Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:37 AM
Digital photo frames suddenly stopped working.
Hey folks... I googled the hell out of this issue and have run into it in game recently where I was putting prom photos, family (holiday/venue) photos, and photo booth photos, into the Graham's Super Digital Photo Frame and suddenly the frame stopped accepting them. I can still put photos but this was a nice way to show off my generations of Sims... I know this issue is somewhat common but the rare thing I've not been able to find is a fix. Can someone make a fix for this issue???
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:43 PM
I don't understand what's the problem. You said it stopped accepting photos but that you can still put them (inside?).
How many photos there are in the digital frame? It should contain virtually an infinite number of photos.
Have you tried taking all photos and putting them in another digital frame?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I don't understand what's the problem. You said it stopped accepting photos but that you can still put them (inside?).
How many photos there are in the digital frame? It should contain virtually an infinite number of photos.
Have you tried taking all photos and putting them in another digital frame?

I mean that that frame stopped accepting non-camera photos. Meaning the prom photos, photo booth stuff... etc... it won't let me add those at all now. It seems to go back and forth on this issue randomly... it let me do it for a while and then for about four game saves (about 6hrs now) it hasn't allowed me to. Reloading the game doesn't fix this... neither does replacing the frame... the game isn't allowing me to add them at random... this isn't a new problem either... this has been experienced many times.
Instructor
#4 Old 25th May 2015 at 8:21 PM
I thought that the frames had never accepted non camera photos, or at least that is the impression I had gotten from this WCIF post:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=555178

I've never really used the frame myself, but I assumed that the photos from photobooths, greeting cards, and proms would not work on the frame because they are already in their own picture frames. I would say it was a glitch that this worked in the first place.

(Although, now I'm wondering if the photos you take with the camera are in frames when you put them on the walls. I never really use the cameras, and I don't know if I've ever put a sim's picture on a wall, so I may just be talking crazy over here.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2015 at 8:59 PM
Showing the issue... same type of photo... won't allow it now.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2015 at 2:40 PM
Would anyone be so kind as to pillage the frame code and force it to allow these photos?
Inventor
#7 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Arsil : 29th May 2015 at 6:41 PM.
I looked at how inventories work some time ago. I don't remember all details
and maybe there are better solutions, but I think a simple trick is to set as true
the IgnoreInventoryValidation field of the inventory (which is an itemComponent
of an object). This require scripting: making a new object class derived from
the existing one or use a pure script mod to alter existing frames.

This way you should be able to add anything with no filtering.
But keep in mind that that may lead to issues (presuming it works) if the digital
picture frame takes for granted that its inventory only contains legit objects.

Maybe SimsMatthew has a better memory than mine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 11:01 PM
Still looking for a fix for this issue... would really like to keep putting non-camera photos in these frames.