Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Bookshelf of Education

by Michelle Posted 3rd Jun 2015 at 8:52 AM - Updated 24th Jun 2015 at 1:15 AM by Michelle

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 12:14 PM
This is awesome, thank you! I love that you recolored the books also.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 3:01 PM
Bless you for this one! I have wanted (for a long time) a version of this bookcase with that book on top removed. Many thanks, Michelle!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 3:28 PM
Is this a separate object, or does it work as a default replacement for the object? I already have a default replacement without the book, but I prefer your recolors

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 9:51 PM
Oh, wow, oh, wow, I cannot "thank you" enough! I have wanted something like this forever!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:36 PM
You did it!! Thank you so much. I can't wait to get this into the game.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 12:12 AM
@ gummilutt; No it is not a default, it is a buyable bookcase, so your Sim can buy a bookcase that looks like the Career Reward one without the book on top. I don't know if the Career Reward bookcase has extra benefits, apart from faster learning; but this one is just an ordinary bookcase and works just like the other bookcases in game.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:56 AM
I have a buyable bookcase that still has the top gigantic book. Just wondering if it is going to conflict with yours which I like much better. I have the other one on may community lots and would rather not have to go around looking for them if I must delete. I will if I have to because I like yours so much.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 3:40 AM
@ sandya: I think it's safe to leave your bookcases in your community lots, hun, I can see no reason why this would cause any conflict with the other one, this is a new mesh and has a new GUID.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 3:47 PM
Thank you for that clarification. That's perfect, I love the shape but dislike the bonus, so now I can have the bookcase exactly like I want it. As always your creations fill needs I don't realize I have until you come and fix them <3
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@ sandya: I think it's safe to leave your bookcases in your community lots, hun, I can see no reason why this would cause any conflict with the other one, this is a new mesh and has a new GUID.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I should have realized when you said it was a new mesh in the description.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 6:23 PM Last edited by rena2sweet4u : 6th Jun 2015 at 4:02 AM.
Just so I have an understanding, the career rewards bookcase doesn't have any recolors, it's just the reward made accessable? The base game and freetime meshes that you made will use the different colors that you included, is that correct?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 12:29 AM
Thank-you!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:59 PM
No it is not a default

I'm working on that.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 7:12 PM
Does the shadow fix just involve changes to the TXTR and TXMT?
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 2:25 AM
@ dharden, no hun, I adjusted the shadows in milkshape as well.

Forum Resident
#17 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 3:27 AM
@ dharden, no hun, I adjusted the shadows in milkshape as well.

OK. I was able to work a way for the Maxis career-reward bookcase to use your book recolors,and was hoping I could transfer the shadow-fix because the wall shadow was starting to bug me..

BTW, did you get the PM I sent you?
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 7:19 AM
@ dharden, sort of, saw it but haven't had a chance to read all my PM's yet, sorry.

Forum Resident
#19 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 10:23 AM
@ dharden, sort of, saw it but haven't had a chance to read all my PM's yet, sorry.

The main point is that the FT mesh inherited a menu glitch from the FT version of the Novellas Nouveau Bookcase. It's easy to fix in SimPE, just remove everything from the "MakeActionString prim string set" STR# resource.
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 4:13 AM
@ dharden, I've taken a look at the bookcase and the Novellas Nouveau Bookcase, as far as I can see it make no difference to the working of the bookcases just the wording in the pie menu...instead of saying "READ TO" it says "DISCUSS". Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I will put a note on the main post mentioning it.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 12:51 PM
Looks great! Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 6:32 AM
This is so pretty! It'll be great for my sims' houses! :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 12:10 AM
Confused: I thought this was copied from the Bookcase Of Education, but then you said it was cloned from Novelias Nouveau.. The Career reward Bookcase of Education allows study of more than the usual; it includes everything (like charisma, logic, body) - I don't think it makes the study faster. But I'm only seeing regular bookcase options. So which IS it?
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:10 AM
@ grammapat, I didn't even notice you could study those things with the career reward bookcase, I only knew the Sims learned quicker using it. I used the mesh from the 'Books First for Learning: A Bookshelf of Education', removed the gold book from the top and changed the legs. It is a normal bookcase and works like a normal bookcase.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:04 PM
So I assume "using the mesh" doesn't carry over the functions-?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 1 of 2