up and try it again".

Inventor
#41 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I just know that kid is showing off, trotting out the most grown-up talk he can, possibly even educating the adult about dinosaurs or whatever.

Like Katya Markum,. As a kid she started up a conversation with a friend of her father, when he was on a visit, about .. woohoo.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:56 PM
One of my favourite animations is teens playing with the refridgerator door – they're standing on the lowest shelf and makes the door rock back and forth like some other swing. Some Sims can be told to kneel down and smell the flowers (and may do so autonomously), but this depends on personality. I noticed that only recently. Sloppy Sims can search for food in the trash can and tend to pee in the shower, while very neat Sims might start to clean windows if they're left on their own for a while

Speaking of refridgerators, they've even bothered to animate the condensation appearing on the glass after the grocery store fridges have been closed. If you look very closely, you can see that someone's drawn a face on the glass!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#43 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Simonut : 13th Apr 2015 at 11:23 PM.
Gee, they just keep coming to my mind, my No.12 is when the Child girl or boy is playing with the "dollhouse." I love the animations of their voice pretending like they are someone else ( or the dolls themselves ) talking while playing with each doll within the dollhouse. It so much remind me of myself as a small child when I would play with my dollhouse I too pretend and use a different voice. And the child boy love to make airplane sounds when he is playing with a airplane from his toy box, he also make a horse sound when he play with the horse. So cute :lovestruc

Theorist
#44 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 4:03 AM
When I was a kid and played with dolls or a dollhouse 'shoe box', I always wished my dolls would come to life. I got my wish.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
When I was a kid and played with dolls or a dollhouse 'shoe box', I always wished my dolls would come to life. I got my wish.

Same. And you know what? I knew about The Sims 2 before I even knew about it.

I didn't find out about any Sims game 'till 5th grade. That was TS3. Look what I finally got.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:49 AM
I love a shy Sim flirting, hands behind his back, toe into the ground (like Chester Gieke does with every round brown-haired female he sees in my game). I love the way an elder man stand up straight when a pretty young lady passes by. I love the way toddlers crawl - especially the active ones, crawling as fast as they can, everywhere they can. I love toddlers eating snow and trying to catch butterflies; and hugging wolves!
Neat Sims showing their happiness when ordered to clean! Will never forget how amused I was when I first directed such a Sim to clean the dirty toilet in one of Downtown's nightclubs. He was so happy, rubbing his hands together and then made for that dirty toilet with a whole lot of speed!
Quite recently Trent Traveller returned from work in his bandit clothing and made straight for the kitchen where he kissed his wife tenderly. (That was AFTER ACR was thrown out of my game ).
As for Sims 4 - that game needs toddlers. Kids are really cute, though.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:23 PM
It's the little details in this game that I love. Last night I send my new CAS family from Bluewater into town to buy clothes at Cold Issue Clothing. Although my family consisted only of adults and children (and it was rather late to be taking children out), there was a crowd of the local Downtown and Veronaville teens there, most of them hanging around near the tills and some of them, I'm afraid, falling out with each other. (I'll have a word with them about that when I next play their lots!) Amongst them was my original Sim Andrew Jones. But Andrew wasn't talking to anyone; true to his occasionally obsessive personality, he was looking for some magazine he wanted in the magazine rack. During my Sims' visit (they bought quite a few clothes in different categories), Andrew never moved away from that magazine rack, nor acknowledged the presence of anyone else in the shop. He just kept looking at different magazines, taking some off the shelf to leaf through them. Some of the magazines were on the top shelf, and only being a teen, they were hard for him to reach, so (this I've never noticed before) he stood on tiptoe to reach them, giving me a good view of the soles of the sandals his mum gave him for Christmas. (He was wearing the Maxis sandals with socks along with the ridiculously short shorts that I made for him.) And all the time he was so engrossed in his search for that magazine that he took no notice at all of anything going on around him.

Next time your Sims visit a community lot, take a look at what the other Sims are getting up to in the background!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Apr 2015 at 8:54 PM.
My No.13. Have you ever notice when the child tell a "secret" to their play friends or sister or brother ? I have notice that if while telling their secret if there parents or friends come around the child will act like nothing going on.
Sims Kids really know how to keep and not share their secret, they only share it with the Sims they first told it to. ( If I had to share my secret it would be with the Sims child their mouth is seal. )

Can't say that about the "adult Sims" their mouth run like water, they will tell it all, I know you all have check out their 'thrill" to gossip nothing there is a secret .
Have you notice they will talk about their own best friend to another Sims, the animation show them just laughing out loud and even tapping each other on the shoulder while they gossip.
( The tapping is like they are saying "hey wait there is even more to tell so don't leave." ) Sorry but the Sims "adults" I would never tell a secret to, they would spread it to the whole town. That animation is fun to watch.

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:55 PM
I love watching a little toddler use the activity table for drawing. The movements are somewhat fluid and they look so cute.
Inventor
#50 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
I like it even better if there are more than one at that activity table.
So cute when they autonomously choose to play together there.
Page 2 of 10